Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel to be Suspended Over Parkland Shooting Response

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016
Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel to be Suspended Over Parkland Shooting Response

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ting-response/
Newly-elected Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is about to drop the hammer on Sheriff Scott Israel! Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel is to be suspended over his response to the Parkland shooting.... The undersheriff is also expected to resign.... It’s about time!
The suspension is imminent and according to law enforcement sources, Israel is packing up his office.
Miami Herald reported: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...224080655.html

~~~~~~
We knew during the Obama administration based upon the tragic death of Trayvon Martin, that the Broward County Board of Education had changed the laws about troubled children within the county. "Broward County schools intentionally created polices from 2010 through 2016 that culminated in the 2018 mass school shooting in Parkland. We know this with great specificity because five years ago we warned Broward County Florida school board members this could happen."
Students who engaged in violence, drug sales, robberies, burglaries, theft and other various crimes were intentionally kept out of the criminal justice system. County administrators and School Superintendents told local and county law enforcement officers to stop arresting students.
It takes a special brand of cowardice to wait outside with your gun in your hand while children are being mowed down by a madman just steps away from you....
DeSantis is doing a good job including firing the board of elections supervisor in Broward also. We sure have a lot to look forward to with him being in the Senate, don't we?
This goes far beyond his response to the shooting. How about the fact that he was a vocal proponent and big supporter of Obama's "PROMISE" program, which systematically ignored serious infractions and crimes by minority students? How many red flags were excused by this misguided liberal policy which led directly to this massacre? Then Israel had the colossal gall to come out and blame the NRA when it was HE who had blood on his hands!

Its about time....the greatest sin of the elected class is the slow down of justice in America they have brought.....this is one reason why we the people are at each other with our dukes up.....

He should have been fired the day he opened his mouth. If you're going to be a leader, you have to accept responsibility when things go wrong--not make excuses for it. I can't imagine what must have went through the minds of the parents.

About time! The cowardly gun banning pos should be kicked to the curb! Good riddance ya pos! Why did it take so long?

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel, who faced criticism over his department’s response to the deadly Parkland, Florida, school shooting last year, was officially suspended by new Gov. Ron DeSantis on Friday.

"Sheriff Israel has repeatedly failed and has demonstrated a pattern of poor leadership," DeSantis said in a statement.

"He failed to protect Floridians and visitors during the tragic Fort Lauderdale International Airport shooting in 2017. He failed in his duties to keep our families and children safe during the devastating shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Feb.14, 2018," the statement read. "These incidents demonstrate Sheriff Israel’s repeated incompetence and neglect of duty. The families of the victims deserve accountability. It is my job as governor to ensure that the safety of our local communities, especially the safety of our children, is paramount. Government officials must be held accountable for their actions, and/or inactions.

"For these reasons, I am suspending Sheriff Israel from office effective immediately.”

Florida governor suspends Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel

About time! The cowardly gun banning pos should be kicked to the curb! Good riddance ya pos! Why did it take so long?

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel, who faced criticism over his department’s response to the deadly Parkland, Florida, school shooting last year, was officially suspended by new Gov. Ron DeSantis on Friday.

"Sheriff Israel has repeatedly failed and has demonstrated a pattern of poor leadership," DeSantis said in a statement.

"He failed to protect Floridians and visitors during the tragic Fort Lauderdale International Airport shooting in 2017. He failed in his duties to keep our families and children safe during the devastating shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Feb.14, 2018," the statement read. "These incidents demonstrate Sheriff Israel’s repeated incompetence and neglect of duty. The families of the victims deserve accountability. It is my job as governor to ensure that the safety of our local communities, especially the safety of our children, is paramount. Government officials must be held accountable for their actions, and/or inactions.

"For these reasons, I am suspending Sheriff Israel from office effective immediately.”

Oh finally! Shit! I put up an OP about it happening yesterday, but it hadn't happened yet..officially.

Why did Scott not do it? Scott's a politician, ya'll. He's not Satan, but is a politician.

DeSantis goes rightwing scumbag after only three days in office.
Only liberal garbage would keep an incompetent coward as sheriff. But seeing how you are a crime lover it is to be expected that you disagree.

Elections have consequences.

I suspect that corrupt Governor will flame out in record speed.

Watch...

No doubt he'll move up to a better job within the traitor crime party.

I think they were waiting for the final report.

Oh finally! Shit! I put up an OP about it happening yesterday, but it hadn't happened yet..officially.

Why did Scott not do it? Scott's a politician, ya'll. He's not Satan, but is a politician.

He should have fired him outright.

Forum List

Back