Burning prisoners to death, a punishment sanctioned in Islam

The choice here is between agreeing with lame apologists or taking the word of the president of Egypt who says it is indeed all about Islam, telling the assembled imams that Islam needs a "religious revolution." If it has nothing to do with Islam, why the need for revolution?

Nonsense.
The president of Egypt does not speak for all Muslims, nor is he the sole authority on Islam.

So then who does speak for Muslims, if not Muslim leaders themselves.

According to this board's arrogant loony lefties, they do. I mean, what could Egypt's Prez know about his religion that they don't know better, eh?
:lmao:

On the battlefield, not POW's.

I know the differences. Just realize there's a fine line between our morals and theirs. We cheered and said let them burn.

Also consider we proudly torture them. Not hard to realize why they think we are evil and why they resort to such shocking tactics.

Proudly torture? wtf are you talking about? plus this was a Jordanian Muslim pilot not an American.

Remember the pictures from Abu grabs? Those soldiers looked proud. Definitely unapologetic. Until they got caught.

I saw a movie about Abu grave that explained the mental state of those soldiers. They didn't go to Iraq evil. Iraq made them evil. Good men who were shocked at first ended up participating.

So if Isis hates us I can see not caring about one of ours being burned alive.

I'm not defending them. Far as I'm concerned they need to die. Us or them so I pick us. I just know where the enemy is coming from. I don't agree with them but I know they truly think we are wrong, from their perspective

Ours? that pilot was a fellow Muslim, a Jordanian, he was not American, why do you keep saying ours? plus I know about Abu Ghuraib, the people who did that were wrong but that is not sanctioned American policy.Plus what went on in Abu Ghuraib is childs play compared to what ISIS does.
I don't think they care if a pilot bombing them is a Muslim in fact they probably think that's worse because he's a traitor.

Abu grave wasn't official US policy? Why did bush and half of america defend it?

Bush and half of America defended Abu Ghuraib? now your just making stuff up, Bush condemned it and most of the people here were appalled. Plus like I said Abu Ghuraib is childs play compared to ISIS.

The choice here is between agreeing with lame apologists or taking the word of the president of Egypt who says it is indeed all about Islam, telling the assembled imams that Islam needs a "religious revolution." If it has nothing to do with Islam, why the need for revolution?
Nonsense.

The president of Egypt does not speak for all Muslims, nor is he the sole authority on Islam.

While that is true we in America have two choices ... we can believe what a devout Muslim who lives in the Mideast says about Islamist violence and the teaching and preaching of it by Mideast imams or we can believe loony leftists (like you and Pogo) here who contort themselves into intellectual pretzels in an apparent effort to defend Islamism.
Woo ... that's a tough choice. Gimme a minute. :eusa_think:
What about the Muslim Americans and what they have to say? Go directly to the source. Don't ask foreigners were at war with what they think about america and put that on Muslims living here.

What country did your family come from. Do they speak for you?

I know the differences. Just realize there's a fine line between our morals and theirs. We cheered and said let them burn.

Also consider we proudly torture them. Not hard to realize why they think we are evil and why they resort to such shocking tactics.

Proudly torture? wtf are you talking about? plus this was a Jordanian Muslim pilot not an American.

Remember the pictures from Abu grabs? Those soldiers looked proud. Definitely unapologetic. Until they got caught.

I saw a movie about Abu grave that explained the mental state of those soldiers. They didn't go to Iraq evil. Iraq made them evil. Good men who were shocked at first ended up participating.

I'm not defending them. Far as I'm concerned they need to die. Us or them so I pick us. I just know where the enemy is coming from. I don't agree with them but I know they truly think we are wrong, from their perspective

Ours? that pilot was a fellow Muslim, a Jordanian, he was not American, why do you keep saying ours? plus I know about Abu Ghuraib, the people who did that were wrong but that is not sanctioned American policy.Plus what went on in Abu Ghuraib is childs play compared to what ISIS does.
I don't think they care if a pilot bombing them is a Muslim in fact they probably think that's worse because he's a traitor.

Abu grave wasn't official US policy? Why did bush and half of america defend it?

Bush and half of America defended Abu Ghuraib? now your just making stuff up, Bush condemned it and most of the people here were appalled. Plus like I said Abu Ghuraib is childs play compared to ISIS.
Because we got caught. And half of america said so what

As opposed to the west, who burns people to death in gigantic explosions.

Is that your defense of vicious Islamism?
There is no defense for people like ISIS. The difference is I don't shed crocodile tears over the issue while people I do support do essentially the same thing, and have been doing it for years.

You do know that we ultimately negotiated a truce with look tada all sadr in Iraq? At one time the us called him aterrorist.

England called George Washington a traitor.

Depends on which side you are on.

Because we got caught. And half of america said so what

Thats not true and anyways its irrelevant, Abu Ghuraib has nothing to do with the OP.

Nonsense.

While that is true we in America have two choices ... we can believe what a devout Muslim who lives in the Mideast says about Islamist violence and the teaching and preaching of it by Mideast imams or we can believe loony leftists (like you and Pogo) here who contort themselves into intellectual pretzels in an apparent effort to defend Islamism.
What about the Muslim Americans and what they have to say? Go directly to the source. Don't ask foreigners were at war with what they think about america and put that on Muslims living here.

We are not at war with Egypt and this isn't about what foreigners think of America. Do you have a clue as to what American Muslims are saying about the hate el-Sisi believes imams are teaching and preaching and the damage it is doing to Islam and the world?
In fact, do you have a clue about anything?

Nonsense.

We are not at war with Egypt and this isn't about what foreigners think of America. Do you have a clue as to what American Muslims are saying about the hate el-Sisi believes imams are teaching and preaching and the damage it is doing to Islam and the world?
In fact, do you have a clue about anything?
What are Muslim americans saying?

What a sick, perverted, barbaric religion Islam is:

Outrage in Mideast over IS killing of Jordan pilot - Yahoo News

However, Hussein Bin Mahmoud, an Islamic State-linked theologian, claimed that two of the Prophet Muhammad's revered successors ordered similar punishment for Arab renegades in the seventh century.

While acknowledging the prophet's saying that God alone punishes by fire, Bin Mahmoud cited a Quranic verse that requires Muslims to punish their enemies in kind. Since U.S.-led airstrikes "burn" Muslims, he argued, the IS group must burn those behind the raids.

Ironic you should mention this. I just posted this a couple of days ago:

Today, February 2nd, marks 503 years since the execution of Hatuey, a Taíno who became the first high-profile casualty in the American (native) resistance to European invasion.

Hatuey was from Hispaniola (the island now split between Haiti and the Dominican Republic), which was then called in the Taíno language Ayiti. In 1511, Spaniard Diego Velazquez set forth for the Cuban island of Caobana. Hatuey took four hundred warriors and went ahead to Caobana to warn the population.

Bartholome de las Casas recounts that he showed the Caobanans a basket of gold and jewels, explaining:
(Wiki) :
"Here is the God the Spaniards worship. For these they fight and kill; for these they persecute us and that is why we have to throw them into the sea... They tell us, these tyrants, that they adore a God of peace and equality, and yet they usurp our land and make us their slaves. They speak to us of an immortal soul and of their eternal rewards and punishments, and yet they rob our belongings, seduce our women, violate our daughters. Incapable of matching us in valor, these cowards cover themselves with iron that our weapons cannot break...[3]"

The people of Caobana did not believe Hatuey's message, and few joined him to fight. Hatuey resorted to guerrilla tactics against the Spaniards, and was able to confine them to their fort at Baracoa. Eventually the Spaniards succeeded in capturing him. On February 2, 1512,[2] he was tied to a stake and burned alive at Yara.[1]

Before he was burned, a priest asked him if he would accept Jesus and go to heaven. Las Casas recalled the reaction of the chief:

[Hatuey], thinking a little, asked the religious man if Spaniards went to heaven. The religious man answered yes... The chief then said without further thought that he did not want to go there but to hell so as not to be where they were and where he would not see such cruel people. This is the name and honor that God and our faith have earned.[4]
Hatuey Wiki

:salute:

Hey, they didn't make it up. They had centuries of Inquisition to copy. Except those were usually women.​

ISIS isn't following the Inquisition. They are following the instructions written in the Koran. How do you treat Arab Muslims who side with the infidels? You burn them to death.

Looks to me like it's following ancient barbaric terror practice. Burning to death is unknown in the contemporary Middle East. Where are you getting this reference to "instructions written in the Koran"? How come the Islamic world is condemning the act as "anti-Islamic"?

So you just say whatever you feel like without even reading what you're actually responding to? Here let me post it for you again, here is an Islamic scholar quoting chapter and verse, how two of Mohammad's most devout followers ordered the same punishment in the 7th century:

However, Hussein Bin Mahmoud, an Islamic State-linked theologian, claimed that two of the Prophet Muhammad's revered successors ordered similar punishment for Arab renegades in the seventh century.

While acknowledging the prophet's saying that God alone punishes by fire, Bin Mahmoud cited a Quranic verse that requires Muslims to punish their enemies in kind. Since U.S.-led airstrikes "burn" Muslims, he argued, the IS group must burn those behind the raids

I could hardly miss that, as it's in type for nursing homes.

But merely putting it in big bold type doesn't put it in the Koran, which is what you claimed. Not even your cherrypicked quote of a guy cherrypicking a historical event makes that case.

I linked this before but for the lazy of eye, an except:

From the world's most prestigious seat of Sunni Islam learning, Cairo's Al-Azhar Mosque, Grand Imam Ahmed al-Tayeb said the IS militants deserve the Quranic punishment of death, crucifixion or the chopping off of their arms for being enemies of God and the Prophet Muhammad.

"Islam prohibits the taking of an innocent life," al-Tayeb said. By burning the pilot to death, he added, the militants violated Islam's prohibition on the immolation or mutilation of bodies — even during wartime.

Under many Mideast legal systems, capital punishment is usually carried out by hanging. In Iran and Pakistan, stoning to death as punishment for adultery exists in the penal code but is rarely used. Beheadings are routinely carried out in Saudi Arabia, and Gaza's militant Hamas rulers have on occasion publicly shot to death Palestinians suspected of spying for Israel.

But burning to death as a punishment proscribed by an Islamic court — such as the self-styled tribunals set up by the Islamic State militants in areas under their control — is unheard of in the contemporary Middle East. The IS extremists captured a third of both Iraq and Syria in a blitz last year, proclaimed their caliphate and imposed their harsh interpretation of Islamic law.

In Saudi Arabia, prominent cleric Sheik Salman al-Oudah cited on Wednesday a saying attributed to the Prophet Muhammad, which reserves for God alone the right to punish by fire.

And how come you can claim a basis in the 7th century yet try to laugh off counterexamples from a thousand years more recent?

For it is written, amen amen I say to you, Having it Both Ways: Priceless.

hey now, one guy said it was okay - that means that no matter what anyone else says, it's okay and indicative of what all muslims believe.
More lame deflection. Clearly you guys have run out of arrows and are shooting spit balls. No one said "all Muslims believe" but what is clear is that ISIS, like the Taliban and Boko Haram and any number of Jihadi gangs find not only religious justification for their actions but an obligation to impose their Islam by all and any means ... especially violence.

It was the OP -- you know the one you're acting as apologist for --- who ran out of arrows in claiming "burning prisoners to death [is] sanctioned by Islam" -- an assertion neither he nor you nor anyone else has been able to back up.

As for "religious justification" found subjectively by ISIS or anyone else, hey, Scott Roeder and Eric Rudolph and any number of other terrorists did exactly the same thing subjectively -- shall we conclude "shooting doctors to death and bombing lesbian bars is sanctioned by Christianism"?

How about Hatuey, that story I posted at the beginning of this thread? Shall we conclude from that that "burning alive is 'sanctioned' by Christianism" as well? I mean it's not an isolated case -- you've got the Inquisitions of the past, slave burnings of colonial times, African "witches" right now...

Hey, it's the same logic.

OK then. Back in your Bullshit hole.

Last edited:
What a sick, perverted, barbaric religion Islam is:

While acknowledging the prophet's saying that God alone punishes by fire, Bin Mahmoud cited a Quranic verse that requires Muslims to punish their enemies in kind. Since U.S.-led airstrikes "burn" Muslims, he argued, the IS group must burn those behind the raids.

it is called inshallah

which makes it acceptable to burn people alive

That's not even vaguely remotely close to what insha'Allah means.
As I said -- bullshit thread. Summa y'all just trot out your ignorance like it's some kind of badge of honour. That's just weird.

fuck you

inshallah means allah willing

even if it is evil in nature

Inshallah - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Yes, that's what it means. Which says as much about "burning" as a recipe for angel food cake says about the rings of fucking Saturn.

So no --- fuck YOU.

Ironically, while our leftist brigade spins furiously in defense of Islam, Egypt's Prez el-Sisi exhorts Egyptian Imams to quit teaching and preaching the hate which fuels Islamism and the vicious barbarity that accompanies it.
"You imams are responsible before Allah. The entire world is waiting on you. The entire world is waiting for your word ... because the Islamic world is being torn, it is being destroyed, it is being lost. And it is being lost by our own hands...
It's inconceivable that the thinking that we hold most sacred should cause the entire Islamic world to be a source of anxiety, danger, killing and destruction for the rest of the world."
Egypt s President calls for a religious revolution - CNN.com

I just want some kind of proof that it's got something to do with Islam. Got any?

Nonsense.

So then who does speak for Muslims, if not Muslim leaders themselves.

Obviously -- you do.

Burning someone alive is absolutely in the Koran!

.......burning someone alive is reserved for a Muslim who betrayed Islam like one who converted to Christianity...... it's all there!

To understand the mentality of these brutes you have to understand the mentality of a Middle Age savage.

Only God knows what atrocity will they discover next in their "Holy Book".

Burning someone alive is biblical. It's the proscribed treatment for witches after all. I'm sure I'd be a crispy critter if some Christians had their way.

Fortunately, these incendiary activities against innocents do not seem to be common place in either Islam or Christianity. ISIS still manages to stand out as the worst of the worst.

It may be biblical but the bastards don't stand on ceremony. Apparently they put a call out for the most horrific ways to kill someone. I have no words for for this .... it literally makes me sick to my stomach.

Was Jordanian pilot burned alive after sick ISIS Twitter campaign Daily Mail Online

I have yet to see this video.

I haven't seen it either but I have no need to.
I've seen ones of witch-burnings in Africa and read way more than enough about Inquisitions, plus all that history I linked yesterday as well as the one at the beginning of this thread. It doesn't get any easier.
So because someone did it in ancient history that makes it ok for Islamist to do it now. That is your argument right?

I've seen ones of witch-burnings in Africa and read way more than enough about Inquisitions, plus all that history I linked yesterday as well as the one at the beginning of this thread. It doesn't get any easier.
So because someone did it in ancient history that makes it ok for Islamist to do it now. That is your argument right?

Apparently they believe that since Christians once burned people at the stake these isis monsters are, you know, just following suit, no biggie.

Please quote or link to where I said anything remotely resembling it's "OK" for anyone.

The question starts at the beginning -- the title of the OP. Which states, and I quote, "Burning prisoners to death [is] a punishment sanctioned in Islam".

I've been asking the whole time where that "sanction" is, and in its absence I call Bullshit.
Simple as that really.

Forum List

Back