Zone1 The Atlantic: “The War on Christmas is winning”

Well, we will have to agree to disagree on this one. In a corporate setting, with workers of many different religions, it would be wrong, IMO, to have an office party calling out, by name, one specific religion.
Now one thing I am incredibly stubborn about. I never "agree to disagree". Ever. We disagree. Period. and that is fine with me. :)

I believe ALL religion should feel free to be on display everywhere at all times.

What if the person giving the benediction at a professional conference ask all present, including Jews, to bow our head and thank Jesus Christ our Savior? Because that is what happened. He was asking Jews to do something in violation of their religious beliefs.

It puts Jews in an awkward position. In fact, I once wrote a letter to an organization saying that asking all present, including Jews, to bow to Jesus makes Jews feel awkward. The answer came back that if Jews feel uncomfortable being asked to bow to Jesus that they can leave the room and come back when the prayer is over.

Great way to make Jews feel like “the other.” Either bow to Jesus, or leave the room.
I don't know if this will help you, but recently I was with a group of people of all beliefs when we were asked to bow our heads to pray for everyone to be more aware and sensitive of climate change. That is another hot-topic issue with me, and I wasn't about to participate. Everyone else bowed their heads, so no one even noticed me and what I was not doing. Later, a friend confessed that she had bowed her head but did not pray. I nodded and smiled but kept quiet about my own behavior.

If there is ever a next time, my advice is to neither bow your head nor leave the room. Even if someone does notice, I doubt they will dare say a word.

Now one thing I am incredibly stubborn about. I never "agree to disagree". Ever. We disagree. Period. and that is fine with me. :)

I believe ALL religion should feel free to be on display everywhere at all times.
OK. We disagree.

But I never said all religion should not be on display, just that non-sectarian organizations should not sanction on particular religion over another, and ask all present to pray to that particular religion - especially when it violates their beliefs.

I don't know if this will help you, but recently I was with a group of people of all beliefs when we were asked to bow our heads to pray for everyone to be more aware and sensitive of climate change. That is another hot-topic issue with me, and I wasn't about to participate. Everyone else bowed their heads, so no one even noticed me and what I was not doing. Later, a friend confessed that she had bowed her head but did not pray. I nodded and smiled but kept quiet about my own behavior.

If there is ever a next time, my advice is to neither bow your head nor leave the room. Even if someone does notice, I doubt they will dare say a word.
It’s actually not the same thing. Praying for everyone to be more aware of climate change does not violate G-d’s commandment to me.

But here’s what I do when I have been invited to a Christian event - a wedding, a funeral - and I suspect they might have a Mass in which I will be asked to kneel to Jesus, which is even worse from the Jewish perspective: I sit in the back row. That way, when everyone kneels and I’m standing, it won’t be so conspicuous.

But that is very different from an employer, in an organization unrelated to religion, to officially sanction one religion over all others.

But here’s what I do when I have been invited to a Christian event - a wedding, a funeral - and I suspect they might have a Mass in which I will be asked to kneel to Jesus, which is even worse from the Jewish perspective: I sit in the back row. That way, when everyone kneels and I’m standing, it won’t be so conspicuous.
There are plenty of atheists in my family. Sometimes at such events more than half our pew (or two) remain seated. It's not a big deal. But then, it has been that way all my life, so seeing someone at any Mass not kneeling is not unusual. Once, a Christian of another denomination attended Mass with me. she didn't kneel either because she saw it as a Catholic thing and she was not Catholic.

Kneeling has great meaning and symbolism for Catholics. For others it doesn't. Again, not a problem.

Much a do about nothing. Christmas without the physical trappings is still Christmas. Those who judge any of it do so out of lack of the true meaning of it all. That meaning? That's up to you. For me it is about the Lord but I have no need to force my views on anyone else. Yes we buy presents, yes we have a tree, yes we pig out, but that's us. I have friends who have lost their families for taking it all too far. He couldn't do a tree because yes it came from a pagan tradition and by god there would be no pagan traditions in his godly house hold. He ended up divorced and alone.

It’s actually not the same thing. Praying for everyone to be more aware of climate change does not violate G-d’s commandment to me.
I see insincere or meaningless prayer as a violation. Again, God knows what is in my heart. "Climate Change" has been going on for eons. I have no belief that government is going to solve anything, but leave it to them to try to convince the populace it is a problem that collecting and throwing their money at will solve.

the fact is no one knows anything about an event that occurred 30 years prior for an individual that had only 3 years of notoriety for which no timely records are found of that individuals existence much less what happened, when or where 30 years earlier for their unceremonious unrecorded birth.

Interestingly had never heard about even tiniest mocking of Hanukkah or smallest attack on Ramadan by western satanist freemasonic MS 'media' and corrupted lying trash aka 'politicians'
Only Christmas and Christians are target

(Ezekiel Loseke, Headline USA) The mainstream media rag, The Atlantic, is boasting about the fall of Christmas in the warming kulturkampf.
The Atlantic story, entitled “The War on Christmas is Winning: The holiday is becoming a less religious occasion for millions of Americans,” is unusual because it is honest about the war on Christmas.
Much more common is the standard leftist denial of a cultural conflict over Christmas like the Huffington Post ran a few days ago.
The Atlantic, unsurprisingly, gives some credence to the standard leftist skepticism.
“[Liberals] are right that there’s no coordinated push to downplay the holiday or its religious roots, but conservatives aren’t reacting to nothing,” it wrote.
“Christmas is becoming less of a religious holiday for millions of people,” it continued. “If a war on Christmas exists, it’s gaining ground in a long battle of attrition.”
The Atlantic notes that 93% of Americans celebrated Christmas in 2019. While that number is down 3% from 1996, it proves Americans still love celebrating Christmas.
However, The Atlantic shows that the ways Americans celebrate Christmas are rapidly secularizing.
In 2005, 47% of Americans classified their Christmas celebrations as “strongly religious,” but in 2019, that number dropped to 35%, according to a Gallop poll.
Almost 75% of Americans accepted public Christmas displays in 2014, but in 2017 the number dropped to 66%, according to a Pew poll.
Even saying the word Christmas is falling out of fashion. In 2005 about half of Americans cared that people wished them a Merry Christmas, but in 2017 only 32% preferred Merry Christmas, whereas over half of Americans said they didn’t care.
Season’s greetings vary within America. Over sixty percent of Americans living in the West and East coasts prefer “happy holidays,” 51% of Southerners prefer “Merry Christmas,” while 65% of the Midwest prefers “Merry Christmas.”
Overall, The Atlantic has admitted that cultural conservatives were correct. The secularization of America has led to the decline in traditional American values, especially Christianity.

The smug acknowledgment and celebration of the death of Christmas may be only the beginning of secularist escalations in the culture war.

Santa is winning the War on Christmas

No contest

Santa Klaus!

hitler_sant.jpg

Forum List

Back