Can anyone tell me why the liberal emphasis on inequality rather than poverty?

EdwardBaiamonte

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2011
I'd guess most of the 3rd world would love to live here and be inequal but not poor. Maybe the liberals care only about inequality because poverty has been eliminated?

The reason practically nothing big gets done anymore is that politicians really only fight winnable battles they can brag about come election time. They would all love to start big multi-generational projects for the good of mankind but 20 year plans do not get you reelected. Everything must be done in little 4-6 year bites.

The Democrats don't talk about poverty because no one, except for the homeless, is poor anymore.

I'd guess most of the 3rd world would love to live here and be inequal but not poor. Maybe the liberals care only about inequality because poverty has been eliminated?
Financial inequality causes poverty. That's why your poor.
No, dumb people vote for the very people who keep then in poverty and misery. This is just the way idiots vote. Now on the Republican side, if a black person like Shaq shows how intelligent he is, and proves it by being wealthy and has his own business, the dumb people accuse him of being a "turncoat, Oreo, Uncle Tom, or left the plantation. Yep, liberals love to be racists.....

The Democrats don't talk about poverty because no one, except for the homeless, is poor anymore.
I think you are right! But it seems odd how they were able to switch and get so much traction so quickly on a totally idiotic issue. America is about being free to be inequal. 13 inequal colonies with 13 different religions. If someone wants to be a lower paid inequal nurse and someone wants to be highly paid business person why interfere with their freedom for some insane inequality goal?

Financial inequality causes poverty. That's why your poor.
No, dumb people vote for the very people who keep then in poverty and misery. This is just the way idiots vote. Now on the Republican side, if a black person like Shaq shows how intelligent he is, and proves it by being wealthy and has his own business, the dumb people accuse him of being a "turncoat, Oreo, Uncle Tom, or left the plantation. Yep, liberals love to be racists.....
The issue is "financial inequality," but thanks for your troll post.

why do you want me to show you??
To demonstrate it's not a straw man you've constructed from fantasy.
and if its not a fantasy then what???? Embarassing!!
Inequality Is Still the Defining Issue of Our Time | The Nation
www.thenation.com › article › archive › inequality-is-st...

Oct 12, 2016 - Inequality Is Still the Defining Issue of Our Time. Fierce battles over ... Union support was central to Clinton's victory in the primaries. When she ...
Inequality is 'the defining issue of our time' - Washington Post
www.washingtonpost.com › plum-line › 2013/12/04 › i...

Dec 4, 2013 - Obama gives a speech that inequality experts will see as one of the most important presidential addresses in some time.
Inequality is 'defining issue of our time', says Obama ...
www.ft.com › content

Dec 4, 2013 - President Barack Obama called increasing inequality the “defining issue of our time” and said the decades-long trend was undermining .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back