Do you vote your faith?

• Yes, I always vote my faith

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • I vote my faith on some issues

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I never vote my faith

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
She left the poll ambiguous so she could use it to whatever purpose she has in mind.

And encouraged non-Christians to participate....

It's not a great plan, but hey, this is SW we're talking about. She's not the most brilliant dyke on the block.

Well, maybe on THIS block, she's the brightest, but if we extend the borders just a little..not so much.

Bzzz wrong. You don't know much about Christianity, do you?

You know less about Christianity than I did when I thought I knew everything.

Possibly. I don't waste my time with fairy tales and people that have been dead for thousands of years.

But I am still pretty sure Jesus was no capitalist.

Since the specific argument was about the pope, not Jesus, I don't see the point of your argument.

I have faith that the Right will manage to nominate for the Republican ticket someone even worse than Bush II, Palin,and Mitt next presidential election, so, of course, I have to vote democratic. I believe that they are going to continue to go even further downhill, unless the Repub. fat cats rein them in.

I wonder how the White House would look with a giant neon "TRUMP" sign on it?

Just another leftist thread looking to take shots at Christianity. Nothing to see here folks!

Not pot shots...seeking understanding.

yes they do. When asked on another site, most had in this order, Bible, constitution, country.

They feel the Bible trumps Constitution Law. For good Or bad this is what most believe.

You think your personal moral code trumps constitutional law too, what's your point?

I would never vote for the party that is obstinately pro-abortion with no exceptions. I also would never vote for the party that despises economic freedom and individual initiative.

This is based on both faith and reason.

I have faith that the Right will manage to nominate for the Republican ticket someone even worse than Bush II, Palin,and Mitt next presidential election, so, of course, I have to vote democratic. I believe that they are going to continue to go even further downhill, unless the Repub. fat cats rein them in.

I wonder how the White House would look with a giant neon "TRUMP" sign on it?

Awesome

She left the poll ambiguous so she could use it to whatever purpose she has in mind.

It's not a great plan, but hey, this is SW we're talking about. She's not the most brilliant dyke on the block.

Well, maybe on THIS block, she's the brightest, but if we extend the borders just a little..not so much.

learning is EVIL!!!1

I'm going to try to post a poll but I've never done it so bear with me.

The question is, do you vote your faith?

1. Yes, I always vote my faith
2. I vote my faith on some issues (clarify)
3. I never vote my faith and only use reason and logic in the voting booth

Are you saying that reason and logic cannot go hand and hand with ones faith?

How is that poll "ambiguous"? Aren't you allowed to say things like "mostly, but not in ________conditions" or "sometimes, it depends on the issue"?

Why do you avoid it?

Oh...my answer...as for me, NO...I don't faith...I vote based on facts and political leanings. For example...voting for the guy who supports CIVIL gay marriage isn't a faith issue. Taxes...not a faith issue.

Now....let the trap spring shut! :D

The poll is ambiguous because it's vague, is interpreted differently by different people, and SW has refused to clarify it for exactly that reason.

Just another leftist thread looking to take shots at Christianity. Nothing to see here folks!

Not pot shots...seeking understanding.

Bullshit, if that were the case you wouldn't have included option 3. I never vote my faith and only use reason and logic in the voting booth, implying voting your faith couldn't possibly include any reason or logic.

No, we vote contrary to our faith.

Whuddya think?

No shite, right?

Seawytch will no doubt be stunned to learn that faith and religious convictions actually continue within the soul after it walks out of the Sunday sermon and onto the secular streets of life.

In the privacy of the voting booth? No, then suddenly devout christians abandon their faith and become satanists!...lol...

I'm going to try to post a poll but I've never done it so bear with me.

The question is, do you vote your faith?

1. Yes, I always vote my faith
2. I vote my faith on some issues (clarify)
3. I never vote my faith and only use reason and logic in the voting booth

With regard to a presidential candidate my primary focus is not on whether or not they can satisfy a particular set of beliefs, if they even share a personal conviction at all. Although having a strong core value with regard to family and how they treat others is important, I find that even the very best of intentions might not be what this nation is really looking for. Convictions should be found within the character of how one lives, demonstrated in the actions of how they treat others particularly those who don't happen to share in their point of view, and should never be forced.

Character, and a faith that's demonstrated through a common "respect" in desiring to work through differences, is very important. However, we must not also lose sight of their qualifications to fulfill that leadership role as well. We have allowed our elections to become superficial, as if satisfying a personal checklist of faith based beliefs should be the most important goal, while losing sight of the JOB they are to fulfill and if they are even qualified to perform it. That in itself, would be as wise as electing an individual strictly on the basis of seeing a new historical moment unfold before you. When we look to ANYTHING other than an emphasis built on what experience they can bring to the table, for the benefit of the nation as a whole, we the people will find ourselves suffering for it.

Your faith or Religion, which the OP didn't clarify, is part of your Ideals as a person. So it's going to be a part of your reasoning to vote for a particular candidate.............

But even if the candidate has a Religious faith similar to yours, doesn't mean you agree with his political agenda...................

So let's say you have two candidates where one is a Christian and the other is an Atheist. The Christian is from the Jack Ass Party in this example. Wants to raise taxes to pay for more Gov't funded programs but ignores the fact that we are broke already and it's stupid to add more debt by creating new programs. So I'm sitting here, thinking, HEY JACK ASS we are BROKE. Are you stupid or something...........So while he may be a Christian, and we share some beliefs but do not share beliefs in Gov't............

Now the Atheist, and in this example he's an Atheist............ He believes in less Gov't, and wants to stop incurring debt................Wants fiscal responsibility.................

Now I'm forced to vote for the lesser of 2 evils...............I don't agree with either candidate.......One because he's an Atheist and I'm concerned the Idiot might sacrifice chickens on an alter at his office and the other that is going to tax us to death to make new programs when we are already broke.................

So, I hold my nose and vote for the Atheist because he's the lesser of 2 evils...........At the same time I advice him on how to cook the dang chicken in a crock pot after he sacrifices the chicken on his alter...............Recipes online for cooking the chicken................

I didn't answer the poll, as it's a baited thread..............I didn't get to vote for someone I really agreed with..............But I was forced to make a vote based on the lesser of 2 evils.........I didn't really like either candidate...........And later someone will tell me I'm screwed up for voting for the Atheist.............Because that's just politics and to some the actual facts never matter.........

Which is also why rules for Radicals is BS..........Because they only believe in the outcome, and don't care whether they have to LIE, CHEAT, OR STEAL TO GET THEIR WAY..............

And whatever........................

Forum List

Back