Climate shock: 90 percent of the world’s glaciers are GROWING

A new NASA study, released on Friday, admits that ice is accumulating in Antarctica. Satellite measurements show an 82-112 gigaton-a-year net ice gain. That’s 82-112 billion tons per year! Nine zeroes! In other words that is 112,000,000,000 tons. Per year.

It’s hard to comprehend how much ice that really is, so let’s put it in perspective. Let’s assume that they’re talking short tons (2,000 lbs). That’s about the weight of an old VW Beetle.
From the article, revealing the problem with only citing the parts you like.
But it might only take a few decades for Antarctica’s growth to reverse, according to Zwally. “If the losses of the Antarctic Peninsula and parts of West Antarctica continue to increase at the same rate they’ve been increasing for the last two decades, the losses will catch up with the long-term gain in East Antarctica in 20 or 30 years -- I don’t think there will be enough snowfall increase to offset these losses.”

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddar...ns-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses
By definition if it has returned then it is a natural variation. The thing is that these are exactly the kind of things we would expect to see in an interglacial cycle. It would be bad to enter a glacial period. The same conditions which existed before the first glacial cycle still exist today. All that is lacking is the trigger. We would be far better off with a higher level of CO2 than we would be with a lower level of CO2. I don't see the problem. What exactly is the problem?

We are over due for a major volcanic eruption. Another variable which has triggered many glacial phases.. I hope we don't have it for a while.. It could happen any time now however.

A new NASA study, released on Friday, admits that ice is accumulating in Antarctica. Satellite measurements show an 82-112 gigaton-a-year net ice gain. That’s 82-112 billion tons per year! Nine zeroes! In other words that is 112,000,000,000 tons. Per year.

It’s hard to comprehend how much ice that really is, so let’s put it in perspective. Let’s assume that they’re talking short tons (2,000 lbs). That’s about the weight of an old VW Beetle.
But it might only take a few decades for Antarctica’s growth to reverse, according to Zwally. “If the losses of the Antarctic Peninsula and parts of West Antarctica continue to increase at the same rate they’ve been increasing for the last two decades, the losses will catch up with the long-term gain in East Antarctica in 20 or 30 years -- I don’t think there will be enough snowfall increase to offset these losses.”

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddar...ns-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses
By definition if it has returned then it is a natural variation. The thing is that these are exactly the kind of things we would expect to see in an interglacial cycle. It would be bad to enter a glacial period. The same conditions which existed before the first glacial cycle still exist today. All that is lacking is the trigger. We would be far better off with a higher level of CO2 than we would be with a lower level of CO2. I don't see the problem. What exactly is the problem?

We are over due for a major volcanic eruption. Another variable which has triggered many glacial phases.. I hope we don't have it for a while.. It could happen any time now however.
Yellowstone is over due.

USGS: Volcano Hazards Program YVO Yellowstone

Yellowstone is over due.

When you live in close proximity to this one you are always looking and evaluating. Yellowstone has been resperating for about 30 years now and sections of the caldera have risen about 3 feet.

If Yellowstone were to blow, the US as we know it would no longer exist and most of life on earth would be gone after the 90,000 year glacial cycle... Last years revelation that the upper magma chamber was 10X the size they thought was earth shattering around here.

Yellowstone is only 60,000 years over due for a big eruption.

Dang what a bad month for the bozo alarmists........one fAiL after another. Tornado's at historic lows. No shrinkage in Antarctic ice in 54 years. Siberia being decimated with cold and snow. Donald Trump puts skeptic in charge of the EPA. Glaciers getting huge.........

Skeptics winning huge........:bye1::bye1::popcorn:

Forum List

Back