Could America defeat an American guerrilla war?

The US military will not engage in combat with Americans.

You're going to have to pick up a rifle. Can you do it?
As soon as one of your guerrillas kills one of their buddies, they will be on you like Stink on an Ape

I didn’t see anyone defending them from the local police or military
You will not get a better reception
At CHOP they were defended and insulated for what 8 weeks? We had riots all Summer long. If it happens again and the military is deployed, your Fascist friends will be feeling the brunt of it.

You seriously believe the Marines or the US Army is going to join in an insurrection?

None of the officers would.

Maybe a few of the enlisted.

During the Civil War, some soldiers went to the Confederate side, but the US Army didn't dissolve.

I doubt any modern generals would join a new rebel cause.
Most of the Army's best general officers went over to the Confederacy. That's why the war lasted so long. In this case, most of the Officers would fight for the people rather than the government and almost all of the enlisted troops would. Their oath is to the CONSTITUTION, not the government. The Army and Marines are conservative organizations. Much of the flag grade officers would stand with the government because they are political animals. But Colonels and below would almost exclusively support the people.

Most of the Army's best general officers went over to the Confederacy. That's why the war lasted so long. In this case, most of the Officers would fight for the people rather than the government and almost all of the enlisted troops would. Their oath is to the CONSTITUTION, not the government. The Army and Marines are conservative organizations. Much of the flag grade officers would stand with the government because they are political animals. But Colonels and below would almost exclusively support the people.

No modern general is going to back trump.

No modern general is tied to their state like Jackson and Lee were.

Back during the Civil War, your state, Virginia, Kentucy was more your nation than the United States was.

Today, that's not the case.

Irish War of Independence - This was a guerrilla war. No direct confrontation, just quickly engage, do what damage you can and withdraw.

Basically, if a rebel was spotted and ran for it, he could run into any nearby house, and civilians would take him in and hide him. Enormous support from the local population.

And since the British weren't going to massacre whole villages in retaliation, it worked well.

Vietnam War -- Massive support from the Soviets and Chinese. The terrain, jungles and mountains, neutralized the superiority of American firepower. Soviets supplied ground to air missiles to counter American air superiority.

Americans wanted to win the locals over to the American side, so they were gentile with the locals.

Afghanistan -- Mountainous, rugged, terrain that neutralized a lot of American firepower. Enormous support from the local civilians.

Americans wanted to win the locals over to the American side, so they were gentile with the locals.

Columbia -- The FARC waged a guerilla war for decades. The jungle protected them, and they made massive amounts of cash off of cocaine. They probably had a lot of local support too.

So, American guerillas waging war against America.

At most half the population would support the guerillas. The other half would be recording the guerillas every move on their smartphones and uploading it to the FBI.

Some terrain in America would be very good for waging guerilla warfare. We have mountain ranges, forest and swamps that would stop a lot of American fire power.

But we also have a lot of open areas like the whole Great Plains which would be perfect for armored vehicles and other modern military devices.

Could these American guerillas arm themselves with modern weapons? I don't think there's a country on earth that would want to cross America by importing weapons and ammo, to American rebels.

So, I don't think a guerilla war in America would stand much of a chance.

You are aware that only 3% of Americans were for fighting for our independence right?
So it's unlikely that they'd by chance find a home that would protect them.

Leftists always operate under the mistaken belief that the military would blindly follow orders to fire on their fellow Americans.

Some would, certainly. But the majority would shoot their officers and join the Americans fighting for freedom.

Meanwhile, the left, armed only with cell phone cameras, think they will win such a war.

They don't realize anyone filming the battles would be shot.

Never bring a cell phone to a gun fight, lefties.

Exactly...
Soldiers would not fire on citizens who are their family and friends.

American Guerrilla warriors will not be kind. They see someone with a phone, they'll kill them. No mercy. Masks will be worn (about the only time you can mask a republican) and identifying marks will be hidden or removed. The Russian tactic of giving up land to mass forces can be used on the great plains.

You give up the great plains, but move your operations to Appalachia, a very strong guerrilla hot spot. Lots of support for guerrillas will be found there. Tanks cannot fight there. Planes can bomb things, but like Afghanistan, how much would it actually work?

One thing about the Civil War in 1861, is that a lot of soldiers in the federal army resigned and joined the Confederacy. Robert. E. Lee resigned to join Virginia. I believe a lot of military members who lean right in any way, will gladly resign to join the rebel cause. They might bring tanks, weapons, etc. Of course any successful attack achieved by a guerrilla group, weapons will be captured.

Cities will be held hostage, as most of the people in the cities will be liberal, and considered the enemy. Rebels could cut off roads, or booby trap them so that nothing gets in, and nothing gets out. Mass hysteria and panic will set in, and federal soldiers will have to be sent in somehow to quell it. Couple that with the average rural persons ability to learn the land and survive, and you have an outdated, but still capable fighting force.

You are aware that only 3% of Americans were for fighting for our independence right?
So it's unlikely that they'd by chance find a home that would protect them.
Basically, the country was split 20% patriot, 20% Tory and 60% "a pox on both your houses, go away and leave me alone"

Interesting scenario.

Let me point out one flaw.

It's a struggle between the rural and the urban.

Most states have a mixture of rural and urban. You can't divide it up.

Austin is left wing a.f. and Austin is in Texas.

Do you actually think the urbans would be able to win against the rural areas?
You should probably rethink that. Where does your food come from? Not to mention you sit on an island surrounded by the very people who provide gas and other products the urban areas rely on for their very existence.
For an example....just look at our supply chain right now. Imagine how bad it would get if the rural areas were actively trying to fuck up those supply lines?

That's a myth.
I believe the actual percentage of combat troops was low, but not that low, although I'm sure that at times it was even lower than that. At Valley Forge for example. When you are cold, starving and see no end to it, deciding to chuck the whole thing and go home would be an easy decision. I suspect that most of the troops that stayed at Valley Forge had nowhere to go.

I believe the actual percentage of combat troops was low, but not that low, although I'm sure that at times it was even lower than that. At Valley Forge for example. When you are cold, starving and see no end to it, deciding to chuck the whole thing and go home would be an easy decision. I suspect that most of the troops that stayed at Valley Forge had nowhere to go.

Yeah, it's like mom said, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't."

It was at least 15% and some say as high as 25% and that doesn't count people who supplied food and clothes, etc.

Forum List

Back