Chinese State Run Media says China Ready to use Force Against US.

Speaking of India, given heightened tensions with Russia. . . I found this an interesting development. . .

:auiqs.jpg:

maxresdefault.jpg

India is with BRICS in alliance against the dollar. We also screwed them by backing Pakistan over India. Would be nice if they were on our side but I don't think so.

What makes you believe they would be, "slaughtered?"

You talk about the Chinese as if they were inhuman monsters. Why? :eusa_think:

Perhaps the Chinese would round the Taiwanese up and put them in ovens too. . . that it?
Now you go to Drama Land. You think if they attack they aren't going to pound Taiwan like a tent stake. Of course they are going to do that. Unless Taiwan surrenders and gets on their knees.

I don't see that and China has a history of abusing it's people.

Not worth the trouble.
Perhaps not, however, Taiwan is a US ally and the US needs to improve its record with allies; a good time to start would be now. Friction is building due to the actions and rhetoric coming from CCP via state media. We always have to include the power of the press initiating wars. China’s abuses on a US ally, Taiwan, have been increasing since the change of leadership in Taiwan several years back. Due to a global market, the United States does better to have allies and trade partners throughout the world. China prefers we only have China, and that is it’s current purpose to dominate all trade. What a nightmare if one country, any country imo, controls all facets of global trade.

The Chinese aren't stupid. In fact they're probably smarter than we are. There's not going to be a war unless we start it.
Top 5 countries averaged IQ: Singapore, Hong Kong, Tiawan, South Korea, Japan. China places 6th, reportedly.

............... and it is designed to dissuade Taiwan from a unilateral declaration of independence, and to dissuade the PRC from unilaterally unifying Taiwan with the PRC.
The key word is UNILATERALLY.

It usually is really, and was on the Crimea too. The end result on Ukraine will probably be the same.

This thread relates to US interference, or allegations of interference in Taiwan and so isn't being discussed elsewhere.
I interpret as a strong statement from China that was predictable.
Both America and China will likely have an opportunity to demonstrate their resolve.

I would only suggest that the decisions are most likely above Biden's ability and his pay grade, so to speak.

Both sides have reached the pinnacle of Cold War rhetoric that is equal to that of the previous Cold War.
The permastate's wanted this war for decades.

Only World War III can save the Democrats.

Do the math.

I doubt China is willing to attack the biggest buyer of its manufactured goods. The true Achilles heel of China is the Straight of Hormuz where the majority of their oil comes from, it could be shut down by US forces in a matter of a few hours.

Do the math.
I can see some logic on the Dems ratcheting up the rhetoric on being prowar against China but I can't see it getting any hotter than that in the case of China.

And I have perceived Biden's attempts to de-escalate and try to find some common ground with China's ambitions.
But of course his domestic popularity depends on him needing to appear tough.

I doubt China is willing to attack the biggest buyer of its manufactured goods. The true Achilles heel of China is the Straight of Hormuz where the majority of their oil comes from, it could be shut down by US forces in a matter of a few hours.
Think it out before opening you comment Moonglow. As will US oil routes be shut down.

There's never anything to be gained in trying to fight an armchair war.

Think it out before opening you comment Moonglow. As will US oil routes be shut down.

We get the majority of our oil from Canada and Russia. The 2005 US Energy Policy Act was the outline of how the US was going to pursue the existence of military and commercial operations with oil not being available from the Middle East which is why the US has invested in biofuels and alternative energy sources such as green energy.

• The top five sources of U.S. total petroleum (including crude oil) imports by share of total petroleum imports in 2020 were
  • Canada52%
  • Mexico11%
  • Russia7%
  • Saudi Arabia7%
  • Colombia4%

• The top five sources of U.S. crude oil imports by share of total crude oil imports in 2020 were
  • Canada61%
  • Mexico11%
  • Saudi Arabia8%
  • Colombia4%
  • Iraq3%
We import most oil from Canada not the middle east. And if we crank up Fracking again we could be a net exporter of oil.

In regards to Natural Gas we have the largest in the world.

China is screwed on energy without Russia if there is a War.

If Taiwan wanted to join China............they don't.........then China wouldn't need to threaten force now would they?
No, they wouldn't and they haven't.
China's fight so far is against the US interference in Taiwan and the consequences that leads toward.

China's goal has always been a peaceful unification with Taiwan. US influelnce is pushing that toward a war that is premature to China's plans.

China might be forced to move their plans ahead but right now it's just more of a propaganda standoff on both sides.

What has China to lose by standing down?
What has the US to lose by standing down?

Those are the pertinent questions and for that reason I believe it will be settled by diplomacy, rather then the huge expense of either side standing down.

Keep the cards and letter coming eagle, you're making a fairly good contribution to this thread.

Do the math.

Agreed.

Most of the forum has been fooled into believing that China made this COVID on their own, but it was a joint project.

Most of the forum has this belief that the folks pulling the strings of the oligarchs in the US, aren't also pulling the strings of the oligarchs in all the other nations.

Just like WWI, and WWII, these things are mostly orchestrated. . . they know what is going to happen, they just aren't sure of just when and where the exact spark is going to get it lit. None of the ruling oligarchs ever get killed, only their puppets, and of course, the major industries always survive, and the folks in charge always profit.

Hell, IBM which counted and tracked the people going through the holocaust, is responsible for much of the tech for making this conversation happen today. :rolleyes:

Most folks don't really get how any of this happens, and they are in denial about it all. I have tried, but they need to cling to their ideas of their 2D diplomacy, because if we looked at reality in the face, no one would ever participate in any war, ever again.

We get the majority of our oil from Canada and Russia.
Right, but the rest of it isn't applicable. Forget about your armchair war, it only serves to build your own convidence in winning the real thing.

Agreed.

Most of the forum has been fooled into believing that China made this COVID on their own, but it was a joint project.
That's just loony bin Trumper rubbish. Better left unsaid because of the childish spamming it will promote!
Most of the forum has this belief that the folks pulling the strings of the oligarchs in the US, aren't also pulling the strings of the oligarchs in all the other nations.

Just like WWI, and WWII, these things are mostly orchestrated. . . they know what is going to happen, they just aren't sure of just when and where the exact spark is going to get it lit. None of the ruling oligarchs ever get killed, only their puppets, and of course, the major industries always survive, and the folks in charge always profit.
An idea for a great topic to discuss some other time!
Hell, IBM which counted and tracked the people going through the holocaust, is responsible for much of the tech for making this conversation happen today. :rolleyes:
IBM counted? That's too interesting to just skip over. If true then it's over my pay grade.
Most folks don't really get how any of this happens, and they are in denial about it all. I have tried, but they need to cling to their ideas of their 2D diplomacy, because if we looked at reality in the face, no one would ever participate in any war, ever again.
There's always a lot of facts and substance in your posts, even though I can only agree on 'most' of it.
But you're almost the only poster on this topic that I take seriously. Almost!

That's just loony bin Trumper rubbish. Better left unsaid because of the childish spamming it will promote!

An idea for a great topic to discuss some other time!

IBM counted? That's too interesting to just skip over. If true then it's over my pay grade.

There's always a lot of facts and substance in your posts, even though I can only agree on 'most' of it.
But you're almost the only poster on this topic that I take seriously. Almost!
The Holocaust?

IBM was in it up to their eyeballs.

The Holocaust?

IBM was in it up to their eyeballs.
That's an assertion I would be anxious to explore further some time. Right now I'll take it with a grain of salt.
This forum isn't even capable of a discussion on the 'gas ovens' yet.

You won't get any promotion on any of the related topics from me but I will at least encourage that which I deem rational and applicable. As I have with the introduction of IBM.

No, they wouldn't and they haven't.
China's fight so far is against the US interference in Taiwan and the consequences that leads toward.

China's goal has always been a peaceful unification with Taiwan. US influelnce is pushing that toward a war that is premature to China's plans.

China might be forced to move their plans ahead but right now it's just more of a propaganda standoff on both sides.

What has China to lose by standing down?
What has the US to lose by standing down?

Those are the pertinent questions and for that reason I believe it will be settled by diplomacy, rather then the huge expense of either side standing down.

Keep the cards and letter coming eagle, you're making a fairly good contribution to this thread.
It is up to the one invading if this turns into an invasion. That is in China's hands and no where else. Peace Thru Strength is the answer to this. To avoid Wsr you must sometimes threaten War.

That is why we should push for a pact there with Japan. Phillipines. S.korea over this.

Forum List

Back