Could all Religions Come Together?

That's why I said millions of years or perhaps billions of years from now.

At present, humanity is not ready to accept the spiritual concept that I was mentioning previously.
They will when Christ Returns. Until then, NEVER.

Did you know, the Bible says about the Return, If any nation will not go up (to Jerusalem) and observe the Feast of Tabernacles, God will WITHOLD RAIN from that nation UNTIL THEY DO.

The observance of the Holy Days (not Halloween, Easter, Christmas, is so important to God that He will withhold rain until they do.

How many Christians observe the Feast of Tabernacles, or ANY of GOD'S Annual HOLY Days? How many Muslims? Hindus?

The unity starts when Christ Returns, and Satan is restrained

Here's the passage I was referring to

Then the survivors(AO) from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship(AP) the King,(AQ) the Lord Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.(AR) 17 If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship(AS) the King, the Lord Almighty, they will have no rain.(AT) 18 If the Egyptian people do not go up and take part, they will have no rain. The Lord[b] will bring on them the plague(AU) he inflicts on the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.(AV) 19 This will be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.(AW)

Very few people have read the "OT" the "NT" or the
Kharahan.

really, such delirium and so, what ... without their books would non exist - at least the crony's that made them up and the criminals that slap their backs to write their fallacious fables.

the spoken versions are the true reflections not quite as tainted as their scripts. there in lies the heart of the matter. the delirious - win the day.

Late to the party, but...

In order to "come together" it would first be necessary for each religious tradition to designate a representative - problematic indeed.

Theology or its equivalent must be abandoned. There are beliefs that are mutually exclusive. But it could be possible to agree on a code of morals and/or ethics. Obviously, the People of the Book would choose the Ten Commandments, starting with - according to your count - the fifth, and with a few adjustments, as a good starting point.

Honor your father and your mother,

You shall not murder (or harm others),

You shall not commit adultery,

You shall not steal,

You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor, and

You shall not covet your neighbor’s [stuff].

With appropriate expansion, those cover just about everything that should be avoided, and that would be a great place to start.

By analogy, consider the Uniform Commercial Code. It is not a national law in the U.S. - Congress has no power to do that - but EVERY state has adopted the UCC, with a few minor exceptions. Every religion could adopt this code of ethics.

Sadly, some people on this thread leave Jesus completely out of the equation. (Which is almost laughable, if it wasn't so sad.)
Some people on this thread belong to religions that see Jesus as nothing more than a Jewish carpenter who lived and died 2000 years ago. That you think that is ”so sad” speaks to your contempt or pity for those of us who don’t follow your religion, and exemplifies why we can’t pray together.

I, for one, don’t want to pray next to some woman who thinks Gd is going to damn me to hell unless I submit to HER religion.

Some people on this thread belong to religions that see Jesus as nothing more than a Jewish carpenter who lived and died 2000 years ago. That you think that is ”so sad” speaks to your contempt or pity for those of us who don’t follow your religion, and exemplifies why we can’t pray together.

I, for one, don’t want to pray next to some woman who thinks Gd is going to damn me to hell unless I submit to HER religion.

I didn't say it, but what I was talking about were Christians or people who identify as Christian. I wouldn't expect you or others from other religions to look to Jesus when answering this question.

I didn't say it, but what I was talking about were Christians or people who identify as Christian. I wouldn't expect you or others from other religions to look to Jesus when answering this question.
Thank you. I appreciate that.

no matter, Lisa. You have been consigned to
NON PERSON

Speak for yourself. You definitely don't speak for me.
oh---sorry----the manner in which you expressed
youself is vague. YOU SEEMED to have stated that
discounting the person known as Jesus renders
a person ....uhm....inconsequential in a discussion of
religion

Sadly, some people on this thread leave Jesus completely out of the equation. (Which is almost laughable, if it wasn't so sad.)

and sadly, no one stood in the way of their crucifixion, either - to die forsaken.

and worse mischaracterized in the 4th century c-bible as a messiah for a religion of servitude - than the liberation theology, self determination they died for.

and sadly, no one stood in the way of their crucifixion, either - to die forsaken.

and worse mischaracterized in the 4th century c-bible as a messiah for a religion of servitude - than the liberation theology, self determination they died for.
who was SUPPOSED to stand against the
thousands of crucifixions enacted by Rome
and Pontius Pilate?? The Romans were ALL FOR
IT. The "followers of the Jesus cult---if such a
cult already existed at that time, were HELPLESS
against the Roman Empire

Forum List

Back