Carson Says, “It is our faith that gives us freedom.”

The ONLY reason Carson was even considered for the presidential race is because he made a rude speech when the president was there. Right wingers thought "He's insulting. That's good enough for me"

there shall be no religious test to be President...so the constitution says....me thinks that is a separation of church and state....

This should drive the Left and atheists wild. How dare a presidential candidate support any religion? What about the so-called “separation of church and state” that doesn't exist anywhere in our constitution?

Read the full story @ Ben Carson Just Called On Every Christian In America To Do THIS, And It Shouldn't Be Ignored and share it with those who believe like you.
Wrong again, as usual.

No one cares where Carson believes his freedom comes from, provided he respects the freedom and protected liberties of other Americans who don't share his beliefs.

And given Carson's hostility to privacy rights, equal protection rights, and Establishment Clause jurisprudence, that's clearly not the case.

As Carson is not a Christian it doesn't surprise me that he would say such a thing. It is not our faith that gives us our freedom. It is a society that has free access to the King James Bible that gives us our freedom. Both Christian and non Christian benefit from a society in which the KJV Bible is available and preached from. This has been proven repeatedly throughout history. Examine any communist nation that has banned the bible and there you will find very little freedom. North Korea will execute anyone found with a Bible. Romania under communism tortured and sentenced to death all who were found to have had bibles or distributed them. Ben Carson is a likable, well-meaning person but from the beginning I believe it has been quite clear he is not a born again Christian.

Our freedoms are directly tied to our freedom to own and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ freely from a King James Bible. The dark ages happened because the people had no Bible. The Inquisition happened because the people were not permitted access to a King James Bible. Communism in China took over when the bible was outlawed. A free and prosperous society equals free access to Bibles, freely hearing the Word of God preached. A restricted and oppressed nation equals restricted or no access to Bibles. The amount of freedom a society enjoys is directly tied to the amount of access they have to the Holy Bible. The Word of God is the most precious weapon we have because faith comes by hearing the Word of God. Take away the Word of God? And faith ceases when the last Christian dies. there is no conversion of souls without the preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The enemy knows this. It's what is on the agenda with the NWO and their One Word super church / religion. They won't mind if you have a Catholic Bible in your hands. They just do not want anyone having access to the real bible. Which is the real Bible? The Bible that has real power. The KJV Bible when read brings salvation, deliverance, healing and exposes the lies of the enemy by teaching man the truth. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father except through the Son. The future One World religion / super church wants to stamp that message out. For ever.

Last edited:
Isnt religion and liberty a contradiction to each other?
You slave or go to hell. Or killed..
Does this not make sense to anybody else?

Isnt religion and liberty a contradiction to each other?
You slave or go to hell. Or killed..
Does this not make sense to anybody else?

I'm not a Catholic. I do not follow a religion. I follow Jesus Christ. Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty, Harley. If you will read my post again, you'll find I was speaking about faith coming from hearing the Word of God. Take away the true Word of God and your freedom will be gone very soon.

This should drive the Left and atheists wild. How dare a presidential candidate support any religion? What about the so-called “separation of church and state” that doesn't exist anywhere in our constitution?

Read the full story @ Ben Carson Just Called On Every Christian In America To Do THIS, And It Shouldn't Be Ignored and share it with those who believe like you.

"Allah says: “Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error. Whoever rejects false worship and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 256]

One of the fundamental truths established by the sacred texts is that no one can be compelled to accept Islam. It is the duty of Muslims to establish the proof of Islam to the people so that truth can be made clear from falsehood. After that, whoever wishes to accept Islam may do so and whoever wishes to continue upon unbelief may do so. No one should be threatened or harmed in any way if he does not wish to accept Islam."

“Let there be no compulsion in religion.” | IslamToday - English

What Islam says, and what Muslims do is admittedly a tad different. ;)

While some may have faith in God, most Americans no longer have faith that their friends, neighbors and fellow citizens are responsible and law-abiding...otherwise we wouldn't require them to prove it via certifications, background checks, bans on potentially "dangerous" (or just dangerous looking) products and nanny laws designed to protect people from themselves. Free people are assumed to be law-abiding and responsible by default until their actions prove otherwise...while in totalitarian societies all people are assumed to be criminals and terrorists until proven otherwise, preferably by government certification. Which are we again? Are we as free as we like to think we are?

He is absolutely wrong about that.

The religious texts (bible, torah, quran) advocate for kingdoms or monarchies.

The Dark Ages happened because the Roman Empire fell and western civilization took a 700 year hiatus.

You have to ask, why are people that profess belief in a 'god' always trying to PROVE everything good happened because of THEIR god. Even though every religion has spawned unbelievably hideous atrocities as well.

It's like 'believers' need to constantly convince THEMSELVES of their own beliefs.

And do you know who kept the knowledge of civilization alive during the dark ages?

The church.

I guess you didn't read it, there was no civilization during the dark ages, hence the DARK ages. There wasn't real civilization in the west again until the Crusades when the Templars brought back wagons full of books and writings from the east, who's civilization had been intact during the dark ages and whom had advanced significantly during that time.

And do you know who kept the knowledge of civilization alive during the dark ages?

The church.

I guess you didn't read it, there was no civilization during the dark ages, hence the DARK ages. There wasn't real civilization in the west again until the Crusades when the Templars brought back wagons full of books and writings from the east, who's civilization had been intact during the dark ages and whom had advanced significantly during that time.

Sure there was. There were several civilizations during the dark ages. Visigoth Spain followed by the caliphate in Spain. Both civilizations though far different. The holy roman empire under Charlemagne. The Irish were incredibly civilized after st Patrick converted the isle and preserved most of the classics. Irish monks spend several centuries after the fall of Rome reintroducing the classics throughout Europe.

The chaos after romes fall lasted about 100 years and it was mostly the church that rebuilt Europe.

Forum List

Back