David Frum on Trump Meeting with RNC "...burn it down"

The GOP is already burning down better call the fire trucks....actually no need....the shit box is pretty much totaled out. Not even the furniture is recoverable.

The party elites ie establishment and the cucks that like to label themselves conservatives are complete fucking morons. Liberals/Democrats had it right all along. If the Dems weren't such pussies about guns and handling terrorism, I would give them a big stamp of approval.

The GOP is already burning down better call the fire trucks....actually no need....the shit box is pretty much totaled out. Not even the furniture is recoverable.

The party elites ie establishment and the cucks that like to label themselves conservatives are complete fucking morons. Liberals/Democrats had it right all along. If the Dems weren't such pussies about guns and handling terrorism, I would give them a big stamp of approval.

I totally agree.

Now that the GOP has been skunked up with Open Border neocons, I wonder what party Reagan would have joined....or maybe just started a new one?

I totally agree.

Now that the GOP has been skunked up with Open Border neocons, I wonder what party Reagan would have joined....or maybe just started a new one?
ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

I totally agree.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh, now dont pretend yo give a shit what Reagan would think or do.

Your a Dhimmicrat, you just vote for who you are told to.

It looks like the Donald might just have to do that. I just put up a thread about Karl Rove stating that they should just throw out all the primary results and give the voters a "fresh face" for November.

To hell with all the money spent already by candidates, to hell with the blood sweat and tears by all the volunteers for their candidate.

No. They are determined the the party will pick the nominee.

This crazy line really killed me. They think the only hiccup is keeping the voters happy for November. Good grief they really don't understand the backlash that will be released if they pull this stunt.

Releasing the Kraken won't hold a candle to the rage of disenfranchised Republicans.

"The thing that the party has to do is to make sure the voters believe their votes matter to keep them in the party for November.'

Rove hints at throwing out primary results: GOP needs 'fresh face'

And to show the displeasure…what would happen? The Senate is pretty much gone anyway. The goal of the GOP is to not lose so many seats that it can’t filibuster (the margin is 14 or 15). It won’t swing that far. The GOP/DNC has gerrymandered the House so well that of the 40-50 seats that are a shade of purple, they can hold their own. They won’t lose the House. As for the Presidency; well, its either pull the band-aid off at once, Let Trump lose by 5-7 million votes to HRC, or (worse yet) Trump wins and starts a 4 year slow motion train wreck of embarrassment, probable financial market collapse, foreign policy implosion as just the tip of the ice berg.

The anger that will be unleashed will surpass the anger of the voters in the primaries. And rightfully so. The reason Trump and Cruz have been winning is because the voters are rebelling against establishment insiders.

I think there won't be many voters in November voting for any R on any ticket.

Nonsense.

Name one “establishment insider” that lost their primary battle….

It looks like the Donald might just have to do that. I just put up a thread about Karl Rove stating that they should just throw out all the primary results and give the voters a "fresh face" for November.

To hell with all the money spent already by candidates, to hell with the blood sweat and tears by all the volunteers for their candidate.

This crazy line really killed me. They think the only hiccup is keeping the voters happy for November. Good grief they really don't understand the backlash that will be released if they pull this stunt.

Releasing the Kraken won't hold a candle to the rage of disenfranchised Republicans.

"The thing that the party has to do is to make sure the voters believe their votes matter to keep them in the party for November.'

And to show the displeasure…what would happen? The Senate is pretty much gone anyway. The goal of the GOP is to not lose so many seats that it can’t filibuster (the margin is 14 or 15). It won’t swing that far. The GOP/DNC has gerrymandered the House so well that of the 40-50 seats that are a shade of purple, they can hold their own. They won’t lose the House. As for the Presidency; well, its either pull the band-aid off at once, Let Trump lose by 5-7 million votes to HRC, or (worse yet) Trump wins and starts a 4 year slow motion train wreck of embarrassment, probable financial market collapse, foreign policy implosion as just the tip of the ice berg.

The anger that will be unleashed will surpass the anger of the voters in the primaries. And rightfully so. The reason Trump and Cruz have been winning is because the voters are rebelling against establishment insiders.

Nonsense.

Name one “establishment insider” that lost their primary battle….

President Phil Graham.

Really? The formerly Republican voters are all going to vote for the Democrat or independent (if there is one)? In 2014, 30 House seats were unopposed. (30 Members, 1 Senator Running Unopposed). So 10 percent or so will be back regardless. Add in about another third who will be safe due to blood red or sky blue districts. You “angry” little people may be able to get 10 Indies in the house. Congratulations. And your trophy for that is what….exactly????

The Senate is gone. No way 15 seats swing to the blue. So it’s status quo.

The POTUS race is probably lost anyway. Electorally it only helps HRC so have at it from my point of view.

Seriously, the RNC holds all the cards here.

David Frum is a conservative and former speech writer for George W. Bush. He is stating that Trump was threatening to take the GOP down when he visited with Reince Preibus and RNC yesterday:

Trump: 'Very nice' meeting with the RNC
Trump: 'Very nice' meeting with the RNC
Disappointing. Frum wasn't at the meeting. Pure conjecture. The cable news networks have been asking the same question and coming up with the same speculations for two solid months. It's becoming a mark of creativity to ask the question in a different way, like above.

I totally agree.

If Trump is the nominee the GOP should be renamed to the GNP (Grand New Party) Do away with the labels and strictly represent the American people. Americas Party. If he's not, start a new party. Let the elites, cuckservatives and SJW's wallow in their shit pile of "conservatism"

I totally agree.

If Trump is the nominee the GOP should be renamed to the GNP (Grand New Party) Do away with the labels and strictly represent the American people. Americas Party. If he's not, start a new party. Let the elites, cuckservatives and SJW's wallow in their shit pile of "conservatism"
I agree that the gop elite stopped being conservatives long ago. And, I won't even bother with the self-contradictions of Trump.

But what would a new conservative party stand for? Judges Roberts and Alito would like us to return to a pre-New Deal constitution. But, presumably one that would keep modern 14th amendment protections from discrimination.

Frum is persona non-grata because he noted that his boss, W, wasn't no conservative. But Frum is an unapologetic neo-con as well.

That is exactly what the GOP has already told you they are going to do. Throw everything out and start fresh.

That is exactly what the GOP has already told you they are going to do. Throw everything out and start fresh.

You are preaching to the choir here Bulldog. Way back I thought third party was the way to go. I kept telling posters it was the only choice because of the establishment not willing to move or budge an inch.

We did it up here. When the Liberals were too centrist it became the birth of the NDP. As I got older and more conservative we threw over the Progressive Conservatives and became the Conservative Party.

I think you can feel the movement on both sides so tired of the elite and the establishment. I adore Bernie Sanders. Man if I was still a young liberal this would be my man. I would be rallying for him day and night. I admire him like crazy. He has energized the young/old/female/male/left of center/center/men/women/ people who have never voted before.

It is awesome to behold. Although I am conservative now, the old anti establishment runs thru me like it did in days gone by. :) Still a radical with a conservative twist.

For both our parties I hope the revolution takes hold. And that we win.

You are preaching to the choir here Bulldog. Way back I thought third party was the way to go. I kept telling posters it was the only choice because of the establishment not willing to move or budge an inch.

We did it up here. When the Liberals were too centrist it became the birth of the NDP. As I got older and more conservative we threw over the Progressive Conservatives and became the Conservative Party.

I think you can feel the movement on both sides so tired of the elite and the establishment. I adore Bernie Sanders. Man if I was still a young liberal this would be my man. I would be rallying for him day and night. I admire him like crazy. He has energized the young/old/female/male/left of center/center/men/women/ people who have never voted before.

It is awesome to behold. Although I am conservative now, the old anti establishment runs thru me like it did in days gone by. :) Still a radical with a conservative twist.

For both our parties I hope the revolution takes hold. And that we win.

Yeah, me too. I still have my hair grown out, with periodic interruptions for the sake of a job or the military, but I guess I am an Old Hippy Who Dont Know What To Do, too.

Lol, until now I never thought of this applying to me.

Rove said that if Trump delegates won't go for Cruz and Cruz delegates won't go for Trump, delegates for both would accept someone entirely new. The voters won't. It would be the end of the Republican party altogether.

The word you are looking for is denial, the GOP establishment is in complete denial. This is a group who bragged they could win the White House without the base the fools are unhinged.

But what would a new conservative party stand for?

Personal Freedom.

Defense of liberty

The importance of maintaining moral standards

Protecting and advancing the economic, social and cultural interests of the American Middle Class.

Keeping the role of the federal government to an absolute minimum (the principle of Subsidiarity)

Forum List

Back