Catholic Church "cannot bless same sex couples"

Who cares? The Catholic Church doesnt have much high ground to stand on.
A billion Catholics?
Guess i should have said, "who cares besides their followers that support them through every repugnant act they commit?"
Thanks.
You always were one to look at the full distribution. :rolleyes:

What could possibly go wrong in your life with such myopic vision :dunno:
The Catholic Church has done some horrible shit. All through its history.
I repeat, the Catholic Churches atrocities have happened for thousands of years.
You would think that isnt something Catholics would take lightly but they do. It is what it is :dunno:

A billion Catholics?
Guess i should have said, "who cares besides their followers that support them through every repugnant act they commit?"
Thanks.

I repeat, the Catholic Churches atrocities have happened for thousands of years.
You would think that isnt something Catholics would take lightly but they do. It is what it is :dunno:

Now apply the "if they did bad things before they are bad forever" standard to all organizations and see what you have left as "clean"

Since the Catholic Church turned a blind eye to the Holocaust and chose to ignore their priests diddling little kids even after the pedophilia was exposed, I'm not sure their opinion about morals counts for much.

Yet the left will treat any left leaning proclamation by the Church as gospel to rub in the face of anyone not an SJW twat.
I can understand that pointing out the few times your religious leaders admit their hateful flock has gone too far comes as a great shock to you, but you being chided for your normally uncontrolled unethical behavior is certainly worth comment.

As usual you misrepresent my point. You crow about the Church, which you hate, when it can be used against other people you hate, and then revert back to your own hate when they clarify a position they have never changed.
What are you whining about now? I'm not the one who worships a rich guy in a pointy hat who befriends and protects Nazis and pedophiles, and claims to speak for God.

The Pope isn't worshiped, and he isn't wealthy. The Vatican holds the wealth of the Church as an organization, not the Pope.

Try to understand the things you bitch about before you bitch about them.

I see, and he gets no more benefit from that wealth than any other parishioner, right?
The thing I have always liked about watching you argue is how your arguments prove you believe morals are absolute and universal.

Really? Oh please continue.
Sure. Every argument you make is a moral argument. At the heart of these moral arguments is your belief in a universal right and wrong. You expect that everyone should universally known and accept what you are arguing is good, just and true. It is this behavior which tells us that you have an expectation for absolute truth and absolute morals.

Now do you understand?

Of course I understand your words. They are wrong, but I understand what you mean. If your personal morals don't include compassion for the poor, sick, old, and underserved, as every major religion, and every major society since the beginning of time has, then that is your problem, not mine.

Since the Catholic Church turned a blind eye to the Holocaust and chose to ignore their priests diddling little kids even after the pedophilia was exposed, I'm not sure their opinion about morals counts for much.

Yet the left will treat any left leaning proclamation by the Church as gospel to rub in the face of anyone not an SJW twat.
I can understand that pointing out the few times your religious leaders admit their hateful flock has gone too far comes as a great shock to you, but you being chided for your normally uncontrolled unethical behavior is certainly worth comment.

As usual you misrepresent my point. You crow about the Church, which you hate, when it can be used against other people you hate, and then revert back to your own hate when they clarify a position they have never changed.
What are you whining about now? I'm not the one who worships a rich guy in a pointy hat who befriends and protects Nazis and pedophiles, and claims to speak for God.
You are just the guy who builds straw men to knock down because you don't possess the intellect or the integrity to have an honest discussion.

Well hello Ding. What are you whining about today?
ummmm.... your lack of intellect and integrity?

Wasn't that clear from the post you replied to?

Perhaps you could point out where what I said was wrong.
Sure.

1. No one worships the Pope.
2. The Pope is not a rich guy in a pointy hat.
3. The Pope does not befreind Nazi's.
4. The Pope does not protect pedophiles.
5. The Pope does not speak for God.

1. Many worship the Pope. Where do you think the expression "Kiss the ring" comes from?
2. The pope is rich, and he does have a pointy hat.
3. The Church, under the rule of a pope befriended the Nazis, and lied about it until documents proving it were opened just last year.
4. The court found that The Church under the rule of the Pope certainly did protect pedophiles.
5. The pope, as the successor of St. Peter, holds the office of Vicar of Christ, to whom was given the keys to the kingdom and the powers of binding and loosing (see Mt 16:17-19). As such, the pope is Christ’s representative of the Church on earth. He is, therefore, the supreme leader of the Church, which includes both clergy and laity. This makes the pope the “visible source and foundation” of the unity of the entire Church. Quoting Lumen Gentium Nos. 22 and 23, the Catechism teaches:

1. False.
2. The church is rich, none of it is the Pope's personal wealth
3. The Church signed a Concordant with Germany, right around the time every other government was appeasing the Reich.
4. Most of the Church's scandal involves pederasty, not pedophilia. The coverup happened, but happened and is happening still in many other organizations. Penn State is secular and had a similar scandal, as do many public schools, and even the Boy Scouts
5. None of this refers to papal infallibility or it's limited application.

Really? You think that since the boy scouts diddled some of their kids, that makes the Catholic Church diddling their kids acceptable?

A billion Catholics?
Thanks.

Now apply the "if they did bad things before they are bad forever" standard to all organizations and see what you have left as "clean"
Its been pretty consistent.

You are just the guy who builds straw men to knock down because you don't possess the intellect or the integrity to have an honest discussion.

Sure.

1. Many worship the Pope. Where do you think the expression "Kiss the ring" comes from?
3. The Church, under the rule of a pope befriended the Nazis, and lied about it until documents proving it were opened just last year.
4. The court found that The Church under the rule of the Pope certainly did protect pedophiles.
5. The pope, as the successor of St. Peter, holds the office of Vicar of Christ, to whom was given the keys to the kingdom and the powers of binding and loosing (see Mt 16:17-19). As such, the pope is Christ’s representative of the Church on earth. He is, therefore, the supreme leader of the Church, which includes both clergy and laity. This makes the pope the “visible source and foundation” of the unity of the entire Church. Quoting Lumen Gentium Nos. 22 and 23, the Catechism teaches:

1. False.
3. The Church signed a Concordant with Germany, right around the time every other government was appeasing the Reich.
4. Most of the Church's scandal involves pederasty, not pedophilia. The coverup happened, but happened and is happening still in many other organizations. Penn State is secular and had a similar scandal, as do many public schools, and even the Boy Scouts

Really? You think that since the boy scouts diddled some of their kids, that makes the Catholic Church diddling their kids acceptable?

No I think it just makes you point it out about the Church and make it seem they are the only ones with an issue because you have an axe to grind with the Church on other things.

A billion Catholics?
Thanks.

So is your apparent Anti-Catholic bias.

Bulldog is like a puppy in that someone has to follow him around cleaning up his piles of shit.

Seriously, what could possibly go wrong for a person who shoots from the hip with no facts and only biases controlling his beliefs?

I see. Yet you just claimed I am wrong, but didn't prove how or why I was wrong. Oh well. I guess the claim is all it takes for you. At least you're consistent.
Let's do them one by one in the bull ring. Go ahead and create the first debate.

I have no desire to debate you. You're usually wrong, and facts seem to confuse you. I will, however continue to laugh at you when you have these attacks of pomposity. They are quite funny.

Finally a clarification from the Vatican. It would be a catastrophe if the Catholic Church blessed same sex couples.

There was a time when you could beat down a faggot with out needing a 10 foot poll to do so. Then they took their perversion too far doing farm animals and monkeys. So now since they ware that sick shit like a badge of honor You are better off now days to just doing the humane thing and removing them from the gene pool

A billion Catholics?
Thanks.

You can call it that if you want. Sorry, if i dont support the hiding of adults fucking children and jerking off genocidal tyrants.
And thats just the last 100 years.

Sure.

1. False.

No I think it just makes you point it out about the Church and make it seem they are the only ones with an issue because you have an axe to grind with the Church on other things.

In a thread about the Catholic church, do you really think that is unexpected? Start a thread about the Boy Scouts, and the comments will be mostly about them. See how that works?

A billion Catholics?
Thanks.

You can call it that if you want. Sorry, if i dont support the hiding of adults fucking children and jerking off genocidal tyrants.

And that's all the Church does, and the Church is the only organization that ever did that.....

Sure.

1. False.

In a thread about the Catholic church, do you really think that is unexpected? Start a thread about the Boy Scouts, and the comments will be mostly about them. See how that works?

Nice attempted duck, but you didn't really respond to my statement.

A billion Catholics?
Thanks.

And that's all the Church does, and the Church is the only organization that ever did that.....
Good things dont bury the bad. Murdering drug kingpins give to the local poor. I guess we should ignore them killing people over illegal substances?
I didnt say they were the only one that did that. Bad things by other people doesnt absolve the Catholic Church for their horrendous acts.

A billion Catholics?
Thanks.

Good things dont bury the bad. Murdering drug kingpins give to the local poor. I guess we should ignore them killing people over illegal substances?
I didnt say they were the only one that did that. Bad things by other people doesnt absolve the Catholic Church for their horrendous acts.

And yet you fixate on them.

Sure.

1. False.

It was a dumb statement. read the thread title. No mention of the Boy Scouts at all.

A billion Catholics?
Thanks.

And yet you fixate on them.
I am in a thread about the Catholic Church, Marty....

A billion Catholics?
Thanks.

If that were true and the Church was devoid of any good, you would be justified to form a mob and burn down a few churches.

Sure.

1. False.

It was a dumb statement. read the thread title. No mention of the Boy Scouts at all.

No, it's an apt observation, you don't like the Catholic Church to start, so you just bring up everything to justify your attitude towards them.

Forum List

Back