College Football playoffs and Championship

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
We have 4 teams vying for one trophy.

Washington v. Texas
I think this one could be a blow-out if Texas can't stop Washington's passing attack.

Michigan v. Alabama
Unless Michigan can stop Milroe, they are in serious trouble. Bama will win at the line and at the end of the game.

Washington v. Texas
I think this one could be a blow-out if Texas can't stop Washington's passing attack.

Michigan v. Alabama
Unless Michigan can stop Milroe, they are in serious trouble. Bama will win at the line and at the end of the game.
From your mouth to God's ear. I'll have to admit that early in this season I was a quitter and saw Milroe as a substandard QB who couldn't pass or get away from a defensive line. As the season went on, he made a fool out of me and I love him for it!
I'd really love to see Bama play Texas in the Natty.

Screw Alabama.

Way to much press and should not even be in the final four.

I hope Michigan trounces them.

From your mouth to God's ear. I'll have to admit that early in this season I was a quitter and saw Milroe as a substandard QB who couldn't pass or get away from a defensive line. As the season went on, he made a fool out of me and I love him for it!
I'd really love to see Bama play Texas in the Natty.

He has really grown. Especially when the offense was designed for his skills.

And will I ever.

Best play ever.....I can still recall cheering and laughing my ass off.

Yep. I remember it too. It was the first time I had seen that done. Clever of auburn to put a man back for it. But a very rare occurance.

What is not rare? Bama winning championships. Since that play, Bama has won 7 SEC Championships and 3 National Championships. More than many programs have in their history.

Yep. I remember it too. It was the first time I had seen that done. Clever of auburn to put a man back for it. But a very rare occurance.

What is not rare? Bama winning championships. Since that play, Bama has won 7 SEC Championships and 3 National Championships. More than many programs have in their history.

Yes, when Arizona and ASU joined the PAC, all I could think of was how much detested USC (who also seems to have a lot of national championships).

A good day for me was when USC, Notre Dame, Alabama, Ohio State, all lost.

Didn't happen very often.

Yes, when Arizona and ASU joined the PAC, all I could think of was how much detested USC (who also seems to have a lot of national championships).

I'll go along with 3 out of the 4.

That was what was a great added bonus to Bama's 2020 season. Not only went in to the CFP undefeated, but destroyed Notre Dame and then Ohio State for the trophy. BLISS!

Washington v. Texas

Michigan v. Alabama
You're way ahead of yourself Winter. Alabama is 1 game removed from almost losing to Auburn, and I think UGA wasn't nearly as good as advertised. Actually, the entire SEC wasn't nearly as good as everyone thought. You are correct that if Milroe goes off then Alabama probably wins but you could say that about any team if their QB has a huge day. Michigan has a very good defense, and Milroe is still not that good a QB. Michigan has a chip on their shoulder, and will be probably the best team Alabama has faced all year by a decent margin.

You're way ahead of yourself Winter. Alabama is 1 game removed from almost losing to Auburn, and I think UGA wasn't nearly as good as advertised. Actually, the entire SEC wasn't nearly as good as everyone thought. You are correct that if Milroe goes off then Alabama probably wins but you could say that about any team if their QB has a huge day. Michigan has a very good defense, and Milroe is still not that good a QB. Michigan has a chip on their shoulder, and will be probably the best team Alabama has faced all year by a decent margin.

Michigan does have an excellent team, and a good defense.

But they have not played a mobile QB. And the Bama offensive & defensive lines look better.

Michigan does have an excellent team, and a good defense.

But they have not played a mobile QB. And the Bama offensive & defensive lines look better.
They have the best defense in college football and have played 3 of top 4 defenses in college football on the way to being undefeated. Hanging 26, 30 and 24 on them so the offense is there as well. Alabama has (IMO) a false sense of how good they are because the SEC hasnt played very good defense this year. We will see. I still think Milroe is a liability who may end up biting Alabama in the ass just like he was at the start of the year. If Michigan can get a lead they will force Alabama to throw the ball which isnt going to end well for them. Michigan has the secondary to match up man to man on Alabama's WR's which allows their LB's to focus on Milroe and the Alabama run game. Milroe isnt going to pick anyone apart. He throws the ball deep and is very athletic, I dont think that's enough to beat Michigan.

Forgot to put Oklahoma on that list. Especially when Switzer was running the show.

Yesterday, my Alam Mater beat them on the strength of 6 turnovers.

At one time I was certain LSU would blow out 6-6 WISC. How did they get into a New years day bowl game?

But when it comes time to hit the PLACE BET NOW button? Well, that will separate the “know it all big lipped talkers“ from those who actully do know or better know.

How sure am I? Do I really know? What if? Then all this sitting out stuff began! Ouch. It’s hard work to dive in deep.

note: the refs could maybe getcha, but not usually if it’s s a blowout game eh?

Last edited:
on the strength of 6 turnovers.

it was so bad it appeared almost fixed? Then OKLA at the end of first half just wasted a bunch of time and a scoring chance? With the lead if I remember right? Was it corruption or incompetence? That game stood out. AZ was good all year. I had no idea who would win. I bet only the OVER In that one.

Forgot to put Oklahoma on that list. Especially when Switzer was running the show.

Yesterday, my Alam Mater beat them on the strength of 6 turnovers.

OKLA and NEB were always two top programs. Bud Wilkerson? Was winning back to back titles in the 50s?

it turned. Now its more exciting, more parity. But the last decade was ALA and the SEC. That may slow immediately with this transfer free agent BS going on.

At one time I was certain LSU would blow out 6-6 WISC. How did they get into a New years day bowl game?

But when it comes time to hit the PLACE BET NOW button? Well, that will separate the “know it all big lipped talkers“ from those who actully do know or better know.

How sure am I? Do I really know? What if? Then all this sitting out stuff began! Ouch. It’s hard work to dive in deep.

note: the refs could maybe getcha, but not usually if it’s s a blowout game eh?
Doesn’t LSU have a bunch of opt outs? Most notably their Heisman winning QB?

What got me was the line in last nights game, Packers were getting a point. What?

Oddsmakers knew that Minnesota won the first game, that it is hard to beat the same team twice in the same season, they knew that Love has only had one interception in the last 6 games, and that a brand new rookie was making his first ever start for the Vikes.

It was easy money for me, but I screwed up by not moving the line against me in order to increase my odds. I thought Packers would win by at least 2 TD's.

Doesn’t LSU have a bunch of opt outs? Most notably their Heisman winning QB?

I knew the QB. looked like the secondary was non-existent. They barely won. Went way OVER 60.

It was a sweat to the last sac. WISC was tossing TD passes like it was a practice session. Mercy!

Forum List

Back