Christmas is So Offensive

Jewish name, obviously.

Wonder if Miriam or Hannah also offends her too ?!

which is the "jewish name" Everhart?. I am fascinated-----I am jewish-------why are you afraid to say "what you are"?
To answer your question, I am 50% German, 25% Greek, and 25% Scottish Keltic, according to Ancestry-dot-com. And Roman Catholic by faith group. We have been persecuting Jews for centuries. it all started with Constantine and the Catholic Bishops in the 4th Century A.D. in reprisal for Jewish persecution of the early Christians at Jerusalem and the Roman Empire.

Tit for tat.

We persecuted Mooseleems during the Crusades as well.

They were supposed to teach you all that in your Hebrew schools.

Maybe they left it out or only told you half of the story.

Jewish news is always jaded pro-jewish and leaves out half of the story.

I do support The Jewish State in Israel however because there has to be a place where Jews can go to escape persecution.

This thread is about persecution of Xmas however, not Jews.

Jewish name, obviously.

which is the "jewish name" Everhart?. I am fascinated-----I am jewish-------why are you afraid to say "what you are"?
While you are at it can you find out if Everhart is jewish themself?

As long as we are going to start Xmas bashing and Jew bashing in reprisal for Xmas bashing we might as well get our facts straight.

The Washington Post gave audience to Ruth Everhart who said that the Virgin Mary, the mother of Jesus, offended her. Why? Well her reason for being offended started off as a claim that the virgin part about Mary was offensive because rape victims could no longer obtain virgin status. But then, if you read further into her statements, the offended lashes out at the church and the “patriarchs” for, as she alleged, making “vaginas inherently dirty” and says that attempting to protect ones virginity until marriage won’t work and was what she called, “the idol of sexual purity.” full article at Christmas Is So Offensive - Resistance Feed

This is a good article on the issue of everyone being offended by absolutely anything and trying to get political points or even change laws because they are "offended." Yet if a Christian is offended by something, they are called "intolerant." Funny how that works.
Wonder if she's offended by mohammed?

Jewish name, obviously.

From the article:
Our culture of purity celebrates the Virgin Mary. As a rape victim, that hurts me.
This opinion piece is by the Rev. Ruth Everhart, a pastor and the author of two spiritual memoirs.

Church culture tends to be fixated on sexual purity year-round, but during Advent, I’m tempted to blame it on the Virgin Mary. After all, she set an impossibly high bar. Now the rest of us are stuck trying to be both a virgin and a mother at the same time. It does not seem to matter that this is biologically impossible. Can you at least try?

I’ll speak for myself. I was raised in the church and taught to be a good girl, by which I mean obedient, quiet and sexually pure. That worked reasonably well until I was 20. During my senior year of college, my housemates and I were the victims of a home invasion. The intruders held us for hours and took turns raping us at gunpoint. The next year of our lives revolved around the criminal-justice system.

Of course, I was traumatized. But what was harder to describe — and more long-lasting — was how the crime became bound up in a sense of sexual shame. I wondered constantly: Did I somehow deserve to be raped? Had the rape ruined me irreparably? Both questions seemed inevitable. After all, what is the opposite of being sexually pure? Sustaining irremediable damage. Being ruined.

Decades of being a wife taught me healing touch and faithful love. Decades of being a pastor taught me to wrestle with scripture, where some women were healed by Jesus, and others were torn limb from limb. Decades of being the mother of daughters made me want to pass along the lessons that are so hard to articulate — that I want you to be modest and good, yes, but also confident in your own skin.

The world still needs to hear from Mary. What Mary gives us is the gospel — not a gospel of sanitized sexuality, but the gospel of incarnation. Or as it says in John: “The Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen His glory.”

The "war on Christmas" is really just a battle in the larger war on Christianity. Guess who is behind it?

Goddamn I'm surprised these fragile libs manage to get out of bed on their own.

hqdefault.jpg
MICRO-AGGRESSION!

Im offended.

Take it down!

How dare you be offensive!

The "war on Christmas" is really just a battle in the larger war on Christianity. Guess who is behind it?

Please . Give me an example of this "war". It's usually some religious freak trying to impose Xmas on the rest of us .

The Washington Post gave audience to Ruth Everhart who said that the Virgin Mary, the mother of Jesus, offended her. Why? Well her reason for being offended started off as a claim that the virgin part about Mary was offensive because rape victims could no longer obtain virgin status. But then, if you read further into her statements, the offended lashes out at the church and the “patriarchs” for, as she alleged, making “vaginas inherently dirty” and says that attempting to protect ones virginity until marriage won’t work and was what she called, “the idol of sexual purity.” full article at Christmas Is So Offensive - Resistance Feed

This is a good article on the issue of everyone being offended by absolutely anything and trying to get political points or even change laws because they are "offended." Yet if a Christian is offended by something, they are called "intolerant." Funny how that works.

I'll just put this here, haha:

Forum List

Back