California officially says they will not allow the sale or registration of ICE passenger vehicles no later than 2035

You dumbass liberals are going to force people to buy electric vehicles even though the California power grid can't even come CLOSE to supplying the electricity to charge all of those cars! This hasn't even started yet and already officials in California are asking people not to charge their cars this week because there is the threat of rolling brown outs! Who's going to want internal combustion engines? Everyone that can't drive because they can't charge their EV's...THAT'S WHO!
Just like we forced you to stop buying incandescent lightbulbs and VHS tapes

Just like we forced you to stop buying incandescent lightbulbs and VHS tapes

VHS tapes were never banned, incandescents were.

VHS died a natural death, just as CD's are dying due to streaming and solid state drive storage.

They can't ban people from driving into the State, and while having your car registered out of State if you live in the State is a no no, it's seen all the time in NY.

They won't allow them to be sold or registered, guess out of state registrations will go up exponentially.
Someone just visiting wouldn't have to register their vehicles, so what would that have to do with out of State registrations going up exponentially?

Someone just visiting wouldn't have to register their vehicles, so what would that have to do with out of State registrations going up exponentially?

There are plenty of people in NY that register their cars in places like Florida or the Carolinas, if they have like a time share or some friend with property they can use for an address. Now its used to get a better insurance rate, but I can see people doing it to keep using ICE vehicles.

There are plenty of people in NY that register their cars in places like Florida or the Carolinas, if they have like a time share or some friend with property they can use for an address. Now its used to get a better insurance rate, but I can see people doing it to keep using ICE vehicles.

Wow, I can think of a few crimes involved in a scheme like that.

Wow, I can think of a few crimes involved in a scheme like that.

Insurance fraud is the main one. You aren't in trouble unless you get into an accident and the insurance company investigates.

Hell, some people even do it in-State, registering their cars at their summer homes upstate even if they live primarily in the city.

Insurance fraud is the main one. You aren't in trouble unless you get into an accident and the insurance company investigates.

Hell, some people even do it in-State, registering their cars at their summer homes upstate even if they live primarily in the city.

Voter fraud could also come into play if they claim residence in another State and are registered to vote in NY. Plus the possibility of violating registration and drivers license laws.

Voter fraud could also come into play if they claim residence in another State and are registered to vote in NY. Plus the possibility of violating registration and drivers license laws.

They have licenses for the right State, the car is just registered in the other State.

I hope the savings are worth the possibility of going to jail.

It's a calculated risk taken by some people.

And this in NY, you really think they will go to jail?

Worst case is you get your ass sued by the insurance company for back premiums.

It's a calculated risk taken by some people.

And this in NY, you really think they will go to jail?

Worst case is you get your ass sued by the insurance company for back premiums.

Yeah, it's NY, if you're not part of the commies chosen ones, you're likely to be thrown under the freaking jail.

Yeah, it's NY, if you're not part of the commies chosen ones, you're likely to be thrown under the freaking jail.

To me its a general "We don't give a shit" mentality for petty crime like this. Worse in Manhattan and the Bronx, bad in Brooklyn, not as bad in Queens and Staten Island.

And we are closing our Jail and opening 5 new ones in each Borough that have less overall capacity.....

You dumbass liberals are going to force people to buy electric vehicles even though the California power grid can't even come CLOSE to supplying the electricity to charge all of those cars! This hasn't even started yet and already officials in California are asking people not to charge their cars this week because there is the threat of rolling brown outs! Who's going to want internal combustion engines? Everyone that can't drive because they can't charge their EV's...THAT'S WHO!
Don't charge your EV cars but keep your gas tank full in case a fire causes an evacuation.
It's not going to work, really, it's not.

Seems to me out of State registrations of ICE vehicles would not be accepted.

In California, you are only allowed to operate an out of state registered vehicle for thirty days before changing the registration to California. So that dodge wouldn't work.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Any person that lives in an area that sees temperatures dip below zero in January? And has a need of going to areas of the nation that are primarily rural? Will defiantly NOT want to rely on this tech, until it still improves MARKEDLY in reliability and durability.

I have a feeling, you have not seen a lot of winters with four and five feet of snow, with sub-zero temperatures, nor do you know what that does to vehicles and electronics.

1661167410301-png.685665

I was wondering what really cold weather does for an EVs longevity, does the battery need to be replaced sooner in Michigan over Florida? And after 3 or 4 years the EV batteries performance begins to decline, meaning you ain't going to get as far in year 4 on a charge that you did in year 1.

Forum List

Back