Democracy is "mob rule."

The opposite of 'mob rule' is minority rule like the nobles of old times or the cliches of China's one party system. Mob rule is way better. Our system is strong since there are protections for our minorities built into our Constitution.
Mob rule is the French Revolution.

I'm afraid the electoral college has outlived its usefulness. Not only in the United States but the entire world it's becoming more and more urban. Thus more and more socialized. It's an inevitability. The electoral college was designed so the smaller states would have more leverage against the more populous, bigger states. It's creating a bigger and bigger imbalance.

The reality is small states don't have more leverage, because the Senators do their own thing. They're Americans, they might pay a little homage to their local voters, but only enough that the money can work its magic on the malleable voters.

In Germany, with their election yesterday, they have PR. One Land in Germany has something like 20% of the population of Germany, much larger proportion than any US state, and yet it doesn't control politics like people claim would happen in the US.

And the French Revolution was partly a result of the US revolution.
The US revolution sent the idea of freedom. The French had no idea what that meant because they did not have the brilliance of Jefferson, Adam's, Washington or Franklin.

Why is France important to us today? Because we now have idiot savages who have no idea what liberty is. Just like the French. They had to have a brutal dictator restore sanity. So will we. Sorry. It can't be fixed. Then if you recall, when the people finally shook Napoleon off, they restored the KING! Freedom came in baby steps because of mob rule.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
The US revolution sent the idea of freedom. The French had no idea what that meant because they did not have the brilliance of Jefferson, Adam's, Washington or Franklin.

Why is France important to us today? Because we now have idiot savages who have no idea what liberty is. Just like the French. They had to have a brutal dictator restore sanity. So will we. Sorry. It can't be fixed. Then if you recall, when the people finally shook Napoleon off, they restored the KING! Freedom came in baby steps because of mob rule.

I'm sure they could read.

The US had a population of 4 million people at that time.

Literacy rates in the north were high, the same for France, with literacy depending on status as well.

There were enough people who could read in France for them to be able to understand the "brilliance of Jefferson, Adam's, Washington or Franklin".

What is liberty? Why is France not liberty, but the US is? Please do explain.

We are a constitutional republic, not a democracy.

Democracy is mob rule.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to find I've spoken with you about this before. A constitutional republic and a democracy are not mutually exclusive. Deplorables insist on their own definition rather than accepting generally agreed dictionary versions.

democracy noun (democracies) 1 a form of government in which the people govern themselves or elect representatives to govern them. 2 a country, state or other body with such a form of government.
ETYMOLOGY: 16c: from French démocratie, from Greek demos people + kratos strength.
It may interest you to know that Americans elect representatives to govern them. This makes the US a democracy to all but the most invincibly ignorant. By 'the most invincibly ignorant' I mean, of course, deplorables.

It may interest you to know that Americans elect representatives to govern them. This makes the US a democracy to all but the most invincibly ignorant. By 'the most invincibly ignorant' I mean, of course, deplorables.

Do Americans "elect representatives to govern them"? Or do they go and vote, and then the system chooses who "represents" them, if they actually get any representation.

Take the Presidential election last year. The LARGEST Republican state was California. They got ZERO EC seats. So literally 6 million Republicans got no say in who their president was.

Same all over the country, especially in safe states. The people vote, the outcome is more or less a foregone conclusion and it doesn't matter what the people do.

Looking at the German federal elections where they have FPTP and PR on the same day, you can see the difference. Big parties benefit with FPTP. The two big parties gained a 10% increase in votes with FPTP compared to PR eight years ago and an 8% 4 years ago.

Which means that if they had FPTP, many people (probably more than the 8%-10%) would literally end up voting large parties when they want smaller parties to represent them.

I'm sure they could read.

The US had a population of 4 million people at that time.

Literacy rates in the north were high, the same for France, with literacy depending on status as well.

There were enough people who could read in France for them to be able to understand the "brilliance of Jefferson, Adam's, Washington or Franklin".

What is liberty? Why is France not liberty, but the US is? Please do explain.
The United States had a revolution and it ended in a democracy with a liberated people forging their own path. The French Revolution ended in the Reign of Terror and a crushing tyranny. It was brutal and violent. The United States elected leaders. France did not stop killing the French people until leadership was seized by a dictator. The United States continued to elect leaders and Franch restored the monarchy. France actually did not get a workable government until 1958 when Chsrles de Gaulle created the Fifth Republic.

We had remarkable leaders in the creation of our Republic. France did not. Why? Who knows why. They didn't.

The United States had a revolution and it ended in a democracy with a liberated people forging their own path. The French Revolution ended in the Reign of Terror and a crushing tyranny. It was brutal and violent. The United States elected leaders. France did not stop killing the French people until leadership was seized by a dictator. The United States continued to elect leaders and Franch restored the monarchy. France actually did not get a workable government until 1958 when Chsrles de Gaulle created the Fifth Republic.

We had remarkable leaders in the creation of our Republic. France did not. Why? Who knows why. They didn't.

Perhaps the US just got lucky. The Civil War didn't kill the US, it so easily could have. France had more pressures than the US, it had Germany and the UK right next door. The US had Canada and Mexico. Very different problems

Perhaps the US just got lucky. The Civil War didn't kill the US, it so easily could have. France had more pressures than the US, it had Germany and the UK right next door. The US had Canada and Mexico. Very different problems
Germany and the UK never encouraged the killing in such madness that the revolutionaries ended up killing one another. Maximilian Robespierre head of the Committee for Public Safety was himself executed.

Ann Coulter wrote a magnificent examination of the American and French Revolutions.

Germany and the UK never encouraged the killing in such madness that the revolutionaries ended up killing one another. Maximilian Robespierre head of the Committee for Public Safety was himself executed.

Ann Coulter wrote a magnificent examination of the American and French Revolutions.

Sure, sometimes things go crazy. That doesn't mean much.

Look at Nazi Germany, it's not difficult to take "normal people" and turn them into barbaric people.

Sure, sometimes things go crazy. That doesn't mean much.

Look at Nazi Germany, it's not difficult to take "normal people" and turn them into barbaric people.
A small group of controllers were able to manipulate an entire population into demonizing a distinct group. Keep that in mind when blm talks about whites or democrats want to punish the unvaccinated.

• Funny
A small group of controllers were able to manipulate an entire population into demonizing a distinct group. Keep that in mind when blm talks about whites or democrats want to punish the unvaccinated.

Well, there are many people pushing their narratives, manipulating people.

It happens on both sides. A person who thinks for themselves is able to see the narratives being pushed, understands them, and forms their own opinion.

I had another reply to me talking about Proportional Representation that was essentially "Democracy is mob rule".

So, Proportional Representation, which is the closest we're going to get to pure democracy in a mass election system, is it "mob rule"?

How would Germany be "mob rule" and the US isn't?

What is it about Denmark that has mobs controlling everything?

The US has two political parties that control EVERYTHING. Germany and Denmark and other PR countries have many more parties. They have representatives that REPRESENT the voters, not the money, they have more sensible politics instead of the partisan politics in the US.

So, how is Democracy mob rule?
People as a whole are easily swayed by the right propaganda...

There are more adherents to lizard men secretly ruling the world than those practicing Judaism.

Representative rule is how that is stopped.

That's why some states have Governors appoint senators instead of electing them.

The electoral college is about rural states having similar power as highly populated states. (You can't win the presidency off of NY and CA alone...)

Mob rule is how most California laws are made. And it's created chaos there with insufficient electrical power or petroleum products and a homeless shanty town everywhere that's inconvenient.

Also the most forest fires from unmanaged forests.

People as a whole are easily swayed by the right propaganda...

There are more adherents to lizard men secretly ruling the world than those practicing Judaism.

Representative rule is how that is stopped.

That's why some states have Governors appoint senators instead of electing them.

The electoral college is about rural states having similar power as highly populated states. (You can't win the presidency off of NY and CA alone...)

Mob rule is how most California laws are made. And it's created chaos there with insufficient electrical power or petroleum products and a homeless shanty town everywhere that's inconvenient.

Also the most forest fires from unmanaged forests.

The reality is both left and right are easily swayed by propaganda. The man made global warming thing is an example. I'm in favor of changing things because of the impact of man on the environment, but people will say such ridiculous things and DEMAND people obey them.

I understand the point of the EC, I also understand it's outdated and doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

The reality is the PR would be a much better balance, as it'd give people real choice. Right now they only have two viable choices, and in many states this isn't even a choice. About 20% of the voters decide who the president is, everyone else can just suck it up, and that's AFTER the whole process of nominating which is ridiculous too.

A. Our republic is a representative democracy. Derp.

B. "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.".

C. Government of the people, by the people, for the people".

Abraham Lincoln.

D. The United States was founded as a democracy. It continues to be a democracy and will always be a democracy no matter how many times you treasonous bastards try to change it.
You have been listening to the wrong idiots. We are a Republic where one man's freedoms can not be denied by any group no matter the size. Where you got "representative democracy" you need to give reference cause it should be good. No wonder these libtards are totally confused when forget the Constitution or Declaration of Independence they don't understand what type of government we have. Go back to school but I don't see how they could re-educate you when you were never educated the first time. Did I mention I sell clues. $7 a piece but for the totally clueless I have a special 3 for $25 or 4 for $50.

Last edited:
  • Funny

Forum List

Back