DACA Upheld by Supreme Court

Thanks to the Chief Justice, this is one less thing President Biden will have to concern himself with during the last ten days of January 2021.

Absolutely appalling. We can not allow this in our nation.

There's no stopping it that I can see. This is the kind of thing that most of the country wants now. We just do not have enough on our side to stop it, and even when we get people on the SCOTUS, we end up getting back stabbed by the very people we thought were going to rule by the law.

It’s getting close, the time is getting just about right to protect our borders, protect our heritage, culture, language.

growing up in a city where latinos and other refugees flooded our schools and lowering our wages, and disrespecting our culture my patience is thin.

if we don’t stop this invasion our country is gone.

Loser.

with a capital L.

I know most of you don’t live in the heart of a urban area like I do,, I’m TELLING YOU AMERICAN CULTURE IS GONE, our heritage is laughed at, this anti American culture will only grow... I know before I die I will be smiling,, the time can’t come fast enough. I remain patient and unbelievably firm that I will raise the flag on the tears of millions of defeated anti American democrats. Until that day, let’s all stay focused. God bless

conservative-victim-card-check-one-or-more-options-below-choose-32179491.png

Thanks to the Chief Justice, this is one less thing President Biden will have to concern himself with during the last ten days of January 2021.

There's no stopping it that I can see. This is the kind of thing that most of the country wants now. We just do not have enough on our side to stop it, and even when we get people on the SCOTUS, we end up getting back stabbed by the very people we thought were going to rule by the law.

Conservative failure. Never ever trust a conservative to conserve anything. Not the country, not its people, not the constitution, nothing.

So the president cant just end an unconstiutional EO without good reason.
Nice precedent.
I wonder why they didn't get to the heart of it? They did the same thing with the bake-the-cake case. They kicked it back on technicalities and didn't touch the real problem with a ten foot pole.

The Constitution, though, does give the President authority to "manage" the agencies under his control, which includes DHS. Obama instructed them to DEFER deportation if certain conditions were met. It didn't make them "legal" or "citizens," just allowed them to work legally and get student loans for college and put their deportation on the back burner.
I'm not sure that's unconstitutional, TN.
Obama himself called it unconstitutional. Then did it anyways.
And he is a "constitutional scholar" remember? :lol:
This is what Obama said:

"In the absence of any immigration action from Congress to fix our broken immigration system, what we’ve tried to do is focus our immigration enforcement resources in the right places," Obama said June 15, 2012. "This is not a path to citizenship. It's not a permanent fix. This is a temporary stopgap measure that lets us focus our resources wisely while giving a degree of relief and hope to talented, driven, patriotic young people."
Obama did urge Congress to act, saying, "There is still time for Congress to pass the DREAM Act this year, because these kids deserve to plan their lives in more than two-year increments."

This is the Republicans' spin on Obama's words:

It has been a theme among Republicans and conservatives that before he penned DACA, Obama had said that he was bound by law to pursue deportations. The Speaker of the House John Boehner posted a list of 22 times when Obama said "he couldn’t ignore or create his own immigration law."
Indeed, Obama did tell a Univision audience Oct. 25, 2010, that "I'm president, I'm not king."
But he continued on to say, "If Congress has laws on the books that says that people who are here who are not documented have to be deported, then I can exercise some flexibility in terms of where we deploy our resources, to focus on people who are really causing problems as opposed to families who are just trying to work and support themselves.
In announcing DACA, Obama emphasized that it was a temporary policy. He did not issue an executive order. Rather, the policy was released by the Department of Homeland Security.
Later in his presidency, Obama expanded the approach of deferred action to families, and for various reasons, that was blocked by the courts. There is no question that his interpretation of his authority grew over time.

Translation - Because no one ever told him no, and the media covered his ass -
He decided that he would try that "king" thing after all.

^^^ irony at its finest ^^^

Nice precedent.
I wonder why they didn't get to the heart of it? They did the same thing with the bake-the-cake case. They kicked it back on technicalities and didn't touch the real problem with a ten foot pole.

The Constitution, though, does give the President authority to "manage" the agencies under his control, which includes DHS. Obama instructed them to DEFER deportation if certain conditions were met. It didn't make them "legal" or "citizens," just allowed them to work legally and get student loans for college and put their deportation on the back burner.
This is what Obama said:

"In the absence of any immigration action from Congress to fix our broken immigration system, what we’ve tried to do is focus our immigration enforcement resources in the right places," Obama said June 15, 2012. "This is not a path to citizenship. It's not a permanent fix. This is a temporary stopgap measure that lets us focus our resources wisely while giving a degree of relief and hope to talented, driven, patriotic young people."
Obama did urge Congress to act, saying, "There is still time for Congress to pass the DREAM Act this year, because these kids deserve to plan their lives in more than two-year increments."

It has been a theme among Republicans and conservatives that before he penned DACA, Obama had said that he was bound by law to pursue deportations. The Speaker of the House John Boehner posted a list of 22 times when Obama said "he couldn’t ignore or create his own immigration law."
Indeed, Obama did tell a Univision audience Oct. 25, 2010, that "I'm president, I'm not king."
But he continued on to say, "If Congress has laws on the books that says that people who are here who are not documented have to be deported, then I can exercise some flexibility in terms of where we deploy our resources, to focus on people who are really causing problems as opposed to families who are just trying to work and support themselves.
In announcing DACA, Obama emphasized that it was a temporary policy. He did not issue an executive order. Rather, the policy was released by the Department of Homeland Security.
Later in his presidency, Obama expanded the approach of deferred action to families, and for various reasons, that was blocked by the courts. There is no question that his interpretation of his authority grew over time.

Translation - Because no one ever told him no, and the media covered his ass -
He decided that he would try that "king" thing after all.

^^^ irony at its finest ^^^

You may not know what "irony" means.

The constitution gives congress the power to grant naturalization, not the president.
The constitution also states the oresident has executive power to make sure laws are faithfully executed. Not defer them.

You are wrong on this point. The President is the head of the Justice Department, he absolutely has the authority to defer prosecution .

What's odd is all the lefties who love that Obama did exactly that on MULTIPLE occasions want Trump's head because his Attorney General has done so LOL

Most of them would have no idea what you are talking about.

Translation:
"Thank for allowing Mexico's trash to continuing stealing American citizenship's for their children...thank you for allowing good real Americans to continuing getting fucked."

This ladies and gentlemen, is how you got Trump shoved down your throat. Thank you for your ignorance and total disregard for the American citizenry.
The point was supposed to be about congress doing their fucking job.
They were supposed to make DACA law, but Trump using his authority decided to reverse Obama's unconstitutional EO....and Roberts pretty much thinks he can write laws from the bench.

Another loss for the blobbers.

View attachment 351799

As I always said, the court has a way of moderating itself
The way I read it is that the Supreme Court did not uphold DACA was legal they said that they way Trump got rid of DACA was not the correct procedure

CandyCorn isn't smart enough to differentiate between the two. Hopefully her sandwich making skills are on point.

Nice precedent.

This is what Obama said:

Yes, thats what he said. Thanks.
In 2011, he said, " with respect to the notion that i can just suspend deportations through EO, thats just not the case" guess what he did?
Also, a presidential memorandum and EO are used interchangably. Dont even know why they bothered pointing that out. Probably hacks.
According to Eder's post, everyone agrees with what you say. They know more about it than I do, that's for sure. I wish Congress would legislate on this. The courts have been forced to pretty much decide if a policy stays in place, when it is clearly Congress who needs to get off their wimpy butts and make a decision.

This will just be rewritten and another order will be sent this week
They will choose to side against Trump on the next one too. He needs to try though.

BTW, the 3 branches are SUPPOSED TO BE CO-EQUAL. Why are we allowing the SC this much power?

Supreme Court or no Supreme Court.

Those DACA recipients are not returning to their parents' homelands.

There is no way that most Americans of any political persuasion would want to see them dragged to waiting airplanes to take them to impoverished lands that they know nothing about. That would be cruelty beyond belief.

Like it or not, those 800,000 individuals are staying here.

And if Mr. Biden wins (which seems likely) and the Dems also take both Houses (which seems likely), the Dreamers' legal status will be finalized in their favor.

In short, the matter is settled.

Pretty much. There are a few issues that we really are never going to do anything about but yet politicians know they can divide people over these issues. Immigration, guns and abortion are probably the big three.

If you think this was a good decision, you truly are a fucking idiot.

Translation:
"Thank for allowing Mexico's trash to continuing stealing American citizenship's for their children...thank you for allowing good real Americans to continuing getting fucked."

This ladies and gentlemen, is how you got Trump shoved down your throat. Thank you for your ignorance and total disregard for the American citizenry.

Tissue is on sale at Costco. You could buy in bulk.

Don`t blame me. I voted for crooked Hillary but I don`t know how we can get Trump out of our nation. Your problem, not mine.

Forum List

Back