Do you vote your faith?

• Yes, I always vote my faith

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • I vote my faith on some issues

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I never vote my faith

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
What part of "A talking snake is the reason that God expelled humans from paradise" is based on logic or reason? How about the man-goat living in the Earth's core? What part of Lucifer, a fallen angel with the upper torso of a human male and the lower body of a goat, is based on science, logic, or reason?

No, people cannot vote their faith and vote with logic and reason for the simple fact that they have faith in something that is entirely illogical.

I'm going to try to post a poll but I've never done it so bear with me.

The question is, do you vote your faith?

1. Yes, I always vote my faith
2. I vote my faith on some issues (clarify)
3. I never vote my faith and only use reason and logic in the voting booth

What is that supposed to mean? The US government is secular.

The voters aren't.

She left the poll ambiguous so she could use it to whatever purpose she has in mind.

And encouraged non-Christians to participate....

It's not a great plan, but hey, this is SW we're talking about. She's not the most brilliant dyke on the block.

Well, maybe on THIS block, she's the brightest, but if we extend the borders just a little..not so much.

It's also private. What do you think I could "use" it for?

What part of "A talking snake is the reason that God expelled humans from paradise" is based on logic or reason? How about the man-goat living in the Earth's core? What part of Lucifer, a fallen angel with the upper torso of a human male and the lower body of a goat, is based on science, logic, or reason?

No, people cannot vote their faith and vote with logic and reason for the simple fact that they have faith in something that is entirely illogical.

Well if we were to base our entire point of view to look not further than it's symbolic interpretation, then equivocally people would be feeling their decision basically comes down to merely choosing whether to have an elephant or a jackass represent them. I'm not so sure most people would be willing to be that superficial.

Your premise is flawed right from the start. You're implying that 'reason and logic' and 'faith' are mutually exclusive when in fact they're anything but. I use my 'reason and logic' to guide me in my faith. I think everyone on the planet that has faith in something, whether it's in God, a parent, the government, etc... uses reason and logic to determine whether to place faith in whatever they decide to believe in. You have a 'belief system' of some kind, even if it's not based on any religious principles, so to assume or imply that your belief system, whatever it may be, is based on 'reason and logic' while others are not is not only condescending, but also very short sighted.

Absolutely - I have no faith in liberalism so I always vote against it!

Exactly! Everyone has faith in something, to imply that theirs is based in 'reason and logic' and others are not is naive and short sighted.

Your premise is flawed right from the start. You're implying that 'reason and logic' and 'faith' are mutually exclusive when in fact they're anything but. I use my 'reason and logic' to guide me in my faith. I think everyone on the planet that has faith in something, whether it's in God, a parent, the government, etc... uses reason and logic to determine whether to place faith in whatever they decide to believe in. You have a 'belief system' of some kind, even if it's not based on any religious principles, so to assume or imply that your belief system, whatever it may be, is based on 'reason and logic' while others are not is not only condescending, but also very short sighted.

Didn't read through the thread did you? I already acknowledged that logic and faith do not have to be antagonistic and apologized...which is why the actual poll questions removed that statement.

Didn't read through the thread did you? I already acknowledged that logic and faith do not have to be antagonistic and apologized...which is why the actual poll questions removed that statement.

Then why does your question remain in the format that gives exactly that message? You don't know how to edit it?

Exactly! Everyone has faith in something, to imply that theirs is based in 'reason and logic' and others are not is naive and short sighted.

To be honest, anyone who believes in God and votes based upon anything to do with that god is not using logic or reason.

She left the poll ambiguous so she could use it to whatever purpose she has in mind.

And encouraged non-Christians to participate....

It's not a great plan, but hey, this is SW we're talking about. She's not the most brilliant dyke on the block.

Well, maybe on THIS block, she's the brightest, but if we extend the borders just a little..not so much.

It's also private. What do you think I could "use" it for?

I meant here on the board. I already know it's useless.

To be honest, anyone who believes in God and votes based upon anything to do with that god is not using logic or reason.

You're welcome to your opinion, most however, don't share it. In my opinion, people like you show a lack of understanding and comprehension about those different from you. The fact that you don't believe in God means that everyone should be just like you, right? Perhaps you don't have the mental capacity or intellect to understand religious belief? When someone such as yourself has the answers to all of the riddles of the universe, then perhaps you'll get my attention, until then, you are no more knowledgable about the origin or reasoning behind human existance than anyone else.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

And the far left propaganda trumps facts.

So, it sounds like you are a #2.

So, it sounds like you are a #2.

Whatever makes you happy, Bodie. Everyone doesn't fit into nice, neat little boxes, one would think you'd already know that. ;)

If you don't vote your faith, you're a hypocrite, if you do, you're illogical.

Nice poll.

The entire premise of science is that a theory can be disproved with enough facts. Each time throughout history the great scientists have a theory they are proven wrong over time and their perspective changes on how they view the world. There is always another piece of information missing that leads to greater understanding for mankind. Just because someone has a belief system that goes outside the spectrum of what people who already claim they can be proven wrong and don't know everything doesn't make believing in it illogical. Religion and science can coexist and help us understand our religion and our world more, yet the zealots that can't admit basic facts like animal traits changing over time or people such as yourself (I'm assuming based on your post) that believe anything that falls outside your range of understanding is simply the dream of idiots. Here are things going on which science can't explain, and until they do my faith is firm that there is a higher power at work beyond the interpretation of our five senses.

You're welcome to your opinion, most however, don't share it. In my opinion, people like you show a lack of understanding and comprehension about those different from you. The fact that you don't believe in God means that everyone should be just like you, right? Perhaps you don't have the mental capacity or intellect to understand religious belief? When someone such as yourself has the answers to all of the riddles of the universe, then perhaps you'll get my attention, until then, you are no more knowledgable about the origin or reasoning behind human existance than anyone else.

You're right. I don't have all the answers or know everything about the origin of human existence. But I also know there is no logic or reasoning behind believing that there is an invisible man in the sky who watches everything I do. There is sure as shit no logic or reasoning involved in swallowing that steaming pile of faith.

All people vote based on their moral beliefs which can be logical or illogical. That doesn't mean moral beliefs can be scientifically proven.

The stories used to help develop their morality are fairly immaterial. The historical truth even less so.

Forum List

Back