"Here I am not a negro but a human being for the first time in my life."

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Here is a man who was lionised wherever he went in the world but could not live freely in his own country. He sang in my home town once and people queued for days in order to see him. I love this picture.

RIP Comrade.

1643041969463.png

Here is a man who was lionised wherever he went in the world but could not live freely in his own country. He sang in my home town once and people queued for days in order to see him. I love this picture.

RIP Comrade.

View attachment 592175
Why are all the black folk trying to immigrate to the US then?

Makes no sense.

Are black people stupid?

The Russians were treated like shit by the soviets. Of course he identified with them. They had a struggle.

Nice to see you faking care for your fellow man to get attention.
I like the picture of the all black Russian society, as if that was superior to what is in the US.

Paul_Robeson

Interesting guy. He was lionized IN THE U.S. for decades despite being less than human (according to Tommy), UNTIL he became a Communist, whereupon he was treated pretty much the same as other openly Communist people in the entertainment industry. Ever heard of the McCarthy hearings? Being a knee-grow had little to do with his treatment.

In 1934 he was still kicking ass. Were he a native of Pittsburgh, we would have called him a Jag Off for the quoted remark.

Just sayin'.

RIP Comrade.

View attachment 592175
Did he know about Stalin butchering millions with such dignity

Complete Thread Fail!!!!

If he had touched that old dear in the US the other white guys would have strung him up whilst the police looked the other way.
Tell me which society was most free ?
This picture was taken in 1934. The year after the famine in Ukraine, the Volga basin and Kuban took more than 3 million lives, and three years before the 'great purge' when tens of thousands of people were killed or sent to Siberia for doing nothing wrong.

You bet on the wrong horse, man.

RIP Comrade.

View attachment 592175
except thousands of black haitians had rather live under a bridge in the usa rather than england or russia

Here is a man who was lionised wherever he went in the world but could not live freely in his own country.
A serious response.

1. Yes, Mr. R. was understandably touched by the fact that he was treated just like any other human being.

2. With all due respect (I am NOT being sarcastic), if that place in the Soviet Union had had a lot of people of his ethnicity living there, he would probably not have been so warmly received.

3. It was Abraham Lincoln who (before he was elected President) gently and calmly opined that Caucasian people and African American people would be happier if they lived separate lives.

a. I do NOT know whether he was right. But he may have been.

Forum List

Back