Science IQ Test

You think the whole universe and "everything around" (what not exists) is full of steam. That's an infinite regress. Slowly the gold becomes hotter - but never is reaching exactly 100,000... °C. (Under ideal conditions - but the reality is anyway much more complex).

No, but I know that you were wrong.

No, but I know that you were wrong.

What's totally unimportant. Why am I wrong? Explain this please.

You have a box. This box has inside a constant pressure (and the box has also a temperature on its own - as well as the surrounding of this box has a temperature - what we just simple intentionallly ignore). Within the box is a pound of gold (1 pound = 500 gramm) which has a temperatrure of 0°C. And now we make it more easy: The same time is in this box a ton of water (1000 kg 1,000,000 gramm) with 100°C.

So it is very simple to see that the sum of all temperatures within this box is never able to reach exactly 100°C. It always have been less than 100°C - independent from the mass of water. The more hot water the more little is the difference - even if we will fill all water of the universe into this box and make it warm 100°C and only 1 gramm cold gold with a temperature of 0°C would be in this box.

Last edited:
What's totally unimportant. Why am I wrong? Explain this please.

You have a box. This box has inside a constant pressure (and the box has also a temperature on its own - as well as the surrounding of this box has a temperature - what we just simple intentionallly ignore). Within the box is a pound of gold (1 pound = 500 gramm) which has a temperatrure of 0°C. And now we make it more easy: The same time is in this box a ton of water (1000 kg 1,000,000 gramm) with 100°C.

So it is very simple to see that the sum of all temperatures within this box is never able to reach exactly 100°C. It always have been less than 100°C - independent from the mass of water. The more hot water the more little is the difference - even if we will fill all water of the universe into this box and make it warm 100°C and only 1 gramm cold gold with a temperature of 0°C would be in this box.

Why am I wrong?

Because 100°C steam has more energy than 100°C water.

Why am I wrong?

Because 100°C steam has more energy than 100°C water.

What's nonsense. Where from comes this wisdom? What is your source for this absurde idea? My example would not change if I would speak about 1 ton of steam. The problem would be to keep the pressure on the same level what would be the case if the box is much more bigger.

... Got it. ... You are right: The enthalpy of water is 417.51 kJ/kg and the enthalpy of steam is 2547.4 kJ/kg if the pressure is 1 bar. 100°C means the water is steam in this case because the boiling temperature is 99.63°C. The problem is the pressure and/or gravitation if I see it the right way.

By the way another question: Gravitation and acceleration are the same. We feel this when we accelerate with a car ... the acceleration presses us backward into the seat as the gravitation is pressing us down on Earth. But in case I accelerate I need energy (diesel for example). Why needs gravitation no energy for the work to hold us us down on Earth with ~10 m/s^2?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back