Colorado baker told to bake that cake

A transgender walks into a Ford dealership and says “I want to order a Corvette to celebrate my transition” and the Owner of the dealership says, I can’t sell that to you as we do not offer Chevrolet products.

Timmy thinks the dealer should have to go to jail!

which was to be pink with blue frosting

He was asked to make a cake. The guy makes cakes.

All this demand for cakes for FAGAts one would think liberals would be opening shops everywhere to fill the demand.
Pun intended.

Theres more than one bakery in town. Google shows over 21 bakeries in the area, and that isn't including the ones inside grocery stores. They had a WIDE ASSORTMENT of places to go to.

The thing about American businesses that operate in the public sector is that they do so under the rubric of public supported...taxpayer.....physical infrastructure, banking regulations, health and food regulations, policing, and myriad other 'public governance' realities.

As such, they are subject to the prevailing desire of that societal-fabric to adhere to the society's mandates......ala'.....no discrimination for color, religion, sexual orientation, and probably some other stuff.

In short, if you want to operate a business in the United States and enjoy and profit from all the "infrastructure" mechanisms that foster that, well......pay unto Caesar that which is Caesar's.

Meaning, you benefit, therefore you have a duty.

Except when the business does not offer certain products as a part of their business.

As explained before, this baker has never offered same sex wedding cakes regardless of the sexual makeup of the couple.

The couple could both be homosexual, bisexuals or heterosexual. As long as he refuses all, he breaks no law.

Now, at the same time, if a gay man and a lesbian are getting married to each other, he would be obliged to make the cake as he has, in the past done so.

This is really quite easy to understand

which was to be pink with blue frosting

He was asked to make a cake. The guy makes cakes.

Not all kinds though. He has a history of making birthday cakes, so if he refused based on making a cake for the biological birthday, then I believe he should make the cake. But if the customer said it was for a fictitious birthday, I see no reason to force the issue as it is not for an actual birthday.

Not all kinds though. He has a history of making birthday cakes, so if he refused based on making a cake for the biological birthday, then I believe he should make the cake. But if the customer said it was for a fictitious birthday, I see no reason to force the issue as it is not for an actual birthday.

Customer: I'd like a birthday cake.

Baker: I need to see your birth certificate first.

Except when the business does not offer certain products as a part of their business. ...... this baker has never offered same sex wedding cakes regardless of the sexual makeup of the couple.
----------------------------------------------------------
"Same sex wedding cakes'??

I kinda sort think that is a distinction without a difference.
The cake doesn't have a gender or a preference.
It's just sugar, flour, eggs, and water.

Nor do the figurines on top have sex organs or biology.
They are painted plastic made to look like something other than petroleum byproduct.

This is much ado over nothing.
Sure, in the grand scheme of things.......to the couple, go find another damn baker. Get a life.
But, also in the grand scheme of things......to the baker, whatdahell is the big friggin' deal? It is just plastic figurines that you buy by the gross.....mix or matching ain't gonna feed you to the fires of hell. Gods don't give a good goddam about cakes. Get a life.

A tempest in a teapot. Or cake tin.

His defence is the ridiculous religous freedom one that he used to deny a gay couple a cake a few yesrs ago. What does the bible say about trannys ?

It seems that a common link in these bigot cases is well funded extremist laawyers. These bigots never refuse cakes for adulterers or criminals or people who eat shellfish.

They make me sick to my stomach.
The right’s bigotry and hate is both reprehensible and ridiculous.

----------------------------------------------------------
"Same sex wedding cakes'??

I kinda sort think that is a distinction without a difference.
The cake doesn't have a gender or a preference.
It's just sugar, flour, eggs, and water.

Nor do the figurines on top have sex organs or biology.
They are painted plastic made to look like something other than petroleum byproduct.

This is much ado over nothing.
Sure, in the grand scheme of things.......to the couple, go find another damn baker. Get a life.
But, also in the grand scheme of things......to the baker, whatdahell is the big friggin' deal? It is just plastic figurines that you buy by the gross.....mix or matching ain't gonna feed you to the fires of hell. Gods don't give a good goddam about cakes. Get a life.

A tempest in a teapot. Or cake tin.

Ranting gets us no where. It is not discriminatory to not offer a product. And this baker does not offer such, regardless of sexuality.

"Colorado is a fucking shithole. He should move somewhere sane where the laws don’t bend over backwards to appease these lunatics."

Well, reasonable men (and women) may differ from the good poster PlusSix quoted above.
For one thing one man's sh*thole......often ain't....to another man.

In fact, arguments can be put forth that in many cases those who are unhappy in, say, State or City X.....are unhappy because they haven't found a way to be successful for themselves and/or their family.

I say that because of this data-point that is easily acquired:

"Colorado’s population grew at twice the national rate between 2010 and 2020."

Which argues that other people are successful in Colorado.....or believe they will be.

Well, reasonable men (and women) may differ from the good poster PlusSix quoted above.
For one thing one man's sh*thole......often ain't....to another man.

In fact, arguments can be put forth that in many cases those who are unhappy in, say, State or City X.....are unhappy because they haven't found a way to be successful for themselves and/or their family.

I say that because of this data-point that is easily acquired:

"Colorado’s population grew at twice the national rate between 2010 and 2020."

Which argues that other people are successful in Colorado.....or believe they will be.
Which should mean there should be many many bakers that would provide a product that this one simply does not offer.

He was asked to make a cake. He makes cakes.

I doubt that he historically has provided cakes for any number of occasions.

It’s really not that hard.

I doubt if he ever made cakes to celebrate an incestuous relationship or an adulterous affair.

Should he be forced too?

Forum List

Back