DC Whole Foods Store requires QR code to enter store

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Requiring a QR code has become a prevalent thing in China. The Washington DC Whole Foods store is now requiring shoppers to obtain their own QR code before entering the store.

Requiring a QR code has become a prevalent thing in China. The Washington DC Whole Foods store is now requiring shoppers to obtain their own QR code before entering the store.

Pathetic leftist cultism. Enjoy your so-called lives, slaves.

Wow! Glad I have my own garden and orchard and friends who supply me with meat, poultry, dairy and eggs.

The GOP will immediately offer tax breaks 20 times what this will cost American stores to implement, and even give them money in the next omnibus bill to pay for installing this, at the usual rates of 10 times actual costs. That is on top of the startup gift of $3 billion given directly to some billionaire to fund a company to handle the set up.

The GOP will immediately offer tax breaks 20 times what this will cost American stores to implement, and even give them money in the next omnibus bill to pay for installing this, at the usual rates of 10 times actual costs. That is on top of the startup gift of $3 billion given directly to some billionaire to fund a company to handle the set up.
/----/ And this is how democrats squander our tax dollars.

I'm not convinced we're getting the whole story here. It would appear as though the lane on the far right would allow one to enter without a QR code, but the customer would then be forced to go through a checkout line. The QR code allows one to shop and exit without stopping to checkout, billing their linked credit card.

Good way to keep those less than desirable types out. I think we all know who they are.
main-qimg-0d7cebd5bacb4a1b863f6b78500e6114-lq

I'm not convinced we're getting the whole story here. It would appear as though the lane on the far right would allow one to enter without a QR code, but the customer would then be forced to go through a checkout line. The QR code allows one to shop and exit without stopping to checkout, billing their linked credit card.

In the end it will become a way to strip a citizen of any ability to buy food if the government chooses to cut them off……

No way I'd do that.

During COVID I don't know how many wait staff I annoyed at restaraunts when I'd sit down, see the qr code sticker on the table you scan for your menu and I'd tell them "I'd like a real menu please" then they would have to go get me an actual menu. I don't let restaurants text me when my table is ready, they can say my name when the table is ready. I don't do mobile check ins just for a haircut. I won't place an order for a pickup at taco bell on the app. I won't scan my phone for movie tickets. I won't tap my phone to pay for groceries. And if anyone ever tells me I have to then I'll go somewhere else.

I love my phone, it's a great thing to have and very useful. But I'm not running my life off of it. I'm not tying everything to it.

I will fight this tooth and nail and cause as many people as much annoyance as it takes. The only way I'll tie my life to my phone is when I finally have no other option and I can't survive without doing so.

Good way to keep those less than desirable types out. I think we all know who they are.
main-qimg-0d7cebd5bacb4a1b863f6b78500e6114-lq

Those fucks will hop the turnstile, grab whatever they can and run out.

And you can say it, blacks. Blacks will mob rush stores even with qr codes and run in and steal anything not nailed down. Not all of them, but the majority of them will.

/——/ That’s how it works

In the end it will become a way to strip a citizen of any ability to buy food if the government chooses to cut them off……

And victims of identity theft or those with credit problems and the like. It's stupid to give all these companies access to your accounts or anything else, but morons are desperate to be all trendy and high tech n stuff.

No way I'd do that.

During COVID I don't know how many wait staff I annoyed at restaraunts when I'd sit down, see the qr code sticker on the table you scan for your menu and I'd tell them "I'd like a real menu please" then they would have to go get me an actual menu. I don't let restaurants text me when my table is ready, they can say my name when the table is ready. I don't do mobile check ins just for a haircut. I won't place an order for a pickup at taco bell on the app. I won't scan my phone for movie tickets. I won't tap my phone to pay for groceries. And if anyone ever tells me I have to then I'll go somewhere else.

I love my phone, it's a great thing to have and very useful. But I'm not running my life off of it. I'm not tying everything to it.

I will fight this tooth and nail and cause as many people as much annoyance as it takes. The only way I'll tie my life to my phone is when I finally have no other option and I can't survive without doing so.

Amen to all that. Why peoople think it's good when private companies spy on them and control their accounts but then snivel about the govt. over-reach is just bizarre.

Might be a good way to prevent loss.

That explains why QR codes are becoming so prevalent in China. They keep all those roving gangs of Chinese hip-hoppers and basketball players from looting the food stores, right?

Forum List

Back