Do you vote your faith?

• Yes, I always vote my faith

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • I vote my faith on some issues

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I never vote my faith

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
Religion is personal.. and if we had a state religion, then it would be political..

If I want to give or have social influence, I do that personally...

It is not inherently 'Christian' to protect innocent life.. though my stance against abortion in all areas except the health of the mother is screamed by those on the left as being 'Christian'

I can vote or stand against government forced participation in welfare yet still personally support giving and charity.. for nothing in Christianity advocates confiscation for your personal charitable givings

This is a bullshit thread

I'm going to try to post a poll but I've never done it so bear with me.

The question is, do you vote your faith?

1. Yes, I always vote my faith
2. I vote my faith on some issues (clarify)
3. I never vote my faith and only use reason and logic in the voting booth

I always try to vote my faith and values. That does not mean that logic and reason are somehow opposite. I vote for people who promote peace and diplomatic solutions over war. I vote for people who want to feed the hungry, heal the sick, care for the infirm, and house the homeless. I vote for people who want to benefit all Americans, not just the select few. I vote for people who want to extend freedom and liberty, not those who wish to deny it.

Just another leftist thread looking to take shots at Christianity. Nothing to see here folks!

I am a Christian--and a Reagan fiscal conservative--and I know that social issues belong in the church--and not politics.

You cannot mandate -the personal behavior or your version of morality onto others from Washington D.C.

The more you try--the more you offend women--gays and Hispanics-- two of which are the largest voting blocks in this country today.

And when you lose elections--you gain absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
I have yet to hear a Christian make any claims about which party would be endorsed by Christ.

Allow me to enlighten you with some words from Pat Robertson:

I think George Bush is going to win in a walk. I really believe I'm hearing from the Lord it's going to be like a blowout election in 2004. It's shaping up that way. The Lord has just blessed him.

It's the anti-Christians that like to pretend he is political.

Did you see that time Hannity had the Reverend Franklin Graham (Billy's son) on his program and tried in vain to get the reverend to state which party Jesus would belong to? It was classic.

Graham refused to take the bait, so Hannity finally said, "He's no Democrat, Reverend."

I have yet to hear a Christian make any claims about which party would be endorsed by Christ.

I think George Bush is going to win in a walk. I really believe I'm hearing from the Lord it's going to be like a blowout election in 2004. It's shaping up that way. The Lord has just blessed him.

Did you see that time Hannity had the Reverend Franklin Graham (Billy's son) on his program and tried in vain to get the reverend to state which party Jesus would belong to? It was classic.

Graham refused to take the bait, so Hannity finally said, "He's no Democrat, Reverend."

"Tried in vain".

"Tried in vain".
:lol:

Religion is personal.. and if we had a state religion, then it would be political..

If I want to give or have social influence, I do that personally...

It is not inherently 'Christian' to protect innocent life.. though my stance against abortion in all areas except the health of the mother is screamed by those on the left as being 'Christian'

I can vote or stand against government forced participation in welfare yet still personally support giving and charity.. for nothing in Christianity advocates confiscation for your personal charitable givings

This is a bullshit thread

They do that, label any opposing view to theirs as being based on religion, so that they can legally fight it as a 'separation of church and state' issue. If it's just your moral views versus their moral views, then they have nothing on which to stand to fight your moral views from a legal standpoint. As soon as they can tie your morals to a 'religion', then they can just throw them all out. They seem to think that as long as their morals aren't based on religious principles, then it's okay to shove them down everyone else's throat via legal fiat, cause it's just 'different' somehow then. They're hyprocrits of the first order.

Just another leftist thread looking to take shots at Christianity. Nothing to see here folks!

I am a Christian--and a Reagan fiscal conservative--and I know that social issues belong in the church--and not politics.

You cannot mandate -the personal behavior or your version of morality onto others from Washington D.C.

The more you try--the more you offend women--gays and Hispanics-- two of which are the largest voting blocks in this country today.

And when you lose elections--you gain absolutely nothing.

What you say is absolutely true. What doesn't get brought up is that the left is just as guilty of pushing their version of morality onto others from D.C. as the 'religious right' is, yet that goes ignored. Every time they want to 'tax the rich' to give out more welfare, they're imposing their morals onto others, when they tax coal because of 'global warming' to push electric bills higher, they're pushing their morals, when they force everyone in the country to buy health care and mandate that via law, they're pushing their morals onto everyone. In fact, in recent times, they are far more guilty of pushing their moral agenda than anyone else in Washington.

Forum List

Back