CNN-Thomas Jefferson Memorial Should be Removed

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
It'll be fascinating to see how far all of this goes.

No "offensive" or potentially "offensive" messages anywhere, from public places to clothing to the written word. Words and phrases that might be considered "microaggressive" stamped out. "Consequences" for anyone who dares to "offend". Any historical leader who did something that might be considered "offensive" stricken from the public square and history books.

This is starting to look like a sci-fi movie.

No "offensive" or potentially "offensive" messages anywhere, from public places to clothing to the written word. Words and phrases that might be considered "microaggressive" stamped out. "Consequences" for anyone who dares to "offend". Any historical leader who did something that might be considered "offensive" stricken from the public square and history books.

I'm waiting for Amazon and their ilk to start banning Che Merchandise.
I have a feeling I will be waiting a long time.

I would love to see the rest of that segment.

This will not end well if Obama goes there.

-Geaux

As the Confederate Flag hysteria escalates, CNN's Ashleigh Banfield asks fellow CNN mouthpiece Don Lemon if it’s now appropriate for lawmakers to start a future conversation about whether or not the monument of Thomas Jefferson should be removed from the U.S. Capitol.

CNN Goes There Asks If Thomas Jefferson Memorials Should Be Removed Because He Owned Slaves Zero Hedge
Some are going to keep this shit up and it's not going to end well.

Guess we should tear down the Washington Monument and Grant's tomb while we're at it.

1-the-civil-war-ulysses-s-grant-1864-everett.jpg

The last president who ever owned slaves was, ironically, Ulysses S. Grant, elected in 1868 after he had commanded Union forces to victory over the Confederacy in the war that led to the abolition of slavery.
Grant owned a slave named William Jones, whom he freed in 1859. Between 1854 and 1859 Grant worked and lived on an 850-acre farm in Missouri, near St. Louis, that was owned by his father-in-law. Grant’s wife, Julia, also owned slaves, and during Grant’s management of the farm he worked along with one of them, a man named Dan. The farm is now the Ulysses S. Grant National Historic Site, part of the National Park Service.

Presidents Who Owned Slaves

The full list of all U.S. Presidents who owned slaves:

Which U.S. Presidents Owned Slaves

This will not end well if Obama goes there.

-Geaux

As the Confederate Flag hysteria escalates, CNN's Ashleigh Banfield asks fellow CNN mouthpiece Don Lemon if it’s now appropriate for lawmakers to start a future conversation about whether or not the monument of Thomas Jefferson should be removed from the U.S. Capitol.

CNN Goes There Asks If Thomas Jefferson Memorials Should Be Removed Because He Owned Slaves Zero Hedge
Some are going to keep this shit up and it's not going to end well.
Well the PC police did get FDR sitting in a wheel chair.

Yea this is not going to end good

They just might want to destroy the bridge in Selma Alabama, and the highway from Selma to Montgomery Alabama. That bridge was the scene of violence, and the highway is a reminder of those times. It wouldn't shock me if they wanted to completely destroy the bridge and highway. I'm sure that they bring back terrible memories of 1965.

More like 1984

Guess we should tear down the Washington Monument and Grant's tomb while we're at it.

1-the-civil-war-ulysses-s-grant-1864-everett.jpg

The last president who ever owned slaves was, ironically, Ulysses S. Grant, elected in 1868 after he had commanded Union forces to victory over the Confederacy in the war that led to the abolition of slavery.
Grant owned a slave named William Jones, whom he freed in 1859. Between 1854 and 1859 Grant worked and lived on an 850-acre farm in Missouri, near St. Louis, that was owned by his father-in-law. Grant’s wife, Julia, also owned slaves, and during Grant’s management of the farm he worked along with one of them, a man named Dan. The farm is now the Ulysses S. Grant National Historic Site, part of the National Park Service.

Presidents Who Owned Slaves

The full list of all U.S. Presidents who owned slaves:

Which U.S. Presidents Owned Slaves
Didn't Grant use slaves in construction of the white house?

They just might want to destroy the bridge in Selma Alabama, and the highway from Selma to Montgomery Alabama. That bridge was the scene of violence, and the highway is a reminder of those times. It wouldn't shock me if they wanted to completely destroy the bridge and highway. I'm sure that they bring back terrible memories of 1965.

The bridge they walked across on the anniversary was named after a Confederate General.

Why, after 50 years, has that not been renamed?

Don't start that.

Obama might hear about it, and have it painted like a rainbow.

Forum List

Back