Billionaire Leonard Leo rejects Senate subpoena over supreme court gifts

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

He obviously has nothing to hide. Im not sure what the senate expect to get from him anyway. Or the other fellow. The hitler fan.

The issue is surely that judges can be bought. That is bad enough. But these people are unaccountable. They can do what they want and answer to nobody.

Their actions have stripped any semblance of legitimacy away from the court and it needs to be rethought in a non partisan way.

What evidence do you have that Justice Thomas was "bought"? I'd be hard pressed to think of a single ruling or vote that he made which was inconsistent with his political ideology or what we would expect from him since he first joined the court.

Some of the other justices, like those who voted for Gay Marriage or Legal Male on Male butt violation, even though they were supposed "conservative"- I might have my doubts as to whether they were paid off.

But Thomas? No way- most consistant justice on the court.

Democrats on the judiciary committee are concerned with rightwing dark money and its effects on a court stacked 6-3 in favour of conservatives since Donald Trump installed three justices in just four years in power.

They should have worried about this before nominating Hillary.

He obviously has nothing to hide. Im not sure what the senate expect to get from him anyway. Or the other fellow. The hitler fan.

The issue is surely that judges can be bought. That is bad enough. But these people are unaccountable. They can do what they want and answer to nobody.

Their actions have stripped any semblance of legitimacy away from the court and it needs to be rethought in a non partisan way.
sheldon whitehouse, a mere senator can not treat a sacred job creatoring billionaire with so little respect.

It's Harlan Crow who has bought and paid for Clarence Thomas.

Anywhere you find Republicans, you will find fraud and disregard for the law. Just look at the party leader for all the evidence you need.

Do you have any proof of that accusation at all?

Thomas has been consistent in his voting since day one. Any supposed bribes made by Crow- or anyone else- seem to have no effect on any of Thomas' votes at all.

Do you have any proof of that accusation at all?

Thomas has been consistent in his voting since day one. Any supposed bribes made by Crow- or anyone else- seem to have no effect on any of Thomas' votes at all.
There is a plethora of evidence, trips, a home Crow "rented" to Thomas, crusies on the yacht, cruises on the jet, all kinds of undue influence.

Oh yea, they are just "friends"... :laugh:

It's Harlan Crow who has bought and paid for Clarence Thomas.

Anywhere you find Republicans, you will find fraud and disregard for the law. Just look at the party leader for all the evidence you need.
It seems to me that it is in the interests of both sides to sort out this mess.
The situation that the GOP finds itself in now could be reversed in a few years.

It would be better if they could remove politics from the debate and appoint judges on ability.

That would take the patronage from politicians.

But corrupt judges should not make up their own laws.

Who does he think he is, Hunter Biden?

It seems to me that it is in the interests of both sides to sort out this mess.
The situation that the GOP finds itself in now could be reversed in a few years.

It would be better if they could remove politics from the debate and appoint judges on ability.

That would take the patronage from politicians.

But corrupt judges should not make up their own laws.
We have two really bad ones on the Supreme Court, two guys who are not worried about the law, only how to shape it so that it benefits the Republican Party.

Alito and Thomas are mere puppets of the party. Take a look at the wife of Clarence Thomas, Ginny.

Extreme Trumper.

We have two really bad ones on the Supreme Court, two guys who are not worried about the law, only how to shape it so that it benefits the Republican Party.

Alito and Thomas are mere puppets of the party. Take a look at the wife of Clarence Thomas, Ginny.

Extreme Trumper.
Yup. She is unhinged.

There is a plethora of evidence, trips, a home Crow "rented" to Thomas, crusies on the yacht, cruises on the jet, all kinds of undue influence.

Oh yea, they are just "friends"... :laugh:

What did Harlan Crow get for these gifts he made to Thomas?

Not a damned thing I can see. All of Thomas' votes have been 100% consistent with his own ideology.

Take a look at the wife of Clarence Thomas, Ginny.

Extreme Trumper.

So what? Ginny Thomas isn't on the Supreme Court and is not a public official at all.

If President Trump decides to appoint the dame, you can present information then that she is "unhinged".

BTW, the first lady during the Lincoln Administration, Mary Todd Lincoln was a bit of a nut, as well as Eleanor Roosevelt, who was alleged to have been a lesbian.

The psychiatric problems of these broads no way disqualified their spouses from office.

Great question.

I hope there is an investigstion underway.

i think you have to tell us what he got first, before an investigation is warranted. There is no reason to think that he got anything.

BTW, Thomas is probably going to retire soon anyhow, particularly if Trump is elected in November. So , relax, he'll be gone soon enough.

i think you have to tell us what he got first, before an investigation is warranted.
Undue influence doesn't warrant an investigation? You need proof of a crime, or is the purpose of investigation to determine if any such proof exists?

Soon someone will tell me there is nothing "illegal" here, because there are no laws on whether or not the Supremes can take free trips and vacations from billionaires. As a matter of fact, I don't think it is illegal. How convenient, huh?

You need a hug Tommy? 😁

Undue influence doesn't warrant an investigation? You need proof of a crime, or is the purpose of investigation to determine if any such proof exists?

Soon someone will tell me there is nothing "illegal" here, because there are no laws on whether or not the Supremes can take free trips and vacations from billionaires. As a matter of fact, I don't think it is illegal. How convenient, huh?

There is nothing illegal about the Far Left justices getting gifts from their liberal friends either.

If the Republicans in the House were to investigate Kangan's relations with Far Left groups like ACLU or NAMBLA, just fishing, would you think that was proper?

Forum List

Back