Democracy is "mob rule."

You are completely incorrect. All you have to do is look at the senate to see that. A place where 200,000 voting Californians have the same representation as 1 guy from Montana.

Hard to see how that is not minority rule.

This is why the Federal Government is limited in power...the whole "Bill of Rights" is about limiting the power of the Federal Government... STATE'S RIGHTS trumps Federal Government... never was supposed to be any other way.
(Which is why I'm not a fan of Republicans as they are the party of Abraham Lincoln who violated this with impunity)

And if this nation actually went back to treasuring and honoring State's rights things would get better in a hurry.

The interstate commerce clause is the huge fly in the ointment and is overstretched to give the Federal Government too much power.

This is why the Federal Government is limited in power...the whole "Bill of Rights" is about limiting the power of the Federal Government... STATE'S RIGHTS trumps Federal Government... never was supposed to be any other way.
Oh, I see. It was meant to be a dysfunctional mess.

That makes more sense now.

Oh, I see. It was meant to be a dysfunctional mess.

That makes more sense now.
Politics are supposed to be local and by people who are reachable by the individual.

It's that whole thing about someone running around naked and yelling and dancing. If they do it in the middle of nowhere I am Unconcerned... however if they decide to do it in front of my door to my home something needs to be done about it.

What the Federal Government does isn't supposed to be all that relevant to your day to day life...what your city, county, and State government does is supposed to be extremely relevant. (And it's all the republicans fault currently that it doesn't work that way)

I know exactly where to reach the city and state government elected officials...they are much more available than Biden or senators or Representative ever thought about...

I can even reach local state and county judges...they can have time to share a lunch and just talk if they want to with constituents... even on a regular basis.

Good luck with Federal Government elected officials ever doing that. Besides... none of them can/will do anything for me (nor do I want them to)

after all it's not as if you're a country/nation.
But I do live in a city in a county inside of a state...
They have direct control over things like zoning, medical practices, roads and speed limits, schools, and jobs. They have more direct influence over my day-to-day life and activities than anyone else.
Even the power bill and cable bill are under their jurisdictions of control.

The Federal Government? They can only screw things up.

It's obvious your antediluvian, no longer fit for purpose founding documents have lead to this dysfunctional system. Pity you're captive to them/it.

It isn’t with a strong, independent, non-partisan judiciary that safeguards the rule of law, allows citizens to seek relief when government acts contrary to the rule of law, and defends the rights and protected liberties of the people.
The gun-grabbing judiciary? Dumbass judges who impose mental health as a lifetime felony record on an employment background check? You out of you fucking liberal mind there.

Politics are supposed to be local and by people who are reachable by the individual.
I don't like meddlesome neighbors telling me on such an intimate level what I can and cannot do in my day to day life.
after all it's not as if you're a country/nation.
Cities, counties, and states are in rebellion against the United States, just as they were in the Civil War.
But I do live in a city in a county inside of a state...
They have direct control over things like zoning, medical practices, roads and speed limits, schools, and jobs. They have more direct influence over my day-to-day life and activities than anyone else.
Even the power bill and cable bill are under their jurisdictions of control.
Such absolute totalitarianism is a Marxist dream or a dictatorship of a proletariat. The petty tyrannies of city hall and circumcision.
The powers that be are ordained of God, according to the Bible. And every power is answerable to a higher-up. And therefore the supreme task of the Federal Government is to punish all those city, state, and local government officials into submission to the Constitution of the United States.

It's obvious your antediluvian, no longer fit for purpose founding documents have lead to this dysfunctional system. Pity you're captive to them/it.
Ummmm...we can always edit the constitution if we don't want to follow it...until such time that we do...let's just do what it says.

I don't like meddlesome neighbors telling me on such an intimate level what I can and cannot do in my day to day life.

Cities, counties, and states are in rebellion against the United States, just as they were in the Civil War.

Such absolute totalitarianism is a Marxist dream or a dictatorship of a proletariat. The petty tyrannies of city hall and circumcision.

The powers that be are ordained of God, according to the Bible. And every power is answerable to a higher-up. And therefore the supreme task of the Federal Government is to punish all those city, state, and local government officials into submission to the Constitution of the United States.

If you don't like it you can always move to a neighboring state...

It isn’t with a strong, independent, non-partisan judiciary that safeguards the rule of law, allows citizens to seek relief when government acts contrary to the rule of law, and defends the rights and protected liberties of the people.

Yeah, problem is the judiciary in the US is a bit of a joke.

Ummmm...we can always edit the constitution if we don't want to follow it...until such time that we do...let's just do what it says.
And respect our absolute right to bear Arms, that is Firearms and other weapons, a right that, quote, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

How difficult is this?

Guns are banned but murder and mayhem are progressively legalized. Why?

Forum List

Back