David Frum on Trump Meeting with RNC "...burn it down"

Who do I talk to about getting the marshmallow concession? That's gonna be a hell of a fire.

I heard Trump call it a unity meeting or a unifying meeting or something like that.

From that statement, one thing is certain. It obviously wasn’t a unity meeting or a unifying meeting or anything of the sort.

Dude is a pathological liar.

The GOP is already burnt down....the desperates continue to throw water on the cinders. Beat the dead horse, beat the dead horse, beat the dead horse. Reality is just too unbearable.

It looks like the Donald might just have to do that. I just put up a thread about Karl Rove stating that they should just throw out all the primary results and give the voters a "fresh face" for November.

To hell with all the money spent already by candidates, to hell with the blood sweat and tears by all the volunteers for their candidate.

No. They are determined the the party will pick the nominee.

This crazy line really killed me. They think the only hiccup is keeping the voters happy for November. Good grief they really don't understand the backlash that will be released if they pull this stunt.

Releasing the Kraken won't hold a candle to the rage of disenfranchised Republicans.

"The thing that the party has to do is to make sure the voters believe their votes matter to keep them in the party for November.'

Rove hints at throwing out primary results: GOP needs 'fresh face'

I heard Trump call it a unity meeting or a unifying meeting or something like that.

From that statement, one thing is certain. It obviously wasn’t a unity meeting or a unifying meeting or anything of the sort.

He's trying. It's not him that is hell bent on dividing the party. It's the RNC.

He's trying. It's not him that is hell bent on dividing the party. It's the RNC.
Perhaps if he'd stop saying crazy shite more that 44% of republicans would support him.

RNC Lays Groundwork for Nominee Who May Not Be Trump

Another 9/11 Truther characteristic. Everyone else is always wrong; the only “correct” stance is the one taken the idiot outlier.

It looks like the Donald might just have to do that. I just put up a thread about Karl Rove stating that they should just throw out all the primary results and give the voters a "fresh face" for November.

To hell with all the money spent already by candidates, to hell with the blood sweat and tears by all the volunteers for their candidate.

This crazy line really killed me. They think the only hiccup is keeping the voters happy for November. Good grief they really don't understand the backlash that will be released if they pull this stunt.

Releasing the Kraken won't hold a candle to the rage of disenfranchised Republicans.

"The thing that the party has to do is to make sure the voters believe their votes matter to keep them in the party for November.'

And to show the displeasure…what would happen? The Senate is pretty much gone anyway. The goal of the GOP is to not lose so many seats that it can’t filibuster (the margin is 14 or 15). It won’t swing that far. The GOP/DNC has gerrymandered the House so well that of the 40-50 seats that are a shade of purple, they can hold their own. They won’t lose the House. As for the Presidency; well, its either pull the band-aid off at once, Let Trump lose by 5-7 million votes to HRC, or (worse yet) Trump wins and starts a 4 year slow motion train wreck of embarrassment, probable financial market collapse, foreign policy implosion as just the tip of the ice berg.

Another 9/11 Truther characteristic. Everyone else is always wrong; the only “correct” stance is the one taken the idiot outlier.

Hey how would you like your D party to let candidates run and spend millions of dollars and have their volunteers spend blood, sweat and tears all thru the primary process to turn around at the convention and go "gee, we don't think Bernie or Hillary can win so we're going to pick Joe Biden".

Are you telling me you would be cool with that? Because that is what the hell is happening on the R side.

And to show the displeasure…what would happen? The Senate is pretty much gone anyway. The goal of the GOP is to not lose so many seats that it can’t filibuster (the margin is 14 or 15). It won’t swing that far. The GOP/DNC has gerrymandered the House so well that of the 40-50 seats that are a shade of purple, they can hold their own. They won’t lose the House. As for the Presidency; well, its either pull the band-aid off at once, Let Trump lose by 5-7 million votes to HRC, or (worse yet) Trump wins and starts a 4 year slow motion train wreck of embarrassment, probable financial market collapse, foreign policy implosion as just the tip of the ice berg.

The anger that will be unleashed will surpass the anger of the voters in the primaries. And rightfully so. The reason Trump and Cruz have been winning is because the voters are rebelling against establishment insiders.

I think there won't be many voters in November voting for any R on any ticket.

David Frum is a conservative and former speech writer for George W. Bush. He is stating that Trump was threatening to take the GOP down when he visited with Reince Preibus and RNC yesterday:

Trump: 'Very nice' meeting with the RNC
Trump: 'Very nice' meeting with the RNC

What is wrong with that?

We should burn every Party that is the Democratic Parties 'pretend opposition' that they play fight with at least once a century.

Hey how would you like your D party to let candidates run and spend millions of dollars and have their volunteers spend blood, sweat and tears all thru the primary process to turn around at the convention and go "gee, we don't think Bernie or Hillary can win so we're going to pick Joe Biden".

Are you telling me you would be cool with that? Because that is what the hell is happening on the R side.

No that is not what Candy corn is saying, She is saying'Haha, nany nany booboo, you Publicans all suck, <bronx cheer>'

Its not really any more sincere or complicated than that.

But see, they know that mollifying Republican voters only amounts to $X million spent on advertising to build up the GOP nominee and to demonize Hillary untillno one can feel safe voting for her, etc.

I wouldnt be so cynical had I not seen it work in 1996, 2008 and 2012.

Forum List

Back