Colorado baker told to bake that cake

That depends on whether or not he is an employee or the owner of the company. Employees are required to do what their employers tell them to do, but owners make their own rules.
But he will go to hell for betraying his religou beliefs ? Moral principles are not negotiable.

Hey Joe, remember when multiple States voted down Same Sex Marriage. And the LBGTQ reminded everyone that Civil rights are not up to public poling or a vote? Remember that Kid?

You are quite the bigot Joe.

What I remember is we had a vigorous debate on the issue, until most people realized that "I think it's icky" isn't a good enough reason to deny people their rights.

This isn't a "Civil Rights" issue. This is a commerce issue. The homophobic baker can either comply with the laws as written, or he can find something else to do for a living, just like the rest of us have to.

If I have to do provide services for Mormons, he has to bake cakes for the gays... it all sounds pretty reasonable to me.

What I remember is we had a vigorous debate on the issue, until most people realized that "I think it's icky" isn't a good enough reason to deny people their rights.

This isn't a "Civil Rights" issue. This is a commerce issue. The homophobic baker can either comply with the laws as written, or he can find something else to do for a living, just like the rest of us have to.

If I have to do provide services for Mormons, he has to bake cakes for the gays... it all sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Joe forgets the entire argument about gay rights = civil rights.

If I had such a weak argument I guess I would as well.

Joe forgets the entire argument about gay rights = civil rights.

No, I didn't. Your side lost that argument. Now you are desperately clinging to 'Well, I won't bake that cake!" without realizing the implications of allowing refusal of service on religious grounds. Because it doesn't stop at gays.

CObesPFUwAAkXLd.jpg

This has never been about the cakes, it's been about the refusal of certain extremists to accept they lost the argument over gay marriage.

His defence is the ridiculous religous freedom one that he used to deny a gay couple a cake a few yesrs ago. What does the bible say about trannys ?

It seems that a common link in these bigot cases is well funded extremist laawyers. These bigots never refuse cakes for adulterers or criminals or people who eat shellfish.

They make me sick to my stomach.
Not everyone believes in food laws, so shellfish isnt a consideration. If someone came in and asked him to bake a cake for an adulterer party, he’d probably refuse to make that cake too. You are confusing the fact that the baker isn’t refusing to sell these people a cake, he’s just refusing to sell one for specific purposes, like an event.

The baker actually agreed to make the cake until the person ordering the cake explained that it was for their transition party.

I knew this would happen as soon as they passed respect for marriage act, that people would do something like this. If anything, this is harassment against the baker. Unless this person has no knowledge of what transpired just a few years ago, then they specifically targeted this bakery as a way to harass them, and force them to bake a cake.

No, I didn't. Your side lost that argument. Now you are desperately clinging to 'Well, I won't bake that cake!" without realizing the implications of allowing refusal of service on religious grounds. Because it doesn't stop at gays.

CObesPFUwAAkXLd.jpg

This has never been about the cakes, it's been about the refusal of certain extremists to accept they lost the argument over gay marriage.

Joe, you posted similar before. If she had that frame of mind, she wouldn’t work at a place that offers them for sale in the first place. 🤦‍♂️

How childish are you?

What about a Doctor refusing to treat a trans patient ?
Does his faith prevent him doing that ?
That depends on what rules this doctors employers set up. If its a private practice then he shouldnt be allowed to treat whomever he wants. Many doctors may not feel qualified to treat transgender patients, since most doctors dont go to psychiatry school.

That depends on what rules this doctors employers set up. If its a private practice then he shouldnt be allowed to treat whomever he wants. Many doctors may not feel qualified to treat transgender patients, since most doctors dont go to psychiatry school.
He is self employed and the patient has a condition that any Doctor can treat.

He is self employed and the patient has a condition that any Doctor can treat.
They arent trained for mental issues. They arent trained to handle a male patient who thinks he is a female, who gets mad every time you make a medical decision based on his male anotomy.

Not everyone believes in food laws, so shellfish isnt a consideration. If someone came in and asked him to bake a cake for an adulterer party, he’d probably refuse to make that cake too. You are confusing the fact that the baker isn’t refusing to sell these people a cake, he’s just refusing to sell one for specific purposes, like an event.

The baker actually agreed to make the cake until the person ordering the cake explained that it was for their transition party.

I knew this would happen as soon as they passed respect for marriage act, that people would do something like this. If anything, this is harassment against the baker. Unless this person has no knowledge of what transpired just a few years ago, then they specifically targeted this bakery as a way to harass them, and force them to bake a cake.
Its just anti gay/tranny prejudice wrapped up in a bogus religous wrapper.
Nobody has advanced one argument that supports this crap. Loving was mentioned earlier.That is a great analogy for this shitty behaviour.

They arent trained for mental issues. They arent trained to handle a male patient who thinks he is a female, who gets mad every time you make a medical decision based on his male anotomy.
You are deflecting from the issue with a straw man argument that collapsed before you finished typing.

The patient has a medical issue that you or I would have.The Doctor has all the skills needed to threat this ailment. Should the Doctor be able to refuse treatment because of his religous beliefs ?

You have avoided this question already I suspect that you will again.

Its just anti gay/tranny prejudice wrapped up in a bogus religous wrapper.
Nobody has advanced one argument that supports this crap. Loving was mentioned earlier.That is a great analogy for this shitty behaviour.

No, blacks are provably black by thorough physical examination. No such testing exists for gay, or for someone thinking they were born in the wrong body. It’s exact opposite in fact. A trans examination would reveal the fact that they were in fact in the right body.

You are deflecting from the issue with a straw man argument that collapsed before you finished typing.

The patient has a medical issue that you or I would have.The Doctor has all the skills needed to threat this ailment. Should the Doctor be able to refuse treatment because of his religous beliefs ?

He should be able to avoid it for any reason he chooses. You cant force people to do stuff.

If a doctor accepted a license that requires the treatment, then he must.

A baker has to get a business license. Can a city require he serve all?

not the same at all. There is no oath with a business license. And a business decides what products they choose to sell, and which they choose not to.

Forum List

Back