Build the wall and allow DACA recipients like me to stay in America, the country I know and love

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
If DACA aliens are for it, how can Dims possibly object?

I am one of the approximately 700,000 so-called Dreamers now living in the U.S. For now, I’m here legally because I am protected by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. But that protection may end soon, because DACA is being challenged in the courts.

And it might surprise you to know that I’m also a supporter of President Trump. I believe it is vital that we focus on America's safety first and find the necessary resources for the Border Patrol to do its job effectively, while still giving people like me a chance to stay in the only country we’ve ever called home and loved.

As a result, I support the president’s call for a barrier along the U.S.-Mexico border. And I understand that he has promised to build a border wall or fence and feels duty-bound to fulfill his promise.

The DACA community is not asking to skip to the head of the line or to be granted citizenship immediately. All we want is a chance to earn citizenship while still being able to stay in this country by paying our taxes, serving our country, supporting our communities, and continuing to pledge allegiance to the only flag we have ever known and loved.

I am the first in my family to get a college degree. I hope to get an MBA in a few years, become an executive at a Fortune 500 company, and eventually become an American citizen who can contribute to the greatness of this country.

I didn’t ask to come to the U.S. when I was a baby – I was too young to talk. But I thank God I was brought here and grew up in the greatest country on Earth. I pray to God that I can stay.

I've already said that Dems ought to offer 2.6 billion for border security with DACA has the return...as long as Daca was locked in first...because of course you can not trust Trump to keep his word on anything

I am one of the approximately 700,000 so-called Dreamers now living in the U.S. For now, I’m here legally because I am protected by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. But that protection may end soon, because DACA is being challenged in the courts.

And it might surprise you to know that I’m also a supporter of President Trump. I believe it is vital that we focus on America's safety first and find the necessary resources for the Border Patrol to do its job effectively, while still giving people like me a chance to stay in the only country we’ve ever called home and loved.

As a result, I support the president’s call for a barrier along the U.S.-Mexico border. And I understand that he has promised to build a border wall or fence and feels duty-bound to fulfill his promise.

The DACA community is not asking to skip to the head of the line or to be granted citizenship immediately. All we want is a chance to earn citizenship while still being able to stay in this country by paying our taxes, serving our country, supporting our communities, and continuing to pledge allegiance to the only flag we have ever known and loved.

I am the first in my family to get a college degree. I hope to get an MBA in a few years, become an executive at a Fortune 500 company, and eventually become an American citizen who can contribute to the greatness of this country.

I didn’t ask to come to the U.S. when I was a baby – I was too young to talk. But I thank God I was brought here and grew up in the greatest country on Earth. I pray to God that I can stay.
He speaks English and pays taxes-two "should be" requirements for citizenship.

If we throw out the criminals and non-productive I can agree with legalizing them. If they were born here I can approve of their being citizens.

I can not tolerate the open border.

I would not even care if they set up a massive program to bring in millions more people a year, if they're screened for criminal history, disease and documented.

Think about it this way, we need the labor. Illegals can be exploited for below minimum wages, they're not paying taxes in many cases, and they're threatened by cartels and other criminals even more so out of fear of being thrown out for reporting shit, or so we are told. They're depressing wages in entry level as well as skilled and non-skilled labor.

We could set up a military style entrance program for seasonal workers, inoculate them, give them a few weeks worth of classes in basic english, laws, and even job skills. They would make better wages, contribute to the tax base, and be able to return home with a lot more money.

It only makes sense to secure the border. It makes even more sense to allow the decent people who want to improve their lives an opportunity to do so. I do however believe only Mexicans should be allowed in this program. We can't let the whole damned world come in. Mexico is our neighbor country and improving the relationship will benefit us both.

Just my opinion.

fuck that - DACA is a Constitutional right, building a damn fence isnt a tool used to break it.

Dems offered $25 billion in border funding in return for DACA last year

Trump turned it down

Trump’s best chance for border wall funding at the level he wants came in February 2018, when Republican Senator Mike Rounds teamed up with independent Senator Angus King on compromise immigration legislation.

It included $25 billion over a decade to build a wall along the southern border and a path to citizenship for so-called Dreamers who were brought to the U.S. illegally as children. It also barred green card holders from sponsoring adult children for permanent residency and reoriented enforcement priorities to focus on criminals in the country illegally.

Trump torched the bill as a "giant amnesty

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Last edited:

Dems offered $26 billion in border funding in return for DACA last year

Trump turned it down
Wrong, douchebag. Trump made the offer and the Dims turned it down..

He had that deal on the table. 25 billion for border security in exchange for DACA. He declined.

He's the great deal maker.

Dems offered $26 billion in border funding in return for DACA last year

Trump turned it down
Wrong, douchebag. Trump made the offer and the Dims turned it down..

You believe anything. Why don't you know the facts? Because you are a moron.

Trump the sick creep has not put out the offer. Democrats will gladly pass the $5 billion Trump wants for his vanity wall in exchange for the Dreamers’ futures. Especially considering they once offered the fat dying Dotard $26 billion for it :lmao:

He had that deal on the table. 25 billion for border security in exchange for DACA. He declined.

Wrong, turd. Piglosi and Schumer turned it down. Are you really that stupid and ignorant?

Trump the sick creep has not put out the offer. Democrats will gladly pass the $5 billion Trump wants for his vanity wall in exchange for the Dreamers’ futures. Especially considering they once offered the fat dying Dotard $26 billion for it :lmao:
Nope. To give the dreamers amnesty the Dims will need to approve the funding for the entire wall: $25 billion.

The Dems should agree to give Dotard his wall funding, open the government then pull the funding.

Up Trumps ass. :dance:

Wrong, turd. Piglosi and Schumer turned it down. Are you really that stupid and ignorant?

You believe lies. You might be a moron.

Trump killed that deal.

Nope. To give the dreamers amnesty the Dims will need to approve the funding for the entire wall: $25 billion.
Lol you idiot the last Trump shutdown happened because Trump rejected exactly that offer. Porky Sara Sanders went on TV and said Dems were holding America hostage about it as a reason Trump rejected the deal.

Top Democrat rescinds offer of $25 billion for Trump's wall | Boston.com
Schumer had made the offer last Friday in a last-ditch effort to head off a government shutdown, then came scalding criticism from his party’s liberal activist base that Democrats had given up too easily in reopening the government without securing more concrete promises on immigration.

“We’re going to have to start on a new basis, and the wall offer’s off the table,” Schumer, D-N.Y., told reporters Tuesday.

Trump turned it down

Trump’s best chance for border wall funding at the level he wants came in February 2018, when Republican Senator Mike Rounds teamed up with independent Senator Angus King on compromise immigration legislation.

It included $25 billion over a decade to build a wall along the southern border and a path to citizenship for so-called Dreamers who were brought to the U.S. illegally as children. It also barred green card holders from sponsoring adult children for permanent residency and reoriented enforcement priorities to focus on criminals in the country illegally.

Schumer had made the offer last Friday in a last-ditch effort to head off a government shutdown, then came scalding criticism from his party’s liberal activist base that Democrats had given up too easily in reopening the government without securing more concrete promises on immigration.

“We’re going to have to start on a new basis, and the wall offer’s off the table,” Schumer, D-N.Y., told reporters Tuesday.

Trump turned it down

From your link

Trump last year announced that he was ending the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA, but gave Congress until March 5 to come up with a legislative fix. With the clock ticking, Trump appeared to agree to a pair of deals with Democrats, then backed out and demanded more money for a border wall. He also sought an overhaul of the legal immigration system to prevent immigrants from sponsoring their family members and an end to a visa lottery aimed at expanding diversity.

And?

Trump turned it down

From your link

Trump last year announced that he was ending the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA, but gave Congress until March 5 to come up with a legislative fix. With the clock ticking, Trump appeared to agree to a pair of deals with Democrats, then backed out and demanded more money for a border wall. He also sought an overhaul of the legal immigration system to prevent immigrants from sponsoring their family members and an end to a visa lottery aimed at expanding diversity.

Forum List

Back