College Football playoffs and Championship

I have friends who hate Alabama and love to tease me about Bama losing a game.

I got a sympathy e-card from one of them. lol For going 12-2? How many teams would kill for Bama's worse records in the last 10 years?
It truly is amazing what Saban has done. Alabama is a dynasty under him. The closest one can come to compare to it is the Nebraska under Osborn.

Warren Moon was indeed a generational talent, and one of the greatest QB's to ever throw a football.
I would make a similar argument he is perhaps the most underrated QB of all time, when considering all he did in Washington and the CFL before he got to Houston.
It was a different time.

Sorry Winterborn, but I can't even describe how happy I am to watch a championship game with NO SEC team in it, especially Alabama. Georgia and LSU are also teams I don't want to see in that game, some other SEC schools would be okay, and if Penix was at Missouri, he probably would have been undefeated and playing this Monday. Their QB was not looking real good against Penn St. defense that is stout yet they still smashed them.

Oh yeah, I get all of that. They want the most compelling games that are going to get the most eyeballs because its all about money.

What I find humorous is that FSU did exactly what they were supposed to do...they won every game they played. What else could they do beyond that? Nothing. Instead of rewarding them for a perfect season, they decided to cast that aside in favor of the most compelling game.
Nothing. Picking the teams to play in the playoffs for the national championship is not about rewarding teams for a great season but rather picking the teams likely to perform at the highest level in the playoffs. FSU was clearly not the same team without Travis.

Last edited:
Nothing. Picking the teams to play in the playoffs for the national championship is not about rewarding teams for a great season but rather picking the teams likely to perform at the highest level in the playoffs. FSU was clearly not same team without Travis.

Rather bizarre. Why bother keeping score or even have a regular season if some committee just "knows" who is going to perform better?

Oh...thats right...because it's not about anything other than money.

Rather bizarre. Why bother keeping score or even have a regular season if some committee just "knows" who is going to perform better?

Oh...thats right...because it's not about anything other than money.
The committee does use performance records in selecting the playoff teams and in fact their selections are typically in line with performance records. However, when an event occurs that will lower their performance level in the playoffs, then the committee should take that into consideration. Clearly after Travis was injured, FSU was not playing at the same high level as prior to his injury.

Last edited:
The committee does use performance records in selecting the playoff teams and in fact their selections are typically in line with performance records. However, when an event occurs that will lower their performance level in the playoffs, then the committee should take that into consideration. Clearly after Travis was injured, FSU was not playing at the same high level as prior to his injury.
:banghead:

Sorry Winterborn, but I can't even describe how happy I am to watch a championship game with NO SEC team in it, especially Alabama. Georgia and LSU are also teams I don't want to see in that game, some other SEC schools would be okay, and if Penix was at Missouri, he probably would have been undefeated and playing this Monday. Their QB was not looking real good against Penn St. defense that is stout yet they still smashed them.

I know people are tired of seeing Alabama win. I get that.

But I have always worn my Crimson Tide colors with pride. Even when Mike DuBose took us to a 3-8 season.

I'm leaning towards Washington tonight but I expect it to be a great game. Can't wait!
I’m looking for a narrow Michigan win, although I’d be happy either way. And yes, I think it could be a classic.

Strength on strength. Michigan's rush defense vs. one of the best offensive lines this season. Michigan allowing the 2nd fewest passing yds. this season vs. Washington passing attack that was #1 in the country.
GDH8i2EWcAApx-n.jpeg

Much needed touchdown. Donovan Edwards is running over their defense.
Washington better figure out how to stop the run or their Defense is going gas in the late 3rd to 4th and this game will get ugly. 209 yds rushing in a half. Michigan isn’t even pretending they want to pass.

Congrats to Meeechingan the best team in the country!

The Wolverine's defense did a great job. Hats off to them. Congratulations to Michigan fans.
BTW this guy right here is the best in college football breaking down how a game can/will go. Klatt nailed this 5 days ago.
FOX Sports’ lead college football analyst Joel Klatt previews the College Football Playoff Championship Game between Michigan and Washington and makes his pick for the matchup. He discusses each teams’ paths to victory on Monday night and what areas of the field will determine the outcome. Klatt specifically breaks down why Michigan’s Defensive Line will pose a different problem for the Washington Offense than what they faced vs Texas as they look to give Penix time to throw it downfield. He also discusses how this Michigan program was re-built to beat Ohio State back in 2021 and how that blueprint could serve them well in this matchup with the Huskies’ high-flying passing attack.

Washington relied on a single running back the entire season, and he was obviously hurt. That really limited the effectiveness of Penix. I will say that the Washington defense was completely lost in the 1st half and made an amazing adjustment at halftime, they were like an entirely different defense in the 2nd half, but it was not enough, as they were just on the field too much.

I have friends who hate Alabama and love to tease me about Bama losing a game.

I got a sympathy e-card from one of them. lol For going 12-2? How many teams would kill for Bama's worse records in the last 10 years?
And clearly Bama should have been in the final game vs Michigan. Washington laid an egg. LOL. I can be cocky now that it's over and we won.

Forum List

Back