Church Attendance Declining

How do you measure the decline of the country?

How do you measure the decline of morals?
I just wanted to note that bullshit that you can't go to church, but you can go and try to burn shit down get arrested, and released, to do it the next day.

***Just saying. I know I said this on the first or second page. But... Back then you said it didn't have anything to do with anything. I think it finally means something to the thread... Yes?

I think it's a stretch at best, lol.
I don't know... It's a provable measurement. I would personally define that as a decline of the country because of a decline of morals.

I mean hell... Look at the guy who got arrested for pulling a gun on Antifa... When was it allowed to destroy a private persons property? In front of cops... They just... Allowed that to happen. It's ok that these people have harmed you or your property, it's not ok for you to show force back and defend yourself?

I mean it ABSOLUTELY should be the cops stepping in and arresting these people for breaking the law of destroying private property. But... They don't.

You are welcome to shed light on this as to how it's beneficial to the country and/or morally correct.

Early on when I first started questioning the existence of God, I quickly picked up on how Christians seem to use their religion when speaking to non-believers.

Take the statement "I'll pray for you" for instance. I can't tell you how many times I've had this directed to me when debating with Christian fundamentalists. This is a statement that should be loving, but instead it's used out of hatred or anger. I always found this interesting.

Mind you, I still have people tell me this and I know it often comes from a good place. But very often, it's not a loving message at all.

I don't know... It's a provable measurement.

Then how do you measure it?
That it happens. That is the measurement.

Go ahead and objectively quantify the decline of the country today compared to 20 years ago.

Let me see the formula you're using.
o.0

Did riots happen over 100 days 20 years ago? Were people arrested, and then released... only be be arrested for the same thing the next day back then? What happened in Oregon seems like a new thing to me. Am I wrong thinking that?

Edit: This... Again... You ignored it the first time to ask it... But... Again... Did this happen 20 years ago?

I mean hell... Look at the guy who got arrested for pulling a gun on Antifa... When was it allowed to destroy a private persons property? In front of cops... They just... Allowed that to happen. It's ok that these people have harmed you or your property, it's not ok for you to show force back and defend yourself?

I mean it ABSOLUTELY should be the cops stepping in and arresting these people for breaking the law of destroying private property. But... They don't.

You are welcome to shed light on this as to how it's beneficial to the country and/or morally correct.

Go ahead and objectively quantify the decline of the country today compared to 20 years ago.

o.0

Did riots happen over 100 days 20 years ago? Were people arrested, and then released... only be be arrested for the same thing the next day back then? What happened in Oregon seems like a new thing to me. Am I wrong thinking that?

Edit: This... Again... You ignored it the first time to ask it... But... Again... Did this happen 20 years ago?

So if I’m understanding you correctly, you measure the decline in America by the number of riots. You measure the decline in America because of a bunch of idiots damaging each other’s property and brandishing weapons at each other.

Is that accurate?

Are these the only things that matter in this “formula” that you’re using? Is this an agreed upon “formula” or is this just according to YOUR opinion? If it’s just something that YOU are using, doesn’t that make it subjective?

And by the way, nearly 30 years ago we had the Rodney King riots. So there’s also that.

o.0

So if I’m understanding you correctly, you measure the decline in America by the number of riots. You measure the decline in America because of a bunch of idiots damaging each other’s property and brandishing weapons at each other.

Is that accurate?

Are these the only things that matter in this “formula” that you’re using? Is this an agreed upon “formula” or is this just according to YOUR opinion? If it’s just something that YOU are using, doesn’t that make it subjective?

And by the way, nearly 30 years ago we had the Rodney King riots. So there’s also that.

The way to measure the decline in America is by meaasuring the number of idiots claiming that religion is actually fading in the public sector after 30 years of the political elite suppressing/discouraging it.

o.0

Is that accurate?

The way to measure the decline in America is by meaasuring the number of idiots claiming that religion is actually fading in the public sector after 30 years of the political elite suppressing/discouraging it.

So you have a different way of measuring the decline of America.

Looks like that measurement is subjective then.

View attachment 474446

I guess it's easy to blame others instead of reflecting on your own shortcomings.
churches have failed...its that simple...they want to do the same ol stale stuff. Like I recently became familiar with a dying church...membership was way down. However this same church had a very huge, very nice basketball gym. I thought they could use this building to make money...doing things like pro wrestling, basketball tournaments, flea market etc. with money earned they could do things with their members like taking trips

God forgives you your sins thinking that.

God’s followers are doing a great job of turning people away from him. :)

How is that? You mean they are turning people away from following him by following him?

Religion is a big turn off because many that claim to be Christians don't act like Christians. Christ was a minister, he was humble and he led by example. He felt empathy for the masses and was disgusted by the way clergy in his day lorded over his flock. Today, many Christians, seem selfish, look out for their own interests. That is just one facet, lots of other examples. Justmy thoughts.

I get that. One of the biggest turn offs is having someone thrust their religion on others.

That said, the ideal christian then is he who turns the other cheek-- -- -- they are wronged by the democrats and then just turn the other cheek so they can be wronged AGAIN.

Sounds a lot like the republicans: forever wronged, seldom doing enough about it.

Jesus was talking about the Roman occupation and oppressive Roman laws.

Is that accurate?
No... My measurement is what is happening that isn't being addressed. People are actively breaking the law, but it's being actively ignored. But only if your ideology is a certain ... Way. The man with flags and what not put down RIGHT AWAY. What law did he break?

People clearly breaking the law with video evidence in front of police officers isn't really that subjective.

If we were talking about jay walking, I'd understand your point. That's breaking the law, without harm to anyone else but oneself. This is people infringing on the rights of others. Harm is being done.

You said 20 years, not me... ;)

But... Considering what the King riots were about... Look at the black dressed mob making his vehicle unsafe to drive, damaging that mans truck, threatening him with chemicals, and then jeering him as he's arrested for defending himself and property.

Little odd to bring up the King riots with that already on the table.

No... My measurement is what is happening that isn't being addressed. People are actively breaking the law, but it's being actively ignored. But only if your ideology is a certain ... Way. The man with flags and what not put down RIGHT AWAY. What law did he break?

Ok, so that's YOUR measurement for the decline in America. Got it. Is this objective or just according to you, making it subjective?

I imagine that we have probably had assholes in our communities since the beginning of mankind. Still looks subjective to me.

Forum List

Back