NCAA Football CFP Thread: My Rankings, and Scenarios

The FSU crybabies will get their chance when they play Georgia in the Orange bowl. if FSU wins you make your case, if Ga wins the committee got it right.

and for the posters who referred to FSU as Florida, that is an insult to all Gator fans everywhere. FSU is known in the state of Fla as half ass U or FSCW (fla state college for women)

The FSU crybabies will get their chance when they play Georgia in the Orange bowl. if FSU wins you make your case, if Ga wins the committee got it right.

and for the posters who referred to FSU as Florida, that is an insult to all Gator fans everywhere. FSU is known in the state of Fla as half ass U or FSCW (fla state college for women)
1. That’s not the argument the FSU people are making.
2. If FSU wins it will hardly be much solace for the young men who had an opportunity to compete for national title taken from them for TV ratings

1. That’s not the argument the FSU people are making.
2. If FSU wins it will hardly be much solace for the young men who had an opportunity to compete for national title taken from them for TV ratings
FSU played a patsy schedule and barely won their conference title game, plus losing their first and second QB. Alabama was a better team at the end of the season and deserves to be in the playoffs. Sorry if the truth hurts, but it is the truth. What will you say if Ga destroys them in the Orange bowl?

FSU played a patsy schedule and barely won their conference title game, plus losing their first and second QB. Alabama was a better team at the end of the season and deserves to be in the playoffs. Sorry if the truth hurts, but it is the truth. What will you say if Ga destroys them in the Orange bowl?
If Jordan Travis were playing FSU would be in. Those are just the facts. Him playing doesn't change their schedule but it does change their TV ratings. All the talk of SOS and this team being better than that team being the reason FSU isnt in is pure unadulterated BULLSHIT. FSUs resume didn't get worse playing and beating another top 25 team. They were ranked 4th by the committee the week before they played and beat Louisville a team in the top 15. Louisville was ranked higher than the team UT played. So how did UT's resume get better at the same time as FSU's apparently got worse? It didn't. Not substantially. What did change is the committee knew that FSU was down to their 3rd string QB and no one wanted to see a defensive oriented game where one team's was hamstrung by lack of QB play. Alabama is in because of TV revenue not because they are more deserving of the spot than FSU.

Washington is the worst of the 4.
Can you name 4 players on UW?
Who is the Head Coach?

They beat Texas last year, and returned ALL of their Studs and added a few more from the Portal.
You might say that UT sat a few players last year, so what, they are on the team this year either, and as mentioned, UW returned all their studs.

Expecting a close game, I think the final 4 is pretty even.
Go Dawgs.

Can you name 4 players on UW?
Who is the Head Coach?

They beat Texas last year, and returned ALL of their Studs and added a few more from the Portal.
You might say that UT sat a few players last year, so what, they are on the team this year either, and as mentioned, UW returned all their studs.

Expecting a close game, I think the final 4 is pretty even.
Go Dawgs.
I can’t name 4 players on any college football team, but I’ve watched Washington play as well as Texas Michigan and Alabama and imo they are the weakest of the 4. Dont take it personally. Do you play for them? There has to be a weakest team, unless you believe they are all equal which is silly, that doesn’t mean they all can’t be good teams.

Texas is my pick for national champion, but I think Washington will give them a hell of a test. Texas hasn't faced a passing game like Washington's. I just think that, man for man at each position, Texas might have the most talent and Sark is a good coach.

I can’t name 4 players on any college football team, but I’ve watched Washington play as well as Texas Michigan and Alabama and imo they are the weakest of the 4.
You don't know the players, on ANY team, but you have a strong opinion.
Good One.

You don't know the players, on ANY team, but you have a strong opinion.
Good One.
Why would I need t know any of their names? They aren’t my children. 80-90% wont play past college in any significant fashion. Also I just don’t give a shit what their names are. I don’t need that information to watch and enjoy the games. Does knowing their names give some insight into how good the team is? Explain that one Einstein.

Michigan has just beat Alabama and I do think Washington will beat Texas. OU beat Texas, and K-State should have beat them. Penix and those receivers are going to be a problem for Texas.

SEC is still an elite conference; they just weren't as good at the top as they have been in the past. Lots of departing talent the last few years in the UGA and Bama programs.

Michigan v Washington is going to be an interesting contrast of styles, with Michigan's grind-it-out football against Washington's elite passing game. I'd have to give the edge to Michigan but Washington is certainly capable.

Forum List

Back