Democrat politicians set to rob the public to pay reperations to slaves.

Paying reparations won't happen outside of a few urban-plantations. Slavery ended more than 150 years ago.
I do support ending affirmative-action programs, the US needs to get past race and be color-blind
I think we can reduce the number of payouts more than just limit out to the urban cancer centers… by forcing these folks to PROVE they are descendants of actual slaves. Most won’t be able to do it.
There is no way to prove your ancestry, the records simply do not exist. So its a bullshit assignment that will be rife with fraud. No thanks.

here is no way to prove your ancestry, the records simply do not exist. So its a bullshit assignment that will be rife with fraud. No thanks
Then there’s no need for reparations, is there? None of these people were ever slaves. They can’t prove anyone in their family was ever a slave. Then there’s no basis for reparations OR affirmative action programs.

here is no way to prove your ancestry, the records simply do not exist. So its a bullshit assignment that will be rife with fraud. No thanks
Then there’s no need for reparations, is there? None of these people were ever slaves. They can’t prove anyone in their family was ever a slave. Then there’s no basis for reparations OR affirmative action programs.
EXACTLY!! No one is guaranteed success. Everyone needs to work hard for it. Compare the racism when Trump was president to now with Xiden as president. Trump was color-blind and gave generously to black colleges. Xiden has CRT and the 1619 Project promoting racial animosity.

Hey speak of the Democrats raping their country, check this out on Social Security. You probably won't find this on Youtube or facebook, them people are communists in the making Demonicrats:

View attachment 503508

Anyone else notice the left is made up of cowards? They ignore this and information like it because their spines match their heads.

Hey speak of the Democrats raping their country, check this out on Social Security. You probably won't find this on Youtube or facebook, them people are communists in the making Demonicrats:

View attachment 503508
Some types of families did much better than average. A couple with only one spouse working (and receiving the same average wage) would have paid in $361,000 if they turned 65 in 2010, but can expect to get back $854,000 — more than double what they paid in. In 1980, this same 65-year-old couple would have received five times more than what they paid in, while in 1960, such a couple would have ended up with 14 times what they put in.

Such findings suggest that, even allowing for inflation and investment gains, many seniors will receive much more in benefits than what they paid in.

View attachment 503508
The first part of that path entails raising higher revenues. Everyone remembers Reagan's 1981 tax cuts. His admirers are less likely to tout the tax hikes he accepted as the 1981 recession and his own tax cuts began to unravel his long-term fiscal picture--a large tax increase on business in 1982, higher payroll taxes enacted in 1983 and higher energy taxes in 1984

Like I said 10 years ago....... the day America pays reparations to blacks, even though almost 40% of them have no American slave descendants - is the day the race war begins.
This nation will return to the 1960's race hatred.

Actually, none of them would have slave descendants, because those would be their children, grand children, etc.

I think what you were trying to say is that 40% of them don't have slave ancestors... and that really isn't true.

The only people starting a race war when that happens will be the hard core racists...

And it will actually be fun getting them out of the gene pool.

So the question is, what would reparations actually mean? Would it be a one time payment, or would it be a tax credit you get for being black? How big of a payment would it be?

The critical part of reparations would be to admit, once and for all, that our racist past was wrong, this is a way of admitting that wrong and apologizing for it.

View attachment 503508
As of September 2018, the $1,417 benefit paid to the average retired worker is enough to keep an estimated 15.3 million elderly Americans above the federal poverty line, according to an analysis by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.

Simply put, we'd be facing a major elderly poverty crisis without the financial protection provided to most seniors by Social Security

How is stealing my money paid in taxes, ment to manage the cities needs, to pay random black people going to solve ANYTHING? I wasn't even alive when slaves existed.
We have created an endless tidalwave of victimhood & entitlement.
We've also spent TRILLIONS trying to help poor minority families and individuals to no avail.

360000 men died fighting for the north. When will random people receive reparations for their sacrifice?

When will black leaders rise up and demand that the left stop patronizing them?
Someone somewhere in my family tree was treated unjustly or worse but that has NOTHING to do with my success or failure in life.
Watch the mass exodus from those cities commence.

Like I said 10 years ago....... the day America pays reparations to blacks, even though almost 40% of them have no American slave descendants - is the day the race war begins.
This nation will return to the 1960's race hatred.

Actually, none of them would have slave descendants, because those would be their children, grand children, etc.

I think what you were trying to say is that 40% of them don't have slave ancestors... and that really isn't true.

The only people starting a race war when that happens will be the hard core racists...

And it will actually be fun getting them out of the gene pool.

So the question is, what would reparations actually mean? Would it be a one time payment, or would it be a tax credit you get for being black? How big of a payment would it be?

The critical part of reparations would be to admit, once and for all, that our racist past was wrong, this is a way of admitting that wrong and apologizing for it.
It will be a huge swindle. That much is undeniable. I have no ancestors who were in this country prior to the Civil War. Why should I be taxed to pay "reparations?"

View attachment 503508
The wrong reason to cast blame on Congress is for the mutually beneficial borrowing arrangement between Social Security and the federal government. A common belief, at least across social media, is that the federal government has raided or stolen funds from Social Security's asset reserves to fund wars and other nefarious activities. This has virtually no shred of truth to it.

Social Security and the federal government have a mutually beneficial borrowing arrangement

How is stealing my money paid in taxes, ment to manage the cities needs, to pay random black people going to solve ANYTHING? I wasn't even alive when slaves existed.
We've also spent TRILLIONS trying to help poor minority families and individuals to no avail.

360000 men died fighting for the north. When will random people receive reparations for their sacrifice?

When will black leaders rise up and demand that the left stop patronizing them?
Someone somewhere in my family tree was treated unjustly or worse but that has NOTHING to do with my success or failure in life.
Go through this board. Count how many people here claim white people are victims of something being done by or for black people. Including this OP. Victimhood is claimed, day after day, BY PEOPLE SUPPORTING THE GOP. These issues that are brought up ad nauseum are like catnip FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU.
We are victims, asshole. What do you call Affirmative Action if not persecution of white people?

1. Racism only exists in 2021 because democrats are trying to promote it.

No, Racism still exists because White Americans are still pretty racist. One only has to wander around this board for a few days to see that.

2. More blacks voted for Trump than any other GOP candidate ever. Maybe they prefer Trump's "color-blind" policies over the democrat's slave/reparations/equity/Marxist policies?
Uh, no, guy, Biden got 90% of the black vote. Trump maybe got 9% of the black vote. It was actually less of a percentage than GW Bush (11%) and Ronald Reagan (11%) in their re-election bids. If you want to go even further back, Richard Nixon got 30% of the black vote in 1960, before the Republicans threw in with the Southern Racists.

1624209560759.png

3. Social Security, Medicare, unemployment, and veteran benefits are benefits that are earned and paid for our entire working lives. Medicaid and welfare are unearned charity, aka "safety-nets".

Um, wrong. ALL benefits are 'earned' in that we are all paying taxes. Most people on assistance are only one it for a few years.

I kind of went over this earlier in the thread, but it you retire at 65 and live to be 73, you will get back everything you paid into Social Security.
You will get back everything you paid into Medicare if you have one serious hospitalization

That's why these programs are going broke now... the Baby Boomers got old and are draining the surpluses we've been posting for decades. They won't be solvent after 2040.

As for Unemployment- You don't pay into that, your employer does. What your employer pays into it is only 6.5% of the first $7000 you are paid a year. You'll burn through that in about a week on unemployment.

Veterans benefits. Well, sorry, just because I wore a uniform 30 years ago doesn't mean I've "paid into" a program. I was paid for wearing that uniform at the time.

Welfare recipients by race. Again, mostly minorities, not white. So you lied.

Sorry, man, you have to give me a little better than unsourced material.

Here are the figures for SNAP

1624209971070.png

4. WTF does affirmative action helping white women have to do with Racism? Its the 1619 Project and CRT that I'm furious about. Promoting race wars is a bad idea. Especially when there are very few "blacks" in the US population. Most are "mixed race" like Tiger Woods.

First most Americans are not "mixed race" like Tiger Woods. The reason why Tiger's ancestry is interesting is that it is kind of unique.

Second- the only people who want to have a "race War" over CRT or 1619 are a bunch of fragile whites. I'm a white guy, I'm perfectly fine admitting that people who weren't me in the past did some pretty shitty things, and we need to correct them. I'm not sure why you aren't.

Paying reparations won't happen outside of a few urban-plantations. Slavery ended more than 150 years ago.
I do support ending affirmative-action programs, the US needs to get past race and be color-blind.

Again, Check your privilege.

I can honestly say that I've lost two opportunities due to "Affirmative Action". One was a woman who got promoted ahead of me (she turned out to be worthless.) One was black woman who got promoted ahead of me. (She also turned out to be worthless.)

On the other hand, I've seen many more cases where white people have helped out their own. I've seen girlfriends, relatives and drinking buddies promoted to positions they didn't merit because a white person who had a position of power put them there.

I saw one woman of color who was fired because a boss wanted to create a job for his drinking buddy as a scheduler. The man had no experience as scheduler.

View attachment 503508
The wrong reason to cast blame on Congress is for the mutually beneficial borrowing arrangement between Social Security and the federal government. A common belief, at least across social media, is that the federal government has raided or stolen funds from Social Security's asset reserves to fund wars and other nefarious activities. This has virtually no shred of truth to it.

Social Security and the federal government have a mutually beneficial borrowing arrangement

We are victims, asshole. What do you call Affirmative Action if not persecution of white people?

Levelling the playing field.

Whites already have a huge advantage in terms of hiring and educational opportunities. For every black person hired to fill a quota, I can show you 10 white people hired because they were relatives, drinking buddies, or just because they were white.

There is no way to prove your ancestry, the records simply do not exist. So its a bullshit assignment that will be rife with fraud. No thanks.

Sure they do. We've been keeping birth certificates for generations.

Check out ancestry.com. It's run by the Mormons, but they do a fantastic job of helping you find birth records of your ancestors.

View attachment 503508
In reality, the Social Security Administration is required by law to invest any net cash surpluses into special-issue bonds and, to a lesser extent, certificates of indebtedness. Basically, the Social Security Administration is loaning money to the federal government, which, in turn, pays interest to the Social Security program each year

Well, it's not mutually beneficial when this happens.

"Social Security: "Hey, guy, remember all those funds you converted into these bonds so you could pay for wars and tax cuts for rich people. I need to cash those in now."

That's when Right Wingers want to start cutting social security benefits, trim back eligiblity, raise the retirement age and all the other crap they pull.

Forum List

Back