California officially says they will not allow the sale or registration of ICE passenger vehicles no later than 2035

I was wondering what really cold weather does for an EVs longevity, does the battery need to be replaced sooner in Michigan over Florida?
I believe the answer to that is yes, performance and longevity of EVs will be much worse in Michigan than Florida, by as much as perhaps 30%. That is scary considering the cost of buying an EV.

And after 3 or 4 years the EV batteries performance begins to decline, meaning you ain't going to get as far in year 4 on a charge that you did in year 1.
Very true. On top of everything else, much like covid shots, the batteries will be pretty much unchanged the first 4 years, slightly degraded years 5-7, then after that, exponential decline with rapid increase in the likelihood of failure by year 10.

Basically buying an EV is buying a throwaway car that you basically dispose of every ten years or invest more to keep it on the road than the car is worth.

But as posters on this board have said, don't believe them.

DUMB: California, the Brownout State, Will Mandate Electric Cars by 2035

Do they have a plan to vastly increase the available power in the State? Do they have a proven technology that can charge a battery as fast as you fill a gas tank? If not will every public parking spot have a charger? Or will cars only be ownable by those lucky to own a house, or rent at an apartment complex with included charging spaces?

Don't you wonder.......if EVs are so great.......

....why must they be government mandated?????????

Just like we forced you to stop buying incandescent lightbulbs and VHS tapes
I can still get incandescent bulbs at any Menards.
100 watts for my secondary garage. The cold doesn't make them flicker like the annoying Green bulbs.

The transition to digital disks from VHS happened naturally without government intervention.

Forum List

Back