Could America defeat an American guerrilla war?

Terrorists attack Oklahoma City and our Capitol

Sorry, but the military wont support you
I do not need their support. I am non violent unlike you. OKC was how many years ago and no one attacked the Capitol. But cities, stores, cars, were burning all summer long. Leftists are the enemies. You are the enemy. Aren’t you ashamed?

Better to ask if America could WIN a guerilla war ---------- I sure know what side I'd be on!! And it's not the Left commie side.

You'd be fighting the US Army, Airforce and Marines.

Remember them?
Remind me again, how many are there in the military? Less than 2% of the total population, while you also assume none of them would back the rebels. You left out the Navy, they compromise a good number of folks, but have limited use once the coasts are secured. Our military can protect the country from outside invasion, they cannot stop an internal large scale insurrection.

Irish War of Independence - This was a guerrilla war. No direct confrontation, just quickly engage, do what damage you can and withdraw.

Basically, if a rebel was spotted and ran for it, he could run into any nearby house, and civilians would take him in and hide him. Enormous support from the local population.

And since the British weren't going to massacre whole villages in retaliation, it worked well.

Vietnam War -- Massive support from the Soviets and Chinese. The terrain, jungles and mountains, neutralized the superiority of American firepower. Soviets supplied ground to air missiles to counter American air superiority.

Americans wanted to win the locals over to the American side, so they were gentile with the locals.

Afghanistan -- Mountainous, rugged, terrain that neutralized a lot of American firepower. Enormous support from the local civilians.

Americans wanted to win the locals over to the American side, so they were gentile with the locals.

Columbia -- The FARC waged a guerilla war for decades. The jungle protected them, and they made massive amounts of cash off of cocaine. They probably had a lot of local support too.

So, American guerillas waging war against America.

At most half the population would support the guerillas. The other half would be recording the guerillas every move on their smartphones and uploading it to the FBI.

Some terrain in America would be very good for waging guerilla warfare. We have mountain ranges, forest and swamps that would stop a lot of American fire power.

But we also have a lot of open areas like the whole Great Plains which would be perfect for armored vehicles and other modern military devices.

Could these American guerillas arm themselves with modern weapons? I don't think there's a country on earth that would want to cross America by importing weapons and ammo, to American rebels.

So, I don't think a guerilla war in America would stand much of a chance.

If there was a real Left V Right Civil War I suspect a great number in the military would side with the Right.

Remind me again, how many are there in the military? Less than 2% of the total population, while you also assume none of them would back the rebels. You left out the Navy, they compromise a good number of folks, but have limited use once the coasts are secured. Our military can protect the country from outside invasion, they cannot stop an internal large scale insurrection.
Once the military fractures any defense the left thinks it could mount is done. They would have to rely on foreign fighters.

That's an opium pipe dream.

It would be just like the Jan 6th Riots all over again, but the US Army, Airforce and Marines would show up to put down the rioters.

You are confused Moon Bat.

The military is made of more than just the queers, transsexual and affirmative action dumbass Negroes that you idiot Moon Bats think it is made of.

Most of the competent members of the military are Conservative patriotic White boys from the South and Midwest. They would side with fellow Patriots if the filthy ass Left wanted to go to war over destroying our country and the Constitution.

If anybody is delusion it is you.

Republicans attempted to overthrow our Democracy on Jan 6

If they try to overthrow our Government again, our military will crush them

Republicans attempted to overthrow our Democracy on Jan 6

If they try to overthrow our Government again, our military will crush them
It's funny you folks get your knickers in a knot over that little tiff. You folks have been wetting yourselves for over a year because a few people got mad. You might see real insurrection if your Boy Blunder doesn't get his shit together.

Irish War of Independence - This was a guerrilla war. No direct confrontation, just quickly engage, do what damage you can and withdraw.

Basically, if a rebel was spotted and ran for it, he could run into any nearby house, and civilians would take him in and hide him. Enormous support from the local population.

And since the British weren't going to massacre whole villages in retaliation, it worked well.

Vietnam War -- Massive support from the Soviets and Chinese. The terrain, jungles and mountains, neutralized the superiority of American firepower. Soviets supplied ground to air missiles to counter American air superiority.

Afghanistan -- Mountainous, rugged, terrain that neutralized a lot of American firepower. Enormous support from the local civilians.

Columbia -- The FARC waged a guerilla war for decades. The jungle protected them, and they made massive amounts of cash off of cocaine. They probably had a lot of local support too.

So, American guerillas waging war against America.

At most half the population would support the guerillas. The other half would be recording the guerillas every move on their smartphones and uploading it to the FBI.

Some terrain in America would be very good for waging guerilla warfare. We have mountain ranges, forest and swamps that would stop a lot of American fire power.

But we also have a lot of open areas like the whole Great Plains which would be perfect for armored vehicles and other modern military devices.

Could these American guerillas arm themselves with modern weapons? I don't think there's a country on earth that would want to cross America by importing weapons and ammo, to American rebels.

So, I don't think a guerilla war in America would stand much of a chance.
^ CCP shill #1

America lacks the backbone
They are fat and lazy and complacent

Civil War/ Guerilla warfare takes a willingness to give all up for the cause. Americans don’t want to give up their smartphones, video games and cable TV
^ CCP shill #2, probably shares a cubicle with CCP shill #1

You seriously believe the Marines or the US Army is going to join in an insurrection?

None of the officers would.

Maybe a few of the enlisted.

During the Civil War, some soldiers went to the Confederate side, but the US Army didn't dissolve.

I doubt any modern generals would join a new rebel cause.
Milley & Austin would be on their own, begging Xi to rescue them

Forum List

Back