Can this country afford SINGLE PAYER along with MILLIONS of illegals?

Single payer but much stricter with our immigration policy?

• Yes, we need to provide "free healthcare" to anyone and everyone, even noncitizens.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, we cannot afford to have single payer along with open borders.

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
I am hoping to not get a bunch of two sided double talk. Can this country afford the open border policy along with single payer?

Does Canada or Norway or Sweden or the Netherlands have an open door policy to refugees?

I know lately they have been having problems with mass immigration? Can that be sustained? Which the way you want it?

I am hoping to not get a bunch of two sided double talk. Can this country afford the open border policy along with single payer?

Does Canada or Norway or Sweden or the Netherlands have an open door policy to refugees?

I know lately they have been having problems with mass immigration? Can that be sustained? Which the way you want it?

The country can not afford single payer, which is an idea so bad that even the leftist Californians rejected it.

With illegals taking advantage of the system, even less so.

NO.

It hasn't worked out in other places, but snowflakes / Democrats see history / past proven failure as a challenge. :p

Don't know specifically about those individually named countries in the OP, but many if not most EU countries do have an open door policy. Which BTW some might be thinking twice about, cuz they're overwhelmed now and it's going to get worse. Many of those countries were close to zero economic growth as it was, and they cannot afford the costs of supporting millions of refugees/immigrants. Neither can we.

There's a reason why Single Payer failed in Vermont and got voted down in Colorado and California. It's too freakin' expensive, even those idiots in California realize that. All you have to do is look at the VA to see how poorly the US Gov't does managing a big health care system, so to think they could manage an SP system for all of us is ludicrous. Pretty sure the Dems are going to run on that idea in 2020 though.

NO.

It hasn't worked out in other places, but snowflakes / Democrats see history / past proven failure as a challenge. :p

I think they just ignore past failures. It's like they're 6 years old in a candy store, "I want this, and I want that" with no thought as to how to pay for it.

You have put your license to troll in jeopardy. My takeaways from this thread is it is dishonest and bait for the ignorant.

• Our nation can afford single payer health care, it is all a matter of setting priorities
  • Our borders need to be secure, but building a wall is not a solution
  • The Congress needs to pass a comprehensive immigration policy
  • The Congress needs to hold hearings on H1B work visas
  • The Congress needs to take the lead on reforming Education in America, so citizens can compete for jobs in the 21st Century
  • The Congress needs to get to work, their first priority ought to be to put politics aside (lol - that will not happen) and work together for the good of our citizens and not themselves.

Don't know specifically about those individually named countries in the OP, but many if not most EU countries do have an open door policy. Which BTW some might be thinking twice about, cuz they're overwhelmed now and it's going to get worse. Many of those countries were close to zero economic growth as it was, and they cannot afford the costs of supporting millions of refugees/immigrants. Neither can we.

There's a reason why Single Payer failed in Vermont and got voted down in Colorado and California. It's too freakin' expensive, even those idiots in California realize that. All you have to do is look at the VA to see how poorly the US Gov't does managing a big health care system, so to think they could manage an SP system for all of us is ludicrous. Pretty sure the Dems are going to run on that idea in 2020 though.
My VA is great, so don't throw out the baby with the dirty bathwater..

NO. in any case even if we could, medical care is a service, and services, along with goods are for the most part better provided with voluntary contracts between private individuals rahter than rationed out by the government with resources taken from the population at gunpoint.

Forum List

Back