Colorado baker told to bake that cake

Of course it is.
No, the state requires an education status and an oath for the medical license. And the state cannot tell a family physician that he must perform brain surgery.

You’re grasping at straws

No, the state requires an education status and an oath for the medical license. And the state cannot tell a family physician that he must perform brain surgery.

You’re grasping at straws

This man bakes cakes. He was asked to bake a cake. I cant believe we still have to point this out even though it's been pointed out over and over and over and over.

not the same at all. There is no oath with a business license. And a business decides what products they choose to sell, and which they choose not to.
Norm you make me laugh a lot with your relationship expertise. But you are being dishonest now. Clutching at straws.

This man bakes cakes. He was asked to bake a cake. I cant believe we still have to point this out even though it's been pointed out over and over and over and over.

Should he be forced to make a cake celebrating the adultery of another man and the bakers wife?

Try again

Should he be forced to make a cake celebrating the adult Ty of another man and the bakers wife?

Try again

I don't know what a Ty is.

He was asked to make a simple pink cake with blue icing. Seems pretty basic for a custom cake baker.

I don't know what a Ty is.

He was asked to make a simple pink cake with blue icing. Seems pretty basic for a custom cake baker.

Should the baker be forced to make a cake celebrating an adulterous affair that another man had with the bakers wife?

He does, after all, bake cakes. And adultery is a lifestyle to many.

Well, that's the old Testament",
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shux, I had to see the trajectory of this thread move away from Biblical stuff.
That stuff is always fun.
And more than ripe for snark and satire.
As are the thumpers.

A couple things I've always admired about the Biblenutters is their ambidexterity between the Old Testament and the New Testament. Those Thumpers are adaptable.

I mean by that.....if that want to push a lesson or concept that they can find support for in the Old, well then, the Old is "the sacred Word of God, then, now, and forever."

But.....if the Old gets sticky or uncomfortable.. then "Well, that's the Old Testament"...... the New Testament is the 'new & improved model' of the sacred Word of God'. It is God v.2.0.

One other aspect of this Bible-schtick that I always enjoy is it's similarity to the Horoscope-schtick.

I mean by that, both the Bible (Old & New).....and the Zodiac, can be vague enough, general enough, generic enough......that one can cut & fit most any old suggestion from them to fit most any old situation one wants.

That's not to say there ain't some practical advice in either.
You be the judge.
But just understand.....that the Gods, most everybody's Gods, don't give a good goddamn about what kind of cake is served. Or to whom.
Most all of 'em have more important merde' to manage than sugar frosting.

Trust me.

"....celebrating an adulterous affair..."
--------------------------------------------------------------

And that is why I come to this particular internet Mos Eisley Cantina, this DewDropInn.
Because.......

Because I learn stuff.
Now, the good poster Norm is suggesting that cheating partners are gonna be a Constitutionally protected class. Like race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.

Who knew?
Before Norm?

I love this bar!

We now interrupt this broadcast of Shooting Slow Goldfish In A Barrel to ask ourselves, "Really? Nothing better to do? How about Marching Up And Down The Square? Hmmm?"

Forum List

Back