California to take over as the United States supreme regulator for motor vehicle emissions and mandating only Electric cars

I remember all the whining about catalytic con-verters and unleaded gas.
If this is going to happen hopefully California... post Newsom the idiot... soon realizes that hydrogen is the way to go... Not EV's.... EV's have to be charged... but of course Newsom's investments are all with China and China makes EV batteries and solar panels to charge them.....
So the better less costly choice once again gets crushed due to greed...

Hydrogen cars are also much faster to refuel than electric cars, while also offering greater ranges than electric vehicles. For example, Renault's Kangoo Z.E. Hydrogen and Master Z.E. Hydrogen have range extender fuel cells that deliver ranges of over 350 kilometres and charge times of just 5-10 minutes.

I remember all the whining about catalytic con-verters and unleaded gas.
This is not even in the same ballpark of a catastrophe coming. People are buying used electric cars only to find out when the battery goes dead, it's not a hundred bucks to replace but $12,000 and up to replace. The cost is out of the range for most people as well with inflation and prices going up. Wait until the price of vehicles go way up overnight. And, all the car mechanics that will be unemployed as well. But, Democrats don't care. They manufactured up this fake climate change just to gain control over people and their wealth. Communism never works out. Tens of millions will die over this.

California is also having a forced move away from gas stoves, water heaters and heating. The whole state is to be nothing but electric. If they ban air conditioning they believe the grid will hold.

Palm Springs with no AC? No.

Left Wingers do not understand thermodynamics.
It takes more energy to power electric cars.

Conservatives don't understand thermodynamics ... both force and power are equal for equal work performed (i.e. energy transferred) ... what you mean is gasoline/diesel have more energy density ... but that doesn't address the efficiencies ...

Bottom line ... where hydro-power is cheap and abundant ... like California ... EVs are cheaper than piston-engine cars ... MUCH cheaper ...

=====

No one's commented on the OP's claim that the President has to sign off on this California State Law ... I think that's in error ... this new law will only prevent piston-engine cars from being SOLD in California ... and only California ... someone can still buy in Arizona and drive across the Colorado River into California and register there ...

I guess you folks never heard of "State's Rights" ... remember "The State of Texas's motion for leave to file a bill of complaint is denied for lack of standing under Article III of the Constitution. Texas has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another State conducts its [car sales]. All other pending motions are dismissed as moot."

This is going to be awesome to watch unfold. :popcorn:

I watched the first time through ... eventually, the rest of the world had to suffer under California's clean air standards ... these big companies just can't do without rich Californians ...

Capitalism at it's finest ...

I suspected (and posted here) that I thought Virginia would not be affected by the California decision as it wasn't an emissions standard regulation but a new statute. But I was wrong and Virginia, as things currently stand, will be bound to follow. Interestingly, this was known and recent events were fully expected to occur. Despite that, Virginia republicans have failed to overturn this binding statute and the whole thing is fully supported by the Virginia Car Dealers Association.

Forum List

Back