Colorado baker told to bake that cake

From what I read here, the person wanted a simple pink/blue cake.

A custom cake is exactly that ... You can charge whatever you want for it ... And use whatever ingredients you desire.
You don't even have to go overboard and spit in the cake or make people sick ... Sardines and jalapenos will work.
Donate the exorbitant amount of money you charge them to the church of your choice ...
And claim a tax deduction because the government made you do it.

If people want to hate ... And show no respect for each other ... You don't have to be gay for them to do it.
You don't even have to break the law ... To throw it back in their face.

A custom cake is exactly that ... You can charge whatever you want for it ... And use whatever ingredients you desire.
You don't even have to go overboard and spit in the cake or make people sick ... Sardines and jalapenos will work.
Donate the exorbitant amount of money you charge them to the church of your choice ...
And claim a tax deduction because the government made you do it.

If people want to hate ... And show no respect for each other ... You don't have to be gay for them to do it.
You don't even have to break the law ... To throw it back in their face.

He makes cakes to order. A pink cake with blue frosting is hardly a custom cake but the complaint wasn't that he wanted too much, it was that he wouldn't do it at all.

He makes cakes to order. A pink cake with blue frosting is hardly a custom cake but the complaint wasn't that he wanted too much, it was that he wouldn't do it at all.

Yeah well ... He could have done things differently is all I was saying ... Instead, he played the "game".

----------------------------------------------------------

This is much ado over nothing.
Sure, in the grand scheme of things.......to the couple, go find another damn baker. Get a life.

You don't really seem to get it.

The idea is generate a "no" response from the baker so the homosexuals can FORCE them to comply or else. That's how the couple gets off.

If they went to a Walmart bakery, and the associate said "sure, no problem", the gays would just say"thanks but no thanks" and try to find someone that would be freaked out by the request and could be forced to bend a knee to them.

I never gave a dumb analogy. Does Colorado have price controls in place?

If so, please link to them.
Price controls? Never mind.

Your mighty selective Joe. This baker can, and does have the right to sell certain products, and not others. And there certainly is precedent for it.

I agree. He has a right to not sell meat products because he's not set up for that.
He does not have a right to refuse to sell something he can make because he doesn't like the customer's lifestyle. He was perfectly willing to sell a pink cake with blue frosting until the customer told him it was for a transition party.

If the tranny goes into the motel and insists on having a sauna in room, but the motel has no such rooms then the comparison would be the same.

The product is simply not available

Which wasn't the issue here. He had all the ingredients to make a pink cake with blue frosting. (It's just standard ingredients and food dye.)

His defence is the ridiculous religous freedom one that he used to deny a gay couple a cake a few yesrs ago. What does the bible say about trannys ?

It seems that a common link in these bigot cases is well funded extremist laawyers. These bigots never refuse cakes for adulterers or criminals or people who eat shellfish.

They make me sick to my stomach.
Shoulda made it "extra special" and got Peter North to "sign it" in "frosting".

His defence is the ridiculous religous freedom one that he used to deny a gay couple a cake a few yesrs ago. What does the bible say about trannys ?

It seems that a common link in these bigot cases is well funded extremist laawyers. These bigots never refuse cakes for adulterers or criminals or people who eat shellfish.

I admit, you had me for a second, right up to the shellfish bullshit.

Tammy, you're a loser but your post was very thought provoking.

Theres more than one bakery in town. Google shows over 21 bakeries in the area, and that isn't including the ones inside grocery stores. They had a WIDE ASSORTMENT of places to go to.

The wackjobs probably searched very hard for a baker who would turn them down, just so they could harass the baker.

They do that.

The are unhinged in the first place, so it's not so surprising that they'd bust their asses to find someone to harass.

Well, if he is Finnish, he may have hit his head on the ice when he fell at the figure skating championships. Shouldn't have let him go to sleep with a concussion. Better to keep him up front so you can share your car picnic with him and keep him awake and talking.
Im sure that he will know for next time.

Just another assault on religious belief.

If it's against the law then he will have a consequence.

Forum List

Back