Chinese State Run Media says China Ready to use Force Against US.

Taiwan first, then the rest of the world if china gets their way.
I'd consider Taiwan like Alsace-Lorraine. Folks are being just a little hyperbolic here. And? IMO, they are making some pretty big assumptions about Chinese intentions.

OTH? I have noted a shift in the posture of the government of the Philippines, which is good.

If the Chinese seize Taiwan, it will force all regional players closer together, and that will, inevitably, be the last straw, and the furthest extent of their expansion. I have no doubt.

It will force the Japanese to rearm, the Chinese will not like that one bit. That will take a lot of economic pressure off of America, and other regional players.

Why? What indications, anywhere, make you bleev they have designs on anything other than Chinese sphere of influence?

{Over the last two decades, China has established a significant economic presence in most African countries. Its lucrative economic investment package, flexible political approach, and focused big-ticket development projects under the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) provide an ostensibly massive opportunity to African countries. However, the unilateral nature of the initiative, the lack of transparency and accountability to African countries, and the absence of projects that directly benefit locals have raised suspicions and fuelled local resentment. There are increasing instances of African countries cancelling or postponing BRI projects over rising debt concerns. This brief discusses the nature of the BRI, specifically in the African continent, and its advantages and disadvantages for the host countries.}

Sometimes I question your critical thinking skills, I really do...

This thread relates to US interference, or allegations of interference in Taiwan and so isn't being discussed elsewhere.
I interpret as a strong statement from China that was predictable.
Both America and China will likely have an opportunity to demonstrate their resolve.

I would only suggest that the decisions are most likely above Biden's ability and his pay grade, so to speak.

Both sides have reached the pinnacle of Cold War rhetoric that is equal to that of the previous Cold War.
They saw how "we" handled Afghanistan. They smell weakness

They won't need to go to war with us to achieve that. They're playing the long game.
A pretty good discussion here nonetheless. The forum needed a more sane revival this morning, than what was going on.

Hopefully it can graduate away from the silly attempts to fight an armchair war with China, into analysis of strategies?

You're trying to fight an armchair war and I'm not interested.
But one point of interest is your comment on H.K. It's entirely unrealistic to expect China to entertain any attempts of H.K. separating from China.
Anyone who is aware of the history of how H.K. became a British colony would understand that!

Why China has demonstrated any goodwill at all is a mind boggling question! It won't continue for much longer as the political climate deteriorates!
LOL

Good will of China. They are threatening to take Taiwan by force. Hong Kong was a lease. Huge differences. Another big difference is that we have agreements with Taiwan and didn't with Hong Kong. That was Britains problem.

We have Japan, South Korea, and the Phillipines on our side here. Vietnam. not sure. We are not alone. Time to make a Pact between these and be prepared back it up with force. I was stationed in Japan a long time ago. It takes a lot to piss off the Japanese to threaten War with China over this.

Saber rattling is expected given the weak fool we have in the White House. China knows that their democrat lackeys will be driven from power next year, they must move fast to secure a surrender from puppet Biden before Republicans have enough power to stand up to them.

Just in case you have forgotten, Biden will be the president for another 3 years. Mid terms might give you a warm inner glow but he doesn't lose office. Idiot.

As with the USSR under Carter, the military prowess of China is absurdly inflated. A serious engagement with the USA is not something China can win.

Really? Don't be so foolish to think they have not enough military. They have the advantage of home soil and close proximity. Because you hate China, it doesn't make them weak.
In fact, is say you know nothing about their military because they don't announce everything to the world like America does. They shut their mouth and give everyone a surprise.

I'd consider Taiwan like Alsace-Lorraine. Folks are being just a little hyperbolic here. And? IMO, they are making some pretty big assumptions about Chinese intentions.

OTH? I have noted a shift in the posture of the government of the Philippines, which is good.

If the Chinese seize Taiwan, it will force all regional players closer together, and that will, inevitably, be the last straw, and the furthest extent of their expansion. I have no doubt.

It will force the Japanese to rearm, the Chinese will not like that one bit. That will take a lot of economic pressure off of America, and other regional players.
If they seize Taiwan they will threaten the Sea Lanes in the Straits of Taiwan which is a threat to international Trade. This would also put China right next to the Phillippines. They aren't happy either.

We need ANOTHER REAGAN. Don't see one lately.

Actually, they are building a blue water navy specifically to do just that.
The nature of their navy is much more defensive minded, while showing some emphasis on the need for aircraft carriers that make them capable in their broader sphere of influence.

And fwiw, I would suggest that aircraft carriers are becoming close to redundant, considering how easy it will be to eliminate them.

Unstoppable super sonic ballistic missiles from space is the new warfare in a global conflict.
Possibly right down the funnel of the enemy's carrier.

You're trying to fight an armchair war and I'm not interested.

I'm not fighting any war.

I'm pointing out that we have the knowledge of history to guide us. We've seen this situation before.

But one point of interest is your comment on H.K. It's entirely unrealistic to expect China to entertain any attempts of H.K. separating from China.

A treaty was in place detailing how Hong Kong was to be treated. The CCP violated that treaty and crushed Hong Kong using biological weapons that were then turned on us.

Anyone who is aware of the history of how H.K. became a British colony would understand that!

Why China has demonstrated any goodwill at all is a mind boggling question! It won't continue for much longer as the political climate deteriorates!

China, good will?

:rofl:

The nature of their navy is much more defensive minded, while showing some emphasis on the need for aircraft carriers that make them capable in their broader sphere of influence.

And fwiw, I would suggest that aircraft carriers are becoming close to redundant, considering how easy it will be to eliminate them.

Unstoppable super sonic ballistic missiles from space is the new warfare in a global conflict.
Possibly right down the funnel of the enemy's carrier.

No it isn't. A bluewater navy is specifically to project power. It has nothing to do with defense.

China had a defensive navy for decades. Not any longer. Now they are building an offensive one.

So are the Chinese pure and unadulterated evil or something? You seem to have very realistic views.

China has no good will. They are at war with the world right now. The covid attack is merely the first round.

Wait for the next bio weapon to be launched.

It sure as hell implies it. I don't want War anymore than you do but we can't allow them to do this. Because they will just be emboldened to do more. The Taiwan Strait is a KEY Seaway for the region that must be maintained. Allowing China to take Taiwan would be a threat to that Sea Lane and the Phillipines which we have a Pact with if they are attacked.

It's not just us on this. It's Taiwan, Phillipines, Vietnam, South Korea, and Japan. All are ticked at China.

Best thing we could do now would to get all those together and sign a pact against China such as NATO in Europe.
I sympathize, I really do.

But I honestly see China's side on this, and it is a murky issue. If the rest of the world stood with us? Then, we might have a case, but there aren't any nations with us on this issue. Taiwan has always been part of China. The nationalists lost the war. We can parse all we want, and say they are now two nations, but this is not our fight, it is a domestic issue that THEY need to resolve, preferably peacefully. . . but, if they can't, the best we can do, is sell the side we are on, weapons, and stay out of it.

The time to stand up? SHOULD HAVE BEEN TIBET.

So I don't really care to hear about your platitudes now. . . I am a person of integrity. And your arguments don't have any, they come from expediency, and from the propaganda you hear on your TEE VEE and your social media. The military industrial complex want this, the people? They do not.

TIBET was a sovereign nation. . . Why the hell did we not do anything then? Huh, tell me? WHY? Because it made no strategic sense, and no one cared enough.

I know all the regional players are pissed, but it doesn't matter, Taiwan is part of China, and it is none of the GD business.

Does Japan recognize Taiwan? Does Vietnam recognize Taiwan? How about the Philippines or South Korea?

Why not?

:dunno:

If none of these nations care to stand up for Taiwan, if practically NO ONE at the UN cares to. . . Why the hell should we?

Really? Don't be so foolish to think they have not enough military. They have the advantage of home soil and close proximity. Because you hate China, it doesn't make them weak.
In fact, is say you know nothing about their military because they don't announce everything to the world like America does. They shut their mouth and give everyone a surprise.

I heard the same shit from you fools under Carter.

You always root for and hype up the enemy of America.

LOL

Good will of China. They are threatening to take Taiwan by force. Hong Kong was a lease. Huge differences. Another big difference is that we have agreements with Taiwan and didn't with Hong Kong. That was Britains problem.

We have Japan, South Korea, and the Phillipines on our side here. Vietnam. not sure. We are not alone. Time to make a Pact between these and be prepared back it up with force. I was stationed in Japan a long time ago. It takes a lot to piss off the Japanese to threaten War with China over this.
America needs moral authority on it's side and so does China. It's an open question but I suspect that if nuclear war threatens then the world is going to take a close look at America's track record.

As will the world on China's track record, as relates to the Uighur question.

Recently the question has arisen on 'who said' that China has a million Uighurs locked up in prison camps.
The answer is, the US state department say so. China maintains it's just not so and they are justifiably fighting against Islamic terrorism.

How can we find of for sure?

Forum List

Back