Colorado baker told to bake that cake

Poor Joe, thought same sex can only mean gay sex. I guess that’s what’s on joes mind most of the time.

In this new millennium, folks have redefined marriage Joe. Hell Windsor proclaimed to the world that marriage today is all about the government bennies, and tax free inheritance!
So do you really have anything to add to the conversation, or are you just going to try to hide your bigotry under sophistry.

I couldn't imagine anyone getting into a sexless marriage, straight or gay.

His defence is the ridiculous religous freedom one that he used to deny a gay couple a cake a few yesrs ago. What does the bible say about trannys ?

It seems that a common link in these bigot cases is well funded extremist laawyers. These bigots never refuse cakes for adulterers or criminals or people who eat shellfish.

They make me sick to my stomach.
This is a bad look for the LGBT community. They are targetting religious people for vindictive purposes. This isnt a great way to win over hearts and minds. I support gay rights, but this makes me hate these people and their agenda so i have no choice but to side with the religious baker. Keep in mind that im an atheist who thinks religion is silly.

I think you need to go into your job tomorrow (assuming you have one) and share your wisdom on icky gay people. Let us know how it goes.

Point is, your bigotry is not really in vogue... grasping to a last few straws like, "Well, I won't bake a cake" is kind of pointless

Not at all.. unlike you, I'm secure in my heterosexuality. You clearly have issues. Was it that one time in camp?

No, but their failure to comply with the law does.
There is a public accommodation law.
This jackass broke it.
Unjust law. Piss on it.

So do you really have anything to add to the conversation, or are you just going to try to hide your bigotry under sophistry.

That's funny. You trample on liberty and Constitutional rights while labeling someone a bigot. You're a real doozy.

So, you think todays marriage is just about sex Joe? Did you not read the Windsor ruling? Get with the times Joe! Marriage has been redefined!

Groovy, aye?

"If you honestly believe this is about burning in hell,....."

Ah, poor poster BSFilter.....I regret if I haven't kept you abreast of what others on this thread have posited as a legitimate concern. At least a legitimate concern of that other poster, perhaps even of the cake-baker too.

But, the TED Talk version is this:
Another poster, I presume another Christianist, suggested that if the cakebaker provided one of his normal cakes ---but one with male/male plastic figurines --- well, that act could damn that baker to everlasting hellfire.

Personally, I thought it was a tad harsh. As if that baker's God was just generally pissed all the time, and with no guardrails to any excesses. Though you may feel differently.

So, in a couple of posts above I asked if you support the God-model that would send the baker to hell for an .89-cent piece of plastic.

To date, you haven't answered if you are all-in or not.

Are you willing to support the good poster Norm in this?

So, you think todays marriage is just about sex Joe? Did you not read the Windsor ruling? Get with the times Joe! Marriage has been redefined!

Groovy, aye?
Oops:
Edith "Edie" Windsor (née Schlain) was born in Philadelphia on June 20, 1929, to a Russian Jewish immigrant family of modest means.[4] During her childhood, her father lost both his candy-and-ice-cream store and his house during the Great Depression,[5] and she at times experienced anti-Semitism.[6] After graduating from Temple University, she married Saul Windsor. They divorced less than one year afterward,[7] and she confided to him that she longed to be with women sexually.[6] The divorced Edie Windsor soon moved to New York City to pursue a master's degree in mathematics at New York University; in time, she would become one of the first female senior systems programmers at IBM.[4]

Thea Clara Spyer was born in Amsterdam on October 8, 1931, to a wealthy Jewish family that escaped the Holocaust by fleeing to the United States before the Nazi invasion of the Netherlands.[4][5] Spyer enrolled at Sarah Lawrence College, but was expelled after a campus guard saw her and another woman kissing.
How many more rulings are you planning to pretend you've read?

Last edited:
Ah, poor poster BSFilter.....I regret if I haven't kept you abreast of what others on this thread have posited as a legitimate concern. At least a legitimate concern of that other poster, perhaps even of the cake-baker too.

But, the TED Talk version is this:
Another poster, I presume another Christianist, suggested that if the cakebaker provided one of his normal cakes ---but one with male/male plastic figurines --- well, that act could damn that baker to everlasting hellfire.

Personally, I thought it was a tad harsh. As if that baker's God was just generally pissed all the time, and with no guardrails to any excesses. Though you may feel differently.

So, in a couple of posts above I asked if you support the God-model that would send the baker to hell for an .89-cent piece of plastic.

To date, you haven't answered if you are all-in or not.

Are you willing to support the good poster Norm in this?
I support the truth and the truth is this has nothing to do with hell, so shove your false narrative up your ass. This is about forced submission.

"...your false narrative..."
I am considering regretting that I haven't footnoted for poor poster BSFilter the trajectory of this thread and what his fellow Christianists have claimed about hellfire and it' inevitably when ---or if --- one sells a cake with a little plastic figurine of two men holding hands.

It's up there in the thread, good poster Filter. Trust me.
Do some homework. Be engaged. Be informed.

Then you should be able to understand the nuances that are being engaged in this thread that, admittedly, has some posters expressing a smidgen of skepticism about your flavor of Christianist teachings.

Good luck, mi amigo.

I am considering regretting that I haven't footnoted for poor poster BSFilter the trajectory of this thread and what his fellow Christianists have claimed about hellfire and it' inevitably when ---or if --- one sells a cake with a little plastic figurine of two men holding hands.

Then you should be able to understand the nuances that are being engaged in this thread that, admittedly, has some posters expressing a smidgen of skepticism about your flavor of Christianist teachings.

Good luck, mi amigo.
Keep beating that dead horse. That's one way to avoid the truth.

Good luck, mi amigo.
There will be pedo cakes with an adult and children soon enough. This is why there are questions.

This is a bad look for the LGBT community. They are targetting religious people for vindictive purposes. This isnt a great way to win over hearts and minds. I support gay rights, but this makes me hate these people and their agenda so i have no choice but to side with the religious baker. Keep in mind that im an atheist who thinks religion is silly.

Actually, most people think the bakers are being bigots... not that the gays are asking for anything unreasonable like "Doing what you promised to do."

Unjust law. Piss on it.

Actually, it's a very sensible law. No one should face discrimination when doing business.

If we were talking about a bigot who refused to serve minorities or interracial couples, we would not even be having this conversations.

That's funny. You trample on liberty and Constitutional rights while labeling someone a bigot. You're a real doozy.

It's not a matter of "liberty", guy. Or constitutional rights. These laws also protect religious people.

Okay, going to try to have a logical discussion with you.

We all agree that a store owner shouldn't be able to discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender or sexual orientation.
If this was a guy who said, 'My religion is against the mixing of races", and refused me service because I have a Chinese girlfriend, absolutely no sane person would support that.
I doubt I would sue, life's too short. I'd damned sure write a damning Yelp review.

Similarly, no one would support this guy if he was a homophobic atheist who just didn't like the butt stuff.

So the business owner has to decide what's more important to him, his bigotry or his business.

So, you think todays marriage is just about sex Joe?
shush, the grownups are talking.

Actually, most people think the bakers are being bigots... not that the gays are asking for anything unreasonable like "Doing what you promised to do."

Actually, it's a very sensible law. No one should face discrimination when doing business.

If we were talking about a bigot who refused to serve minorities or interracial couples, we would not even be having this conversations.

It's not a matter of "liberty", guy. Or constitutional rights. These laws also protect religious people.

We all agree that a store owner shouldn't be able to discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender or sexual orientation.
If this was a guy who said, 'My religion is against the mixing of races", and refused me service because I have a Chinese girlfriend, absolutely no sane person would support that.
I doubt I would sue, life's too short. I'd damned sure write a damning Yelp review.

Similarly, no one would support this guy if he was a homophobic atheist who just didn't like the butt stuff.

So the business owner has to decide what's more important to him, his bigotry or his business.

Oh, Joe, why the attitude. You realize I’m the most PROGRESSIVE person in this conversation, right?

Only political extremists are siding with them. Normal people see this for what it is and its super fucking annoying. Everyone is sick of this horseshit, and im not just talking about gay people who want sexualized cakes. Im talking all the incessant whining from the left about every-fucking-thing. Everyone has to walk on egg shells around you god damn weirdos. No one enjoys it. No one.

The problem is Christianity isn't against mixing of races in marriage. Christianity does believe that queer marriage is a sin. Therefore, you're the bigot.

Oh, Joe, why the attitude. You realize I’m the most PROGRESSIVE person in this conversation, right?
Shush, the grownups are talking.
Only political extremists are siding with them. Normal people see this for what it is and its super fucking annoying. Everyone is sick of this horseshit, and im not just talking about gay people who want sexualized cakes. Im talking all the incessant whining from the left about every-fucking-thing. Everyone has to walk on egg shells around you god damn weirdos. No one enjoys it. No one.

Uh, sorry, man, wrong again.

Nearly three quarters of U.S. adults believe that businesses should not have the right on religious grounds to deny services to customers based on their sexual orientation, a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Monday showed.

The findings of the poll, conducted Friday to Monday, were issued on the same day the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in favor of a baker from Colorado who had refused to make a wedding cake for a gay couple, citing his Christian beliefs.

In the poll, 72 percent of respondents said business owners, because of their religious beliefs, should not be allowed to refuse to serve customers based on sexual orientation, while 14 percent said they do have that right. Another 9 percent said businesses have the right “only in certain circumstances” and 6 percent said they do not know.

The problem is Christianity isn't against mixing of races in marriage. Christianity does believe that queer marriage is a sin. Therefore, you're the bigot.

Really? It was illegal in many parts of this country for mixed race couples to get married up until 1969 until the Loving Decision, and people quoted the bible to rationalize it. When considering Lovings' case, lower court judge Leon M. Bazile said this.

Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, Malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.[23]

The point is, all sorts of injustices have been rationalized using religion- Witch burnings, slavery, genocide - which modern people would be absolutely horrified about. God didn't change his mind, we changed ours. And when an atheist asks, "Hey, why is this in your bible?" a Christian will give us a rationalization like 'Well, that's the old Testament", or "God was writing for people of that time."

I'll give you another example. When I was growing up in the 1970's, couples living together before marriage was considered a bit of a scandal. It was even called "Living in Sin". Now it's the norm. 75% of couples move in together before getting married. Churches don't say a peep about it.

Should a Christian pilot refuse to take off until his tranny passengers get off the flight ?
That is thee logical outcome of your nonsense.

Shush, the grownups are talking.

Uh, sorry, man, wrong again.

Nearly three quarters of U.S. adults believe that businesses should not have the right on religious grounds to deny services to customers based on their sexual orientation, a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Monday showed.

The findings of the poll, conducted Friday to Monday, were issued on the same day the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in favor of a baker from Colorado who had refused to make a wedding cake for a gay couple, citing his Christian beliefs.

In the poll, 72 percent of respondents said business owners, because of their religious beliefs, should not be allowed to refuse to serve customers based on sexual orientation, while 14 percent said they do have that right. Another 9 percent said businesses have the right “only in certain circumstances” and 6 percent said they do not know.

Really? It was illegal in many parts of this country for mixed race couples to get married up until 1969 until the Loving Decision, and people quoted the bible to rationalize it. When considering Lovings' case, lower court judge Leon M. Bazile said this.

Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, Malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.[23]

The point is, all sorts of injustices have been rationalized using religion- Witch burnings, slavery, genocide - which modern people would be absolutely horrified about. God didn't change his mind, we changed ours. And when an atheist asks, "Hey, why is this in your bible?" a Christian will give us a rationalization like 'Well, that's the old Testament", or "God was writing for people of that time."

I'll give you another example. When I was growing up in the 1970's, couples living together before marriage was considered a bit of a scandal. It was even called "Living in Sin". Now it's the norm. 75% of couples move in together before getting married. Churches don't say a peep about it.

Hey Joe, remember when multiple States voted down Same Sex Marriage. And the LBGTQ reminded everyone that Civil rights are not up to public poling or a vote? Remember that Kid?

You are quite the bigot Joe.

Should a Christian pilot refuse to take off until his tranny passengers get off the flight ?
That is thee logical outcome of your nonsense.
That depends on whether or not he is an employee or the owner of the company. Employees are required to do what their employers tell them to do, but owners make their own rules.

Forum List

Back