Who will replace Nick Saban when he retires?

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
The rumor mill around campus and in Tuscaloosa is that, if Saban wins another national championship he will call it quits and retire.

Whether it is true or not, Nick will retire in the next few years. He is 72 years old.

So who will the University get to take his place? Any thoughts?

The first 2 names that come to my mind both have ties to Alabama.

Dabo Sweeney and Steve Sarkisian. But both of them have big time contracts at top schools.

Dabo Sweeney and Steve Sarkisian. But both of them have big time contracts at top schools.

Well, unfortunately, nobody is going to replace Nick Saban.

It's like John Cooper taking over for Woody Hayes. He was doomed before he ever showed up.

Which was such a tragedy given he had ASU ranked in the top 10 and they absolutely loved him in Tempe. But....gotta go to the "BIG NAMES" where you'll never live up, be constantly second guessed and always have the shadow of the past coach looming over you.

It's like John Cooper taking over for Woody Hayes. He was doomed before he ever showed up.

Which was such a tragedy given he had ASU ranked in the top 10 and they absolutely loved him in Tempe. But....gotta go to the "BIG NAMES" where you'll never live up, be constantly second guessed and always have the shadow of the past coach looming over you.

I wondered if they will do it like they did when Bear Bryant retired. Ray Perkins was never going to be the long term answer. But he filled the gap. Then we sucked. lol

I agree about Dabo and Sarkisian. I'd add Kirby Smart as well. The only one of his assistants that I'd never accept is that smartass Kiffen.

The rumor mill around campus and in Tuscaloosa is that, if Saban wins another national championship he will call it quits and retire.

Whether it is true or not, Nick will retire in the next few years. He is 72 years old.

Nick Saban retire?

After he dies, all they will have to do is sprinkle some of his ashes onto the field for a win.

:auiqs.jpg:

I agree about Dabo and Sarkisian. I'd add Kirby Smart as well. The only one of his assistants that I'd never accept is that smartass Kiffen.

Yeah, Kiffin is out, in my opinion.

I'd love to see Kirby back at Bama. But he is doing great at his alma mater.

saban had a great contract` at lsu. alabama will hire the best coach available, and for alabama they will all consider the job.

how hard do you think it is for saban to get a player in the transfer portal?

"hello, my name is coach saban. and i can guarantee you will get plenty of national tv exposure, a chance at a national championship and an opportunity to play pro. can you be in tuscaloosa by noon tomorrow? great, see you them. "

very sad. war eagle!

Look how long it took to get a winner like Saban after Bear Bryant retired? Hope they find a great coach quick, but Saban casts a long shadow.

saban had a great contract` at lsu. alabama will hire the best coach available, and for alabama they will all consider the job.

how hard do you think it is for saban to get a player in the transfer portal?

"hello, my name is coach saban. and i can guarantee you will get plenty of national tv exposure, a chance at a national championship and an opportunity to play pro. can you be in tuscaloosa by noon tomorrow? great, see you them. "

very sad. war eagle!

I have always thought his best recruiting tool is "Every recruit that came to play for me, if they stayed 3 years, has at least one National Championship ring.

I have always thought his best recruiting tool is "Every recruit that came to play for me, if they stayed 3 years, has at least one National Championship ring.
when saban calls your mom to talk about the great education at alabama she takes the call.

war eagle

Kiffen

I think Kiffin has the skills, but he is also a bit of a loose cannon.
is the texas coach sarkosian? arch manning had the best advice as to picking a college. i'm sure archie would want his grandson at ole miss, but if texas has a coach to impress arch's hall of fame uncles, he must be ok.

I would love to see Sark come to Alabama again.
not me .

war eagle. i think alabama , auburn, and texas were all surprisingly overmatched this weekend.

the city was full of texas paraphernalia and we had plenty of washington fans as well. i hope they all enjoyed the trip, and the weather cooperated.

Forum List

Back