Colorado baker told to bake that cake

--------------------------------------------------------------

And that is why I come to this particular internet Mos Eisley Cantina, this DewDropInn.
Because.......

Because I learn stuff.
Now, the good poster Norm is suggesting that cheating partners are gonna be a Constitutionally protected class. Like race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.

Who knew?
Before Norm?

I love this bar!

He makes cakes. Cakes are a product he makes. He was offered a job making a type of cake he doesn’t offer. Never in the history of his bakery has he ever offered such cake.

He doesn’t offer it to straights
He doesn’t offer it to gays.

He cannot be accused of discriminatory practice for offering the product that is not included in his product line. Period.

If a gay couple walks into a Chevy dealership and tell the dealer they want to order a Brand New Mustang to celebrate their wedding vows, the Chevy dealer, who sells cars, cannot be accused of discriminatory practice as her does not offer the product the gay couple wants!

It’s really that simple.

Should he, or shouldn’t he? It’s not a rough question

He should do what is the problem here. You can come up with all sorts of "what if's".

Should he be forced to bake an 80 foot tall cake? Should he? Should he? Answer, should he?

He was asked to make a pink with blue icing cake. He should have.

Customer: I would like a pink cake with blue icing to celebrate my tranisistion.

Me as a Baker: I could have that Wednesday.

Customer: I'm here to pick up my cake.

Me as a Baker: I see you live not far from here? Do you have a home church? If not, I would like to invite you to ours.

I do NOT understand the hate.

He makes cakes. Cakes are a product he makes. He was offered a job making a type of cake he doesn’t offer. Never in the history of his bakery has he ever offered such cake.

A pink cake with blue icing? Really?

He should do what is the problem here. You can come up with all sorts of "what if's".

Should he be forced to bake an 80 foot tall cake? Should he? Should he? Answer, should he?

He was asked to make a pink with blue icing cake. He should have.

Customer: I would like a pink cake with blue icing to celebrate my tranisistion.

Me as a Baker: I could have that Wednesday.

Customer: I'm here to pick up my cake.

Me as a Baker: I see you live not far from here? Do you have a home church? If not, I would like to invite you to ours.

I do NOT understand the hate.

I don’t understand it either. Why the customer must hate on anyone for a religious belief is beyond me.

He doesn’t offer it to straights
He doesn’t offer it to gays.

He cannot be accused of discriminatory practice for offering the product that is not included in his product line. Period.

If a gay couple walks into a Chevy dealership and tell the dealer they want to order a Brand New Mustang to celebrate their wedding vows, the Chevy dealer, who sells cars, cannot be accused of discriminatory practice as her does not offer the product the gay couple wants!

It’s really that simple.
He agreed to bake the cake.
Your Chevy analogy is risible. Ford dealers only have a contract to supply Ford cars. They cannot get other brands.

I don’t understand it either. Why the customer must hate on anyone for a religious belief is beyond me.

While one can argue that, as a Christian I tend to hold other Christians to a higher standard.

His defence is the ridiculous religous freedom one that he used to deny a gay couple a cake a few yesrs ago. What does the bible say about trannys ?

It seems that a common link in these bigot cases is well funded extremist laawyers. These bigots never refuse cakes for adulterers or criminals or people who eat shellfish.

They make me sick to my stomach.
And in other countries Muslims are executing gays and yet I never hear people like you complain about it. So yeah be sick about a fucking cake.

And in other countries Muslims are executing gays and yet I never hear people like you complain about it. So yeah be sick about a fucking cake.

Well this is blatantly untrue. You can check out my comments on the World Cup for proof.
But as you brought up muzzies.
Last week there was q thread about muzzies sacrificing animals as part of their religion. The general view waas that this is wrong and should be banned.
This seems at odds with your defence of the bigot baker.
Should it be banned ?

Your Chevy analogy is risible. Ford dealers only have a contract to supply Ford cars. They cannot get other brands.

They don’t have a contract to supply chevys because they don’t want to, it’s a product they do not choose to offer, therefor, not a product they can be forced to produce and in no way is it discriminatory.

Well this is blatantly untrue. You can check out my comments on the World Cup for proof.
But as you brought up muzzies.
Last week there was q thread about muzzies sacrificing animals as part of their religion. The general view waas that this is wrong and should be banned.
This seems at odds with your defence of the bigot baker.
Should it be banned ?
I don't give a rats ass if the Muslims want to sacrifice animals. So ......

Norm, Norm, Norm.....you are again doing your Mole impression of Whack-A-Mole.
One more time, then life calls. This tale is stale, the ground thin, nothing left on the tree.....and some won't see.

What YOU don't get ..... is that a cake is a cake is a cake.
"Types" of cakes are flat cakes, tiered cakes, chocolate cakes, spice cakes, and so on. Styles of cakes are wedding cakes, birthday cakes, anniversary cakes.
And it is the sugar frosting that defines 'styles'.
NOT.....who eats 'em.
Cakes are NOT 'typified', not defined, by who eats 'em.....by who looks at 'em...or by who buys 'em.

This baker has a history of providing 'wedding cakes'. A style. He was asked to provide that style of cake. Then he found out who was gonna eat it....and he reversed.
Bad on him. And he'll pay for his error.

Bourbon is still bourbon Norm, regardless if a Muslim drink it or a Christianist drinks it.
It is still bourbon, Norm.
It is still bourbon even if the distiller really wanted only Christianists to drink it.

Duh!

They don’t have a contract to supply chevys because they don’t want to, it’s a product they do not choose to offer, therefor, not a product they can be forced to produce and in no way is it discriminatory.

Shush, the grownups are talking.

Uh, sorry, man, wrong again.

Nearly three quarters of U.S. adults believe that businesses should not have the right on religious grounds to deny services to customers based on their sexual orientation, a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll released on Monday showed.

The findings of the poll, conducted Friday to Monday, were issued on the same day the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in favor of a baker from Colorado who had refused to make a wedding cake for a gay couple, citing his Christian beliefs.

In the poll, 72 percent of respondents said business owners, because of their religious beliefs, should not be allowed to refuse to serve customers based on sexual orientation, while 14 percent said they do have that right. Another 9 percent said businesses have the right “only in certain circumstances” and 6 percent said they do not know.

Really? It was illegal in many parts of this country for mixed race couples to get married up until 1969 until the Loving Decision, and people quoted the bible to rationalize it. When considering Lovings' case, lower court judge Leon M. Bazile said this.

Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, Malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.[23]

The point is, all sorts of injustices have been rationalized using religion- Witch burnings, slavery, genocide - which modern people would be absolutely horrified about. God didn't change his mind, we changed ours. And when an atheist asks, "Hey, why is this in your bible?" a Christian will give us a rationalization like 'Well, that's the old Testament", or "God was writing for people of that time."

I'll give you another example. When I was growing up in the 1970's, couples living together before marriage was considered a bit of a scandal. It was even called "Living in Sin". Now it's the norm. 75% of couples move in together before getting married. Churches don't say a peep about it.
The Christian church doesn't pass laws. Legislators pass laws. Try again.

Norm, Norm, Norm.....you are again doing your Mole impression of Whack-A-Mole.
One more time, then life calls. This tale is stale, the ground thin, nothing left on the tree.....and some won't see.

What YOU don't get ..... is that a cake is a cake is a cake.
"Types" of cakes are flat cakes, tiered cakes, chocolate cakes, spice cakes, and so on. Styles of cakes are wedding cakes, birthday cakes, anniversary cakes.
And it is the sugar frosting that defines 'styles'.
NOT.....who eats 'em.
Cakes are NOT 'typified', not defined, by who eats 'em.....by who looks at 'em...or by who buys 'em.

This baker has a history of providing 'wedding cakes'. A style. He was asked to provide that style of cake. Then he found out who was gonna eat it....and he reversed.
Bad on him. And he'll pay for his error.

Bourbon is still bourbon Norm, regardless if a Muslim drink it or a Christianist drinks it.
It is still bourbon, Norm.
It is still bourbon even if the distiller really wanted only Christianists to drink it.

Duh!

Lol, the Baker won the wedding cake issue, in court. How’s that for whacking the mole.

To discriminate, you must provide a service for one group and not another.

Same sex marriage is a new category.

Same sex can include male couples
Same sex can include female couples

These couples can include both being heterosexuals
These couples can include both being homosexuals
These couples can include one homosexual and one heterosexuals.

He provides for none of the above, regardless of sex or sexuality. He simply does not provide such a service.

Interestingly enough, he doesn’t provide the cake, even if both are heterosexual, which, by their very nature, would not sin as they would not, by their very nature, have sex.

Now if a couple of gays, one being male, the other female, want to buy a cake for their wedding, I expect he would supply it with no questions asked, just as he would a heterosexual man/woman.

You lose again.

Sorry bout dat

Last edited:
So, Lassy.....you can answer directly for yourself, no need to have poster Filter speak for you:
Are you all-in on little EmilyAnn being stoned to death on your porch? And what about that Colorado baker burning in the hellfire of Perdition forever, as has been articulated by other alleged Christianists participating in this discussion.

Are you a 'go'.....on the fire and the speed rocks?

That has nothing to do with Covenants, you dumbed down flaming jackass

Forum List

Back