College Football playoffs and Championship

In 1977, Warren Moon led the Washington Huskies to the Pac-8 title and a 27–20 upset win in the Rose Bowl over Michigan. Moon was named Rose Bowl MVP.

416138632_1089738569143070_6237257909966756762_n.jpg

The meritocracy was honored, in the same way it was honored with Liberty Univ., also undefeated and absolutely trounced by Oregon.

Is the following statement true or false?

A team with a loss was given the chance to play for the national championship while a team with no losses who faced similar competition was not.

Is the following statement true or false?

A team with a loss was given the chance to play for the national championship while a team with no losses who faced similar competition was not.

No one was GIVEN anything. The people charged with selecting the best 4 teams made their choices. If you want to petition to change the way the selection process works, feel free to try.

No one was GIVEN anything. The people charged with selecting the best 4 teams made their choices.
Essentially the definition of being "given" something. Someone decides you're worthy and someone else isn't.
If you want to petition to change the way the selection process works, feel free to try.
That would be foolish. The system is designed to maximize profits. Nothing more. And it seems to be working for the athletic departments. The students? Not so much.

Well damn.

Good game, Michigan. Especially solid defense.
Back when BAMA was winning a lot, like, a couple years ago? Never in my wildest dreams did I think Michigan would be in this position.

A guy said if he wins it all he's going back to the NFL. That would suck. I would love it if he found his niche. But the guy said, "he was so close to winning a Superbowl. He wants to achieve that". I wouldn't blame him. But it would suck for Michigan to lose him. But that black assistant coach who took the lead when he got suspended would take over. That'd be cool. He learned from the best. I think Harbaugh must be a good recruiter. And maybe he's good at developing them their freshman year so that they are college size football players their sophomore year. I see some of my nephews friends who were going to play football at B level schools in college. They weren't very big kids. Seniors in Highschool. I'm like, "boy, you better get in the weight room". One of them my nephew told him I wrestled in college and we were waste deep in water on the lake so I wrestled him and I dunked him. The next year I saw him after his freshman year and boy was he a lot bigger. Of course. They put them in the weight room. Plus the Freshman 15.

Anyways, wish Michigan luck. Don't be petty like me. LOL

Back when BAMA was winning a lot, like, a couple years ago? Never in my wildest dreams did I think Michigan would be in this position.

A guy said if he wins it all he's going back to the NFL. That would suck. I would love it if he found his niche. But the guy said, "he was so close to winning a Superbowl. He wants to achieve that". I wouldn't blame him. But it would suck for Michigan to lose him. But that black assistant coach who took the lead when he got suspended would take over. That'd be cool. He learned from the best. I think Harbaugh must be a good recruiter. And maybe he's good at developing them their freshman year so that they are college size football players their sophomore year. I see some of my nephews friends who were going to play football at B level schools in college. They weren't very big kids. Seniors in Highschool. I'm like, "boy, you better get in the weight room". One of them my nephew told him I wrestled in college and we were waste deep in water on the lake so I wrestled him and I dunked him. The next year I saw him after his freshman year and boy was he a lot bigger. Of course. They put them in the weight room. Plus the Freshman 15.

Alabama is still winning a lot. We finished this season 12-2. We have only had 3 losses in a season once since 2008.

Alabama is still winning a lot. We finished this season 12-2. We have only had 3 losses in a season once since 2008.
You know what I mean. 6 titles from 2009-2020. Nothing since. Since 2009 you've only gone max 2 years without winning it all. Since 2020, it's 3 years now since you've won. Seems since the whole college portal thing, you're not doing as well. Probably because the guys you recruit and bench can leave now and not have to sit out a year.

On another note. I believe a couple years ago we lost this title but have since won it back.

Michigan: 1,002 wins. Alabama: 965 wins. Ohio State: 964 wins.

Who has the most wins in college football history?

“This is probably the first time I’ve ever been fired up for a national championship game,” said one coordinator who faced Washington earlier this year. “I’m so fascinated with this game because they’re like two polar opposites going against each other.”

Michigan’s bruising play along the lines and run-heavy offensive style will square off with Washington’s high-flying, pass-first attack at NRG Stadium in Houston on Monday night. The Athletic spoke with 10 head coaches, coordinators and assistants who have faced either Michigan or Washington this season to gauge their thoughts on the matchup, granting them anonymity to discuss both teams candidly.

No coaches leaned toward Michigan or Washington winning big, but a majority picked Washington to win as an underdog. One coach was shocked to learn Michigan was a four-point favorite. But another assistant said Michigan may be the better team in all aspects.

“It’s hard to go against Michigan, but I just think Washington is more battle-tested, and they find a way to do it one more time,” said one head coach.

You know what I mean. 6 titles from 2009-2020. Nothing since. Since 2009 you've only gone max 2 years without winning it all. Since 2020, it's 3 years now since you've won. Seems since the whole college portal thing, you're not doing as well.
You're holding Alabama to an impossibly high standard that no other college football team has ever been held to in the history of college football.

On a sports program the comparison of NFL and NCAA coaching is now vastly different. The NCAA coach is near a 12 month season. Players come and go so fast whether going to the Pros or to another NCAA team. Recruiting never ends. And coaching the games is just one facet of many. An NFL Pro coach may have to put up with the owner and his demands if he interferes. Harbaugh had success in the NFL.

On a sports program the comparison of NFL and NCAA coaching is now vastly different. The NCAA coach is near a 12 month season. Players come and go so fast whether going to the Pros or to another NCAA team. Recruiting never ends. And coaching the games is just one facet of many. An NFL Pro coach may have to put up with the owner and his demands if he interferes. Harbaugh had success in the NFL.
It would have to be the right team. A team close that needs a better coach to get them over the hump. I'm thinking

Bills, Patriots, Jaguars, Raiders, Dallas

Can't be Cleveland. Him and Jim Shwarts hate each other after the infamous handshake. The Lion's were having a great season until that game. Then the season fell apart.

It would have to be the right team. A team close that needs a better coach to get them over the hump. I'm thinking

Bills, Patriots, Jaguars, Raiders, Dallas

Can't be Cleveland. Him and Jim Shwarts hate each other after the infamous handshake. The Lion's were having a great season until that game. Then the season fell apart.
The team would need a few superstars or potential game changers including the Quarterback.

The team would need a few superstars or potential game changers including the Quarterback.
The Patriot aren't good enough. They're rebuilding. But I bet they'd love to get him.

I don't know which teams could use a better coach. Like, the Bills. Maybe the problem isn't the coach. So that would count them out. I'm just spitballing.

It could be one of the teams that make the playoffs but fall short, again. Like Dallas.

You're holding Alabama to an impossibly high standard that no other college football team has ever been held to in the history of college football.

I have friends who hate Alabama and love to tease me about Bama losing a game.

I got a sympathy e-card from one of them. lol For going 12-2? How many teams would kill for Bama's worse records in the last 10 years?

The Patriot aren't good enough. They're rebuilding. But I bet they'd love to get him.

I don't know which teams could use a better coach. Like, the Bills. Maybe the problem isn't the coach. So that would count them out. I'm just spitballing.

It could be one of the teams that make the playoffs but fall short, again. Like Dallas.
Jerry Jones is into a lot of control. Harbaugh may not be into that.

Saying you’re not one of the best QB ever isnt a slight.
Warren Moon was indeed a generational talent, and one of the greatest QB's to ever throw a football.
I would make a similar argument he is perhaps the most underrated QB of all time, when considering all he did in Washington and the CFL before he got to Houston.

Forum List

Back