Baker who won SCOTUS suit being sued for refusing to bake a “Trans” Cake

You can’t make this shit up. The left are targeting this man for his religious beliefs.
The newest unhinged lunatic is trying to force him to bake a cake that is blue on the outside and pink on the inside to represent the freak’s “transition”.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

Why can’t the idiot go to another cake shop, or make their own? Oh yea, because the real goal is to destroy the lives of anyone that disagrees with their batshit crazy Agenda.
What religious ceremony would the baker be forced to participate in with the trans cake?

They guy also doesn't do Halloween cakes because it goes against his religion.

try again, you fascist fuck.

Big deal. Lots of people opposed integration, claiming their religion opposed it. My grandmother even told me people opposed cars, the telephone, and indoor plumbing based on their religion. It seems to be a catch all for anyone who opposes progress but can't find a logical reason why.

And now lefties are the ones wanting segregation again. Sorry, but forcing a baker to bake a trans cake isn't the same as standing up against Jim Crow.

It is exactly the same.

Nope, one was systemic denial of economic and political rights, normally via government AND local action, of which things like the counter bans and the water fountains were merely symptoms of the problem. This is a single baker not wanting to do certain things, but still willing to sell point of sale non custom items to anyone.

This is about asses like you trying to force acceptance as opposed to tolerance, and comparing it to systemic discrimination is pathetic.
Don't be silly. Woolworth's didn't refuse service to black people because the government made them, and that baker isn't refusing to bake a pink cake with blue icing for religious reasons. I certainly understand crazy right wingers making stupid claims, but it's a little insulting for you to think I'm stupid enough to fall for such crap.

You can’t make this shit up. The left are targeting this man for his religious beliefs.
The newest unhinged lunatic is trying to force him to bake a cake that is blue on the outside and pink on the inside to represent the freak’s “transition”.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

Why can’t the idiot go to another cake shop, or make their own? Oh yea, because the real goal is to destroy the lives of anyone that disagrees with their batshit crazy Agenda.
What religious ceremony would the baker be forced to participate in with the trans cake?

Big deal. Lots of people opposed integration, claiming their religion opposed it. My grandmother even told me people opposed cars, the telephone, and indoor plumbing based on their religion. It seems to be a catch all for anyone who opposes progress but can't find a logical reason why.

And now lefties are the ones wanting segregation again. Sorry, but forcing a baker to bake a trans cake isn't the same as standing up against Jim Crow.

It is exactly the same.

Nope, one was systemic denial of economic and political rights, normally via government AND local action, of which things like the counter bans and the water fountains were merely symptoms of the problem. This is a single baker not wanting to do certain things, but still willing to sell point of sale non custom items to anyone.

This is about asses like you trying to force acceptance as opposed to tolerance, and comparing it to systemic discrimination is pathetic.
Don't be silly. Woolworth's didn't refuse service to black people because the government made them, and that baker isn't refusing to bake a pink cake with blue icing for religious reasons. I certainly understand crazy right wingers making stupid claims, but it's a little insulting for you to think I'm stupid enough to fall for such crap.

The origins of separate counters was based on laws requiring them, as well as local pressure by the citizens wanting it. Again, the counter issues were a symptom, not a cause.

Your crime isn't stupidity, its being a fucking fascist twat. Your way or else, no compromise. Also hatred of religious people.

You are probably an atheist asshole. It's amazing how arrogant people are who's only reward after death is oblivion.

Hopefully sooner for wanna be thugs like you.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

It is exactly the same.

No, it's not. Jim Crow was government. The South was violating equal protection by writing laws that treated blacks differently. Getting rid of that was sound government. There's a huge difference between that, and forcing people to accommodate each other against their will.
Did the Jim Crow laws require Woolworths to segregate their lunch counter or allow them to segregate the lunch counter? There is a difference.

If these guys had walked into the bakery
View attachment 471417

and asked for a chocolate cake with strawberry icing, and the baker refused, you might have a point.

They didn't.

the buyers requested a cake with decorations he found offensive.
My husband and I went into a bakery once and requested a birthday cake for my mother to be made. The Decorator almost refused to do the cake because she found the message offensive. My husband requrested that HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLD BAG be put on the cake--------had our request been completely refused, we simply would have had the cake made elsewhere.

Business's should have the right to refuse customers, just as customers have the right to refuse them. A business refusing business is unlikely to stay in business long. AND btw, what fucking idiot wants food made by someone who doesn't like them in a cake business.
This isn't about rights. This is all about submission.
I heard the same argument used in the 60s about MLK Jr. and the Civil Rights movement.
I'm sure you hear lots of things and voices in your head.
I was around back then, tho young. You? Or are you just reinventing the Segregationist movement for yourself because of personal insecurities?

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

It is exactly the same.

No, it's not. Jim Crow was government. The South was violating equal protection by writing laws that treated blacks differently. Getting rid of that was sound government. There's a huge difference between that, and forcing people to accommodate each other against their will.
Did the Jim Crow laws require Woolworths to segregate their lunch counter or allow them to segregate the lunch counter? There is a difference.

Some required, some allowed, it depends on the laws of the locality, and at times the States as a whole.

And again, you are trying to compare a PA with a non PA.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

It is exactly the same.

Yep. That's what I said. You said they are exactly the same. They're not.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

Did anyone force them to build cars, telephones, or plumbing? How can you be this dumb?
Still waiting for the verse in the Bible where it condemns transgenderism...
Coveting.

Thou shalt not covet anything that belongs to thy neighbor.

The cases of UNNATURAL desires to have the body or features of the other gender is coveting physical gendee of other people. If people are naturally the identity they claim, they do not suffer conflicts but are at peace and do not covet anything outside their control.

The right to override the consent of others is coveting control of public policy and forcing one's beliefs on others by central authority.

Coveting the right to compete in women's sports.

Coveting public resources and taxpayer money to pay for transition as a medical procedure or pay for court and legislative costs of establishing these personal policies through federal govt.

Faun all this Coveting business, including LGBT political and Political Bullying "in general" for dominating and Coveting govt representation by one party over another,
comes from not forgiving past conflicts or abuses, including generational conditions passed down and inherited spiritually, socially or sometimes physically.

The Bible warns
* if we forgive others then we are forgiven
* if we do not forgive others then we are not forgiven
* sins of the father will be revisited on the sons (ie future generations) until the fourth or fifth generations

Many of the ills, abuses, and addictive disorders we see today are consequences of conflicts or issues from the past, not yet fully forgiven corrected or resolved.
Once we forgive them, these can be healed.

James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another and pray for one another that you may be healed

Again, a stretch too far. Covet means to inordinately desire what another has, implying there is only one of the item to be had. I want a boat just like my neighbor's. I can desire to have one just like it, but I can't just take his. Trans people aren't trying to take anyone's gender from them. they just want one like it.

No BULLDOG
People can COVET at many different levels.
It is not limited to just "one item to be had."

People COVET control of wealth and taxes of other people
although there are plenty of other resources and ways to achieve the desired goals.

People project the "desire for acceptance" onto
other people who aren't the real targets, and COVET control
by misdirecting their abuses and attacks onto others.

"If I can't have you, then nobody can" as the mental attitude
behind someone killling a person for rejecting them, is a form
of COVETING not just that person but the CONTROL they REPRESENT.

The shooter in Georgia wanted freedom and peace,
and shot up innocent victims because he was COVETING
something he did not have. And it led to projecting the
violence in disproportionate ways on others who had nothing to do with him.

Buddhists call this "material" or "false" desire that causes suffering.

Christians call this material desire "Mammon" or "flesh" or "carnal."

It is all a form of COVETING or false desire on a material level
instead of making peace SPIRITUALLY regardless of material conditions.

The line seems to be "inordinately" desiring something to the point of illegally or immorally attempting to take that from someone who has it. I can't and won't try to understand what that might look like to a crazy person like the shooter in Georgia. He is crazy, and logical explanation is not possible. We all have desires. I doubt this would be the first pink cake with blue icing the baker baked. He should bake the cake and quit poking his nose in other people's business.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

It's not religious freedom that's being targeted - it's any resistance to their social engineering agenda. The freedoms at risk are much broader and more fundamental - freedom of conscience, freedom of association. Making this narrowly about religious freedom is a mistake.

Well who made the idiot baker's argument about religion to start with? Since it was all about religion before, I don't see how that ruling could have anything to do with this cake.

You might not appreciate the baker's religion, Christianity, and you might disagree with the Christian idea that Almighty God put Adam and Eve (not Steve) into the garden.

But you are beyond the pale in calling the belief "idiotic".

I disagree with the islamic hatred of bacon and the Hindu's worship of the Sacred Cow and the Shintoist thought that the emperor is Almighty God.

However, I wouldn't call them "idiotic."
I said he was an idiot. I suspect he only used his religion as an excuse to justify his bigotry like so many other right wingers do.
But your bigotry against Christians is good and righteous.
Oh? What does the Bible say about trans-gendered?
Oh, NOW you care what the Bible says?

My grandmother even told me people opposed cars, the telephone, and indoor plumbing based on their religion.

And some people oppose buttons ... for themselves.

View attachment 471861

They aren't forcing you to not drive, not use your phone, or not pee in the house. They SIMPLY CHOOSE not to do those things themselves.

Do you truly not understand the difference between tolerance and compulsion?

If somebody is trying to force the baker to become trans, I'll send some money to his GoFundMe site.

View attachment 471417

and asked for a chocolate cake with strawberry icing, and the baker refused, you might have a point.

They didn't.

My husband and I went into a bakery once and requested a birthday cake for my mother to be made. The Decorator almost refused to do the cake because she found the message offensive. My husband requrested that HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLD BAG be put on the cake--------had our request been completely refused, we simply would have had the cake made elsewhere.

Business's should have the right to refuse customers, just as customers have the right to refuse them. A business refusing business is unlikely to stay in business long. AND btw, what fucking idiot wants food made by someone who doesn't like them in a cake business.
I heard the same argument used in the 60s about MLK Jr. and the Civil Rights movement.
I was around back then, tho young. You? Or are you just reinventing the Segregationist movement for yourself because of personal insecurities?
I was 18 when MLK was shot. I never heard that Civil rights was about submission. Perhaps you're just full of shit, as usual.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

It's not religious freedom that's being targeted - it's any resistance to their social engineering agenda. The freedoms at risk are much broader and more fundamental - freedom of conscience, freedom of association. Making this narrowly about religious freedom is a mistake.

Well who made the idiot baker's argument about religion to start with? Since it was all about religion before, I don't see how that ruling could have anything to do with this cake.

You might not appreciate the baker's religion, Christianity, and you might disagree with the Christian idea that Almighty God put Adam and Eve (not Steve) into the garden.

I disagree with the islamic hatred of bacon and the Hindu's worship of the Sacred Cow and the Shintoist thought that the emperor is Almighty God.

I said he was an idiot. I suspect he only used his religion as an excuse to justify his bigotry like so many other right wingers do.

If you want to use the bible to justify your claims, you should expect those who know it better than you to question your conclusions.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

The Constitutional argument is against Govt forcing someone into speech or expression against their free will and beliefs. Decorating a cake to "express celebration or support for transgender cultural practices" is a choice of expression, that defendants are trying to protect from Govt FORCING someone to do under penalty of law.

What is noticeably biased is the customer *deliberately targeting* this baker personally. The baker did not seek to target this person who deliberately initiated this service *for the purpose of inciting a KNOWN conflict.*

Why isn't that recognized as harassment?

The baker is only reacting to the CONTENT of the message and design/decoration of the cake. It is nothing personal against this person. But this person is deliberately picking on this particular man, because of his beliefs known to be against homosexual and transgender practices as unnatural.

This is like going to Muslim bakery and harassing the owners by demanding they bake a cake decorated with Mohammad's image. Or bake a cake in the shape of a pink pig on a platter chopped into slices.

I know some traditional Buddhists who will also refuse to make commercialized images of Buddha for decoration, but reserve these for temple altars only.

It would be equally abusive to target such a person at their business, and demand they provide services designing an image or replica of Buddha for decorative use.

Just the ACT of doing that would run contrary to their belief practices, and would not be fair to abuse Govt to force that by law or mandatory court order.

Harassment? Really? The baker is refusing to bake a cake that is pink on the inside and blue on the outside. Both of those requirements are quite common, and neither require any assumed artistic ability. The only possible problem the baker might have would be with what was to be written on the cake (not mentioned in the article) or the specific person who was ordering the cake. I don't agree with you often, but I do respect your usually reasoned opinion. You're stretching a little too far this time.
Can we agree the personal conflict is MUTUAL between this customer and this baker. So they should both agree to refrain from doing business together if they conflict so much in their different beliefs.

Can you please explain why this customer HAS to get this service from this particular baker with full knowledge they have a conflict, and deliberately making that conflict the subject of both the cake and the lawsuit.

Where is the attempt to resolve this amicably?

Would you agree both parties could have agreed to hire the work out to a willing Vendor to avoid a lawsuit for political statements?
That won't work for the left, because this baker is a Thoughtcriminal and must be punished.

View attachment 471417

They didn't.

Oh, it's not him reinventing it.

Columbia University Accused Of Segregation With 6 Different Graduation Ceremonies

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

If you want to use the bible to justify your claims, you should expect those who know it better than you to question your conclusions.
Let me know how that works out for you.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

The Constitutional argument is against Govt forcing someone into speech or expression against their free will and beliefs. Decorating a cake to "express celebration or support for transgender cultural practices" is a choice of expression, that defendants are trying to protect from Govt FORCING someone to do under penalty of law.

What is noticeably biased is the customer *deliberately targeting* this baker personally. The baker did not seek to target this person who deliberately initiated this service *for the purpose of inciting a KNOWN conflict.*

Why isn't that recognized as harassment?

The baker is only reacting to the CONTENT of the message and design/decoration of the cake. It is nothing personal against this person. But this person is deliberately picking on this particular man, because of his beliefs known to be against homosexual and transgender practices as unnatural.

This is like going to Muslim bakery and harassing the owners by demanding they bake a cake decorated with Mohammad's image. Or bake a cake in the shape of a pink pig on a platter chopped into slices.

I know some traditional Buddhists who will also refuse to make commercialized images of Buddha for decoration, but reserve these for temple altars only.

It would be equally abusive to target such a person at their business, and demand they provide services designing an image or replica of Buddha for decorative use.

Just the ACT of doing that would run contrary to their belief practices, and would not be fair to abuse Govt to force that by law or mandatory court order.

Harassment? Really? The baker is refusing to bake a cake that is pink on the inside and blue on the outside. Both of those requirements are quite common, and neither require any assumed artistic ability. The only possible problem the baker might have would be with what was to be written on the cake (not mentioned in the article) or the specific person who was ordering the cake. I don't agree with you often, but I do respect your usually reasoned opinion. You're stretching a little too far this time.
Can we agree the personal conflict is MUTUAL between this customer and this baker. So they should both agree to refrain from doing business together if they conflict so much in their different beliefs.

Can you please explain why this customer HAS to get this service from this particular baker with full knowledge they have a conflict, and deliberately making that conflict the subject of both the cake and the lawsuit.

Where is the attempt to resolve this amicably?

Would you agree both parties could have agreed to hire the work out to a willing Vendor to avoid a lawsuit for political statements?
That won't work for the left, because this baker is a Thoughtcriminal and must be punished.
Yes, he must be punished and beaten into submission for daring to have the courage of standing up for his beliefs. These freaks are very nasty sick creatures.

Why didn't they just find another lunch counter? Nobody said they had to eat at Woolworth's.
View attachment 471415

View attachment 471416

I don't think it is "apples and oranges". In both cases, the principle is the same. And if we're going to resolve the dispute over this issue we've got to admit that and address it head on. We need to recognize that the laws and polices we adopted for dealing with racism were bad, in principle, and we shouldn't apply them to other similar problems.

In both cases, the principle is the same.

No, it isn't.
How do they materially differ? Does the bakery have an approved list of words that can be written on a cake? If your name is not on that list, will they refuse to wish you happy birthday?
In some cases yes.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

Did anyone force them to build cars, telephones, or plumbing? How can you be this dumb?
Still waiting for the verse in the Bible where it condemns transgenderism...
Coveting.

Thou shalt not covet anything that belongs to thy neighbor.

The cases of UNNATURAL desires to have the body or features of the other gender is coveting physical gendee of other people. If people are naturally the identity they claim, they do not suffer conflicts but are at peace and do not covet anything outside their control.

The right to override the consent of others is coveting control of public policy and forcing one's beliefs on others by central authority.

Coveting the right to compete in women's sports.

Coveting public resources and taxpayer money to pay for transition as a medical procedure or pay for court and legislative costs of establishing these personal policies through federal govt.

Faun all this Coveting business, including LGBT political and Political Bullying "in general" for dominating and Coveting govt representation by one party over another,
comes from not forgiving past conflicts or abuses, including generational conditions passed down and inherited spiritually, socially or sometimes physically.

The Bible warns
* if we forgive others then we are forgiven
* if we do not forgive others then we are not forgiven
* sins of the father will be revisited on the sons (ie future generations) until the fourth or fifth generations

Many of the ills, abuses, and addictive disorders we see today are consequences of conflicts or issues from the past, not yet fully forgiven corrected or resolved.
Once we forgive them, these can be healed.

James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another and pray for one another that you may be healed
So it's a sin to want a Ferrari??
Faun
If you are trying to force others to give you one where you are coveting the labor or wealth of others, or trying to control legislation in ways that benefits you at the expense of others without their consent.

If people agree to give you or sell you a car, if people agree to fund, follow and support your LGBT beliefs, practices or expressions, that isn't coveting, that is consensual.

In general trying to mandate or force people to validate your beliefs as a protected class by imposing it by law on others is coveting control and validation that other people aren't required to give.

If someone does not believe in same sex marriage, or in transgender identity or homosexual orientation as normal, that is their free choice of belief; and govt cannot be abused to force anyone to comply with or change faith based beliefs that are a personal internal choice outside govt jurisdiction.

Now spiritually Faun, if your obsession or attachment to getting a Ferrari is unhealthy and causes ill consequences to your emotional balance or financial stability, then if this causes problems for you, that is your personal responsibility to decide if that is good or bad.

If the burden causes you to abuse other people, like stealing from or cheating others in order to get or keep the car, then there's probably something wrong and out of balance.

The Buddhists would warn against "excessive" desire, because it is conditioning you to depend on material things for peace and happiness, which causes problems when you are attached and can be manipulated by these conditions.

So if the desire for the car is Natural and does not cause problems for you or other, there is nothing wrong.

If wanting the car is masking some other problems this is being used to cover up, then it isn't the car that's the problem, but whatever is going on underneath.

And same with the conflicts over LGBT.

If it is truly natural for the person, then they can find peace and healing without trying to control or force others to change.

But if the conflicts rely on "trying to change or control other people" (such as by personally bullying or coercing them, or by abusing govt to force beliefs on other people) then something else is wrong. The LGBT issue is used as a target, but the real problems and conflicts are much greater.

The politics between the liberal left/LGBT and the Christian right/Conservative are both fighting to defend their beliefs against threats or attacks by the other. Because the Christians and Conservatives have traditionally dominated the authority of church and state law, the advocates of Liberal beliefs in secular humanist and now LGBT policies have been pushing to take over the narrative in the media and dominate govt to push this agenda on others by force of law.

If it was agreed on freely by choice, then it isn't coveting control of govt to force it on the public.

Forum List

Back