We. Did. This. To. Ourselves.

I don't think there's anything wrong about the pictures. And do you think some wacko made them up just because he had nothing better to do? Also, we didn't do it to ourselves. The greedy did it to everybody. I have some similar images myself.

View attachment 948705
OMG!

Either you are a stupid and ignorant asshole or you are a lying sack of shyte!

I live in that upper left-hand corner which shows Washington State and we are not with out trees, either "virgin"/native from 400+ years ago; or current having been planted within the past @175 years since "white man" started coming and settling here.

Between the central Olympic peninsula and it's old growth "virgin" forest and the Western slopes of the Cascades mountain ranges which retain much of the untouched lands from nearly two centuries ago before "white man" came here; we have almost (if not not more) tree coverage than shown in that 1620 map (of dubious origin and sources).

That "1926" map/image remains closer to current truth given replant and forest management efforts of the past century plus.
My own backyard serves as classic example since the vertical biomass = plants/trees exceeds what it was 30+ years ago when my wife first purchased and 'settled' this plot of land.

I'd invite you or any other to PM me and arrange to come out here and let me show you for yourself just how much we remain a tree-filled and Green growth covered State still!

Here in Washington State, we not only cover our "carbon footprint" Greatly!, we cover that of several others as well.!

PLUS ...
We provide a significant overflow bounty of organic and other grown food that feeds not only ourselves, but scores of other demographics across our nation.

No it is not dufus!
It's a map of conjectured forestation remaining from over 400 years ago, so-called "virgin forests" presented by another dufus with a political agenda, not a scientific or objective data/knowledge one.

It is showing "his" disinformation idea of what "he thinks" was present 400+ years ago versus what is there now, present, of trees living back then 400 years ago. Let that factor sink-in and digest!

It is a rare species and/or individual tree (type) that can live more than 100-200 years.
Nature tends to dish out the occasional wildfire every now and then that burns down an "old growth" forest of trees to re-start another carbon recycle phase. Which usually starts with deciduous tree types and other ground growth and brush before the 'evergreen' species get a foothold and eventually dominate. This all takes about one-two centuries to work out, depending upon numerous variables.

One classic example is the mix of human and nature caused major forest fire known as the Big Burn of 1910;
The Great Fire of 1910 (also commonly referred to as the Big Blowup, the Big Burn, or the Devil's Broom fire) was a wildfire in the Inland Northwest region of the United States that in the summer of 1910 burned three million acres (4,700 sq mi; 12,100 km2, approximately the size of Connecticut) in North Idaho and Western Montana, with extensions into Eastern Washington and Southeast British Columbia.[1] The area burned included large parts of the Bitterroot, Cabinet, Clearwater, Coeur d'Alene, Flathead, Kaniksu, Kootenai, Lewis and Clark, Lolo, and St. Joe national forests.[2]The fire burned over two days on the weekend of August 20–21,[3][4] after strong winds caused numerous smaller fires to combine into a firestorm of unprecedented size. It killed 87 people,[5] mostly firefighters,[6][7] destroyed numerous manmade structures, including several entire towns, and burned more than three million acres of forest with an estimated billion dollars' worth of timber lost.[2] It is believed to be the largest, although not the deadliest, forest fire in U.S. history.[8]

In the aftermath of the fire, the U.S. Forest Service received considerable recognition for its firefighting efforts, including a doubling of its budget from Congress. The outcome was to highlight firefighters as public heroes while raising public awareness of national nature conservation. The fire is often considered a significant impetus in the development of early wildfire prevention and suppression strategies.[2]
Getting back to your distortion ~ disinformation ~ Lie; the map does NOT show current levels of forestation. Just the opposite since current forestation (tree growth and coverage) equals when not exceeds that of 200+ years ago.

I've lived here over 70+ years and in recent years have flown low level over this terrain and it remains difficult to see the building and development underneath the tree cover in mid-Summer when all is in leaf. While there may not be much left that was alive in 1620, mostly due to natural causes, there remains today as much if not more tree=vertical fauna as there was over 175+ years ago when "white people" first began to settle here.

I suggest you come out here and let me show around at ground level and a couple thousand feet over such and see how much of this land (over 80+%) remains FORESTED! = covered with trees!
Fuck me sideways. :auiqs.jpg:
Harvesting forests has been the way since the pilgrims landed. LOL....
Trees get cut...and then grow back..and get cut..again..

For the love of all that's holy...what..are..you..trying..to say??

For 50 points name what’s wrong with this.

For 500 bonus points and a bottle of your favorite whisky, identify the location of at least one dot in the Today map. I’m very curious.

View attachment 948275

Oliver Star is an idiot and/or a dis-informationist !

He hasn't a clue what he is talking about and along the way presents distorted and inaccurate information = propaganda = pravda.

That the maps presented are inaccurate and distortions of Reality !!!

Why is such obvious and basic truth so hard for you to grasp and understand ??? !!!

Harvesting forests has been the way since humans and civilization has begun, thousands of year ago.
Why do you have such trouble noticing the obvious ???
:rolleyes:

I'll let someone else do that.
I've no desire to fuck you sideways or any other ways!

You are a slimy turd as far as I'm concerned !

:oops::omg:o_O

I think the point is not being a pig. Leave some of nature for nature. Also, I wonder what species went extinct due to all that clear cutting. Though I remember hearing of one instance where it was a good thing. At one time in the old West there was a big problem with locusts. Luckily, humans somehow managed to lumber or farm areas where they originated from. From what I remember hearing, they wiped out that species of locust. Also, in many areas that were clear cut, the trees didn't grow back naturally. They were planted with trees that were most valuable to the lumber industry. I remember seeing areas of national forest in my home state. The pine trees run in straight rows. Probably because they were planted like cultivated fields are. With a plow.
Too bad you lack guts ~ integrity ~ honesty to tell us more about yourself, such as where you are from and/or reside; what your credentials are, where you stand on other assorted issues, etc. !!! ???

Forestry replanting is usually done with young lads (and occasional lassie) who with a gunnysack of tree sprouts hung off one shoulder, and a hoe like device in hand on the other side, work their way uphill on a slope hacking, then plant a seedling; followed by a couple/few steps uphill to hack and plant another seedling, and so on.

No machinery or automation involved. Just a systematic process organized by the Nation's Forestry Service and applied o regenerate an area subject to either "clear cut" or "selective cut" in process of harvesting older growth trees.

I think the point is not being a pig. Leave some of nature for nature.

664fb1838bd313950614f997cde210a8.jpg

Also, I wonder what species went extinct due to all that clear cutting. Though I remember hearing of one instance where it was a good thing. At one time in the old West there was a big problem with locusts. Luckily, humans somehow managed to lumber or farm areas where they originated from. From what I remember hearing, they wiped out that species of locust. Also, in many areas that were clear cut, the trees didn't grow back naturally. They were planted with trees that were most valuable to the lumber industry. I remember seeing areas of national forest in my home state. The pine trees run in straight rows. Probably because they were planted like cultivated fields are. With a plow.

my property abuts a state forest of old growth trees & i consider my self extremely lucky. & tax free too!!!!

So you think there’s virgin forest there?

I’m still trying to grasp what constitutes a virgin forest. Indians have been using all forests for thousands of years.
Technically 'virgin forest' is that in which humankind has not harvested any trees. Remember when the 'scientists' were claiming the spotted owl could not exist without those old growth (i.e. virgin) forests? That is until citizens started taking photos of spotted owls nesting in K-mart signs and other improbable places and that 'scientific' mandate sort of fell apart.

I don't have any problem with preserving some old growth forest just to compare that with forests that have regrown. And some are national treasures like Muir Woods in California. But mostly the forests are just trees and useful to build homes, furniture, picture frames, make paper, etc.

Who did the survey in 1620?
Why do I live in a forest with trees dating to Colonial times?

The earliest date was probably an estimate. And I doubt if whenever anybody got to those areas that show forests they didn't find any. Also, I doubt that you live in a forest where the trees date back to colonial times. I live in Michigan. From what I hear, there are a few small areas that were never logged. As for the rest of the state, it was clear cut.

Forum List

Back