And Biden wants end gas powered (ICE) vehicles by 2035... including buses...RIGHT!!!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011

U.S. government to end gas-powered vehicle purchases by 2035 under Biden order​

Electric buses are sitting unused in cities across the US; here's why
Cities coast-to-coast grappling with broken-down e-buses that cannot be fixed

However, cities from coast-to-coast are grappling with broken-down e-buses that cannot be fixed, are too expensive to fix, or they have scrapped their electric fleets altogether.
  • Officials in Asheville, North Carolina, recently expressed frustration that three of the five e-buses the city purchased for millions in 2018 are now sitting idle due to a combination of software issues, mechanical problems and an inability to obtain replacement parts.
  • The Denver Gazette reported two of the four e-buses Colorado Springs' Mountain Metropolitan Transit acquired in 2021 are not running. They cost $1.2 million a piece, mostly paid for by government grants.
  • Then in Sept. 2021, the Daily Bulletin out of California reported that "As of August, Foothill Transit, based in West Covina and serving the San Gabriel Valley, parts of Los Angeles and Pomona Valley, had 13 idled battery-electric buses out of 32 in its fleet. At one point, the agency indicated up to 67% of its electric buses were not operating during 2019 and 2020."
  • The lawyers told the court Broward County purchased 42 buses from Proterra for $54 million, and the first batch only operated for an average of 600 miles before breaking down, while the second batch averaged 1,800. For comparison, the county's diesel buses average 4,500 between failures, the filing said.
And Biden's executive order is to:
The U.S. government plans to end purchases of gas-powered vehicles by 2035 in a move to lower emissions and promote electric cars under an executive order signed by President Joe Biden on Wednesday.
The government owns more than 650,000 vehicles and purchases about 50,000 annually. Biden's executive order said that light-duty vehicles acquired by the government will be emission-free by 2027.

And this doesn't EVEN answer the biggest problem: How will the 25% more electricity come from that is generated by the
11,070 total power plants in usa of which 6,753 power plants are fossil fuels which Biden guarantees to rid fossil fuels!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Remember Biden GUARANTEE?
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”
September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

U.S. government to end gas-powered vehicle purchases by 2035 under Biden order​

Electric buses are sitting unused in cities across the US; here's why
Cities coast-to-coast grappling with broken-down e-buses that cannot be fixed

However, cities from coast-to-coast are grappling with broken-down e-buses that cannot be fixed, are too expensive to fix, or they have scrapped their electric fleets altogether.
  • Officials in Asheville, North Carolina, recently expressed frustration that three of the five e-buses the city purchased for millions in 2018 are now sitting idle due to a combination of software issues, mechanical problems and an inability to obtain replacement parts.
  • The Denver Gazette reported two of the four e-buses Colorado Springs' Mountain Metropolitan Transit acquired in 2021 are not running. They cost $1.2 million a piece, mostly paid for by government grants.
  • Then in Sept. 2021, the Daily Bulletin out of California reported that "As of August, Foothill Transit, based in West Covina and serving the San Gabriel Valley, parts of Los Angeles and Pomona Valley, had 13 idled battery-electric buses out of 32 in its fleet. At one point, the agency indicated up to 67% of its electric buses were not operating during 2019 and 2020."
  • The lawyers told the court Broward County purchased 42 buses from Proterra for $54 million, and the first batch only operated for an average of 600 miles before breaking down, while the second batch averaged 1,800. For comparison, the county's diesel buses average 4,500 between failures, the filing said.
And Biden's executive order is to:
The U.S. government plans to end purchases of gas-powered vehicles by 2035 in a move to lower emissions and promote electric cars under an executive order signed by President Joe Biden on Wednesday.
The government owns more than 650,000 vehicles and purchases about 50,000 annually. Biden's executive order said that light-duty vehicles acquired by the government will be emission-free by 2027.

And this doesn't EVEN answer the biggest problem: How will the 25% more electricity come from that is generated by the
11,070 total power plants in usa of which 6,753 power plants are fossil fuels which Biden guarantees to rid fossil fuels!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Remember Biden GUARANTEE?
"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”
September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

Wars and environmental scams are the DemoKKKrats' two biggest money laundering operations.

EO's can be overturned with a stroke of a pen, or a vote in Congress.

As long as he keeps sending that message gas will stay above the price it should naturally be.... no oil company in their right mind would drill... its expensive to drill for oil...

The Denver Gazette reported two of the four e-buses Colorado Springs' Mountain Metropolitan Transit acquired in 2021 are not running. They cost $1.2 million a piece, mostly paid for by government grants.
This is so disingenuous as to be humorous if it wasn't so wrong. Forget that the price is so astronomical. To suggest that they are paid for by "government grants" to somehow make it sound like the money appears out of thin air is ridiculous. Where does the government get that money to grant? BINGO! You the American TAXPAYER! More government mismanagement.
End government purchases of gas powered vehicles? What implications does this have for the military? Hmmm. Just pull that convoy over to those Tesla charging stations in the middle of a war zone. SMFH

Last edited:
How will electric vehicles, which consistently demonstrate inferior capabilities against fossil fuel vehicles, be affordable to the lower and middle classes? What happens when the 1984 Chevy Chevette breaks down or the city bus is late because it needs a charge? How about repairs?

The United States will be back to horse and carriage mode if this ludicrous EO doesn't get cancelled. I'm already gearing up the popcorn for Gavin Newsom's unattainable executive orders to remove the sale of fossil fueled vehicles and converting California to 100% renewable energy. :popcorn:

As long as he keeps sending that message gas will stay above the price it should naturally be.... no oil company in their right mind would drill... its expensive to drill for oil...
621 active rigs drilling today. Since that EO was signed the US Oil Patch has increased production by about 1.5 mbd.

621 active rigs drilling today. Since that EO was signed the US Oil Patch has increased production by about 1.5 mbd.
Prove it! YOU are guessing! Why don't you add the link where you got that information? Waste of anyone's time to believe just because you say so it's true! Come on be an adult and prove your statement...
621 active rigs drilling today!

But not believing you, I did my own research and here is what I found:
1 year ago there were 771 rotary rig counts at service in the USA.
Today there are 150 LESS or 621 rigs as you purposely did NOT report!

Howmany on leases approved under Tater?

Zero sound about right, Simp?

EO's can be overturned with a stroke of a pen, or a vote in Congress.
So you are saying that when Biden' said the below he was lying?
I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

He definitely wasn't lying when he also said..
I would, in fact, make sure that there is, we immediate surge to the border, "

TrumpvsBidenilleagals010324.png

Prove it! YOU are guessing! Why don't you add the link where you got that information? Waste of anyone's time to believe just because you say so it's true! Come on be an adult and prove your statement...
621 active rigs drilling today!

But not believing you, I did my own research and here is what I found:
1 year ago there were 771 rotary rig counts at service in the USA.
Today there are 150 LESS or 621 rigs as you purposely did NOT report!
Yawn, those fact and figures are so easy to find.....

Thank you for further proving my point the EO had little to no effect on the Oil Patch drilling for and producing oil. 771 rigs a year after signing that EO. Here a long term chart that will show you how much rig active increased after that EO was signed.

It is not only the oil, it is the refinery space and what kind of oil we are refining!

Which party for YEARS has been against new refineries; and in fact blocked almost every one of them, including in the middle of the desert in Nevada?

And now..............who in their right mind, would even SUGGEST you try to build a new refinery for 1 to 3 billion, when you customers are going to start disappearing by 2035 (that would be 11 years) if the radical enviro people continue to have their way?

Trump may think this is going to be soooooooo easy to reverse, but I do not think so. The only thing to give these corporations confidence to resume some sort of business as usual, is for congress to pass a law that protects consumers from electric vehicle mandates by the US government; and I say.........good luck with that! Congress SHOULD NEVER allow the government to interfere like this in the private sector again, but I do not see congress having the gonads to step up to the plate.......thus this is one promise Trump has made that I do not think he will be able to deliver upon.

It is not only the oil, it is the refinery space and what kind of oil we are refining!

Which party for YEARS has been against new refineries; and in fact blocked almost every one of them, including in the middle of the desert in Nevada?

And now..............who in their right mind, would even SUGGEST you try to build a new refinery for 1 to 3 billion, when you customers are going to start disappearing by 2035 (that would be 11 years) if the radical enviro people continue to have their way?

Trump may think this is going to be soooooooo easy to reverse, but I do not think so. The only thing to give these corporations confidence to resume some sort of business as usual, is for congress to pass a law that protects consumers from electric vehicle mandates by the US government; and I say.........good luck with that! Congress SHOULD NEVER allow the government to interfere like this in the private sector again, but I do not see congress having the gonads to step up to the plate.......thus this is one promise Trump has made that I do not think he will be able to deliver upon.
That's odd because we're exporting record amounts of refined product. Could be the refiners are always adding extra capacity to existing refineries to avoid building expensive new ones.

They can have my favorite Ice machine when they pry it from between my cold dead legs........

1706730643143.png

Fossil fuels love least resistance. Government plays games. The generation in the late 60's early 70's were fed this as the so-called evil oil people were mainstreamed. And yes, there are some suspicious types who may not be nice. Oil pipelines are a least line of resistance as compared to train transports. Overseas, less violence is always preferable to more. I do believe that elitists also stir the swirl to get violence between groups also. There is technology not introduced yet for EVthat is already there and does not have to e invented. DEI has slowed the problem solving and inventing tenacity as compared to what it used to be in the past. The technology already invented and advanced like we use now as social media, TV, Computers, etc. and Artificial Intelligence blurs this. Some things have never changed much.

Fossil fuels love least resistance. Government plays games. The generation in the late 60's early 70's were fed this as the so-called evil oil people were mainstreamed. And yes, there are some suspicious types who may not be nice. Oil pipelines are a least line of resistance as compared to train transports. Overseas, less violence is always preferable to more. I do believe that elitists also stir the swirl to get violence between groups also. There is technology not introduced yet for EVthat is already there and does not have to e invented. DEI has slowed the problem solving and inventing tenacity as compared to what it used to be in the past. The technology already invented and advanced like we use now as social media, TV, Computers, etc. and Artificial Intelligence blurs this. Some things have never changed much.
Yeah, I don't recall being fed that. But it was Tulsa and my dad was a geophysicist who looked for oil.

Forum List

Back