Crystal ball model predictors of doom!

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Just out of curiosity, which crystal ball predictors of doom are more accurate from the scientific "experts"?

The Covid model that said 2.2 million Americans would die, or the global warming model that said we only have 10 more years to live 10 years ago that now has turned into another 12 years that should kill trillions?

Which should we fear more?

I don't know about you, but I now scream every time I even see my own shadow. After all, my shadow has no social distancing manners whatsoever!

I do not know, maybe you open up your skin and shine ultraviolet light onyour inards and you will find out. Or maybe you should start injecting your self with cleaners to mitigate the effects.LOL

Just out of curiosity, which crystal ball predictors of doom are more accurate from the scientific "experts"?

The Covid model that said 2.2 million Americans would die, or the global warming model that said we only have 10 more years to live 10 years ago that now has turned into another 12 years that should kill trillions?

I don't know about you, but I now scream every time I even see my own shadow. After all, my shadow has no social distancing manners whatsoever!

The 2.2 million model was if we didn't take any measures such as social distancing to reduce the threat. If you have a point to make at least try to be honest.

The updated model says 60k, we're only 10k away. A week maybe?

Democrats are incredible people. They whine incessantly about what Trump said, but find no fault at all in the astronomically incorrect predictions, information, and course of actions suggested by the "experts".

They need more hardship to understand that actions speak louder than words.

The 2.2 million model was if we didn't take any measures such as social distancing to reduce the threat. If you have a point to make at least try to be honest.

The expectation sure wasn't 60K, that was the lowest of low of an astronomical range.

It's as if I predicted that the winning lottery ticket will contain any of the numbers except one, and at the end that number still appears, then I go on to claim that well, at least I got some numbers correct. What an achievement.

History shows that the reactions are often worse than the predictions. Like now.

The expectation sure wasn't 60K, that was the lowest of low of an astronomical range.

It's as if I predicted that the winning lottery ticket will contain any of the numbers except one, and at the end that number still appears, then I go on to claim that well, at least I got some numbers correct. What an achievement.

2.2 million wasn't either with mitigation efforts so why did you use that number?

The prediction most talked about was 100-240k by August (didn't account for any numbers after that date). and then revised down further to 60k. It would appear that states like California, specifically the Bay Area who took this seriously from the get go and were the first in the nation to put into action stay at home orders drastically improved. The Bay Area with it's millions of residents was to be an early hot spot but since they took action that didn't happen and are below the national average.

1587738934955.png

So, now the latest models are predicting 60k. Since we hit 50k today it would appear that we are going to pass 60k in 5-7 days. Do we hit 100k? It's very much still popular if we're getting daily deaths in the range of 1,500 - 2,500 per day.

2.2 million wasn't either with mitigation efforts so why did you use that number?

The prediction most talked about was 100-240k by August (didn't account for any numbers after that date). and then revised down further to 60k. It would appear that states like California, specifically the Bay Area who took this seriously from the get go and were the first in the nation to put into action stay at home orders drastically improved. The Bay Area with it's millions of residents was to be an early hot spot but since they took action that didn't happen and are below the national average.

View attachment 327304

View attachment 327304

So, now the latest models are predicting 60k. Since we hit 50k today it would appear that we are going to pass 60k in 5-7 days. Do we hit 100k? It's very much still popular if we're getting daily deaths in the range of 1,500 - 2,500 per day.

Revised?

Even they admit the model was wrong.

View attachment 327304

View attachment 327304

Revised?

Even they admit the model was wrong.

You're splitting hairs. Of course prediction models are going to be updated as more information comes along. The prediction that was wrong is when Trump claimed we had 15 cases and soon would be zero, how off was that guy?

Anyway, it would appear the 60k is also "wrong" as we're going to overshoot that number in a week.

I do not know, maybe you open up your skin and shine ultraviolet light onyour inards and you will find out. Or maybe you should start injecting your self with cleaners to mitigate the effects.LOL
I implore you to take the Tide Pod challenge, that is, if you insist on trusting "leaders" that run things.

I

Oh sure, 2.2 million if we pretend the virus does not really exist.

Thanks for such a model scientists.

LOL

I implore you to take the Tide Pod challenge, that is, if you insist on trusting "leaders" that run things.

I

LOL

No, 2.2 million if we didn't install any mitigation measures. Not sure why you need to make shit up but I guess you do.

History shows that the reactions are often worse than the predictions. Like now.

The prediction is currently at around 60k, we're going to overshoot that.

I

LOL
leaders? Tide pod challenge? What leader told ya to do that?your hillarious. great come back!lol

We know how much energy we're consuming and we know how fast the usage is accelerating ... therefore we know how many new power plants we have to be building to supply our future energy needs ... the crystal ball tells us the fossil fuels will not last that long and we'll need another source of energy ... solar/wind/hydro has limitations so we're going to have to be building nuclear power plants ...

... and we needed to start twenty years ago ...

Thus, we'll have a period of time where we won't have enough energy ... rolling blackouts will be the norm for everyone ... and we'll be building our nuclear power plants as fast as possible throwing away caution and safety ... the crystal ball shows us having a huge number of unsafe and dangerous nuclear reactors melting down on a weekly basis pouring radionuclides into the environment ... 99% of all babies across all species will be mutant monsters unable to survive ...

=====

... or just one big CME ... but you said we had to use a crystal ball ...

We know how much energy we're consuming and we know how fast the usage is accelerating ... therefore we know how many new power plants we have to be building to supply our future energy needs ... the crystal ball tells us the fossil fuels will not last that long and we'll need another source of energy ... solar/wind/hydro has limitations so we're going to have to be building nuclear power plants ...

... and we needed to start twenty years ago ...

Thus, we'll have a period of time where we won't have enough energy ... rolling blackouts will be the norm for everyone ... and we'll be building our nuclear power plants as fast as possible throwing away caution and safety ... the crystal ball shows us having a huge number of unsafe and dangerous nuclear reactors melting down on a weekly basis pouring radionuclides into the environment ... 99% of all babies across all species will be mutant monsters unable to survive ...

=====

... or just one big CME ... but you said we had to use a crystal ball ...
Oh thank God, someone with a crystal ball.

Never mind all that, just give me the Lotto numbers and if the girl I'm dating right now is the one.

I swear I'm good pay, just PM me.

Oh thank God, someone with a crystal ball.
Never mind all that, just give me the Lotto numbers and if the girl I'm dating right now is the one.
I swear I'm good pay, just PM me.

This crystal ball I have is a factory second ... it only predicts doom and gloom ... details are still fuzzy, but someone's getting nailed by a hurricane this fall, and nailed bad ... I have one set of losing numbers for the lotto: 3, 17, 19, 26, 30, 34 ... so any of the other trillions of sets would be better for you ...

Nothing on the girl, whether she's the one or not, she'll be fine if you try ... it shows one of your kids with the entire alphabet of mental health diagnoses ... and the local school district is raking you over the coals ... the bad news is all the extra funding is going to the football team ...

DO NOT under any circumstances start smoking cigarettes ... just a heads up ...

We went from 2.2 million to fifty thousand because of social distancing? Now THAT is some funny shit! Admit it already...they tried to scare the shit out of everybody with predictions that were laughably bad!

We went from 2.2 million to fifty thousand because of social distancing? Now THAT is some funny shit! Admit it already...they tried to scare the shit out of everybody with predictions that were laughably bad!

2.2 million was predicted on if we did nothing. We were never going to do nothing. However, Social distancing is the ONLY thing we have right now that works and has probably saved the San Francisco Bay Area from being a hot spot, it's not as they have flattened their curve. Considering how soon they were hit and their population probably saved thousands of lives alone.

We're also going to surpass 60k.

Forum List

Back