Judges & Trump Criminal Trials: The Outright Hypocrisy of Rightwing Media

Procrustes Stretched

"live long & prosper" reply "peace and long life"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
One quote caught my attention:

"Right-wing commentators, most prominently on Fox News, have condemned the judge nearly daily in their coverage of the trial. They have painted Justice Merchan’s rulings as biased, decried small donations he made to Democrats in 2020 and suggested that his connection to his daughter, a Democratic political consultant, made him unfit to oversee the case."

My mind immediately went to the judge in the Trump criminal trial in Florida - U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon. A judge appointed by Trump himself. Do commentators on FOX and other rightwing media raise the connections between Trump and the judge? Former President Donald Trump nominated and appointed Cannon to the federal bench after confirmation by the U.S. Senate in November 2020. --

Where's the faux outrage there?

Then again FOX News itself has already been proven to lie to and mock it's own loyal viewership. They have paid out around a billion dollars -- so far on these facts.

Last edited:

"Right-wing commentators, most prominently on Fox News, have condemned the judge nearly daily in their coverage of the trial. They have painted Justice Merchan’s rulings as biased, decried small donations he made to Democrats in 2020 and suggested that his connection to his daughter, a Democratic political consultant, made him unfit to oversee the case."

My mind immediately went to the judge in the Trump criminal trial in Florida - U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon. A judge appointed by Trump himself. Do commentators on FOX and other rightwing media raise the connections between Trump and the judge? Former President Donald Trump nominated and appointed Cannon to the federal bench after confirmation by the U.S. Senate in November 2020.

Then again FOX News itself has already been proven to lie to and mock it's own loyal viewership. They have paid out around a billion dollars -- so far on these facts.

I can't imagine your whining once Trump gets acquitted then re-elected, but it'll be fun to watch.

I can't imagine your whining once Trump gets acquitted then re-elected, but it'll be fun to watch.
I long ago went on record stating a guilty conviction is not demanded. It's enough that the disgusting degenerate has been held to not be above the law. He's been prosecuted.

I remember Mafia bosses receiving not guilty verdicts. Didn't make them reputable citizens.

Levin nails it. The dainty is simply wrong, yet again.

Levin nails it. The dainty is simply wrong, yet again.
take your troll shit and stick it where the sun actually does shine --shine, because after having your head up there so often, your prolapsed anal cavity is Yuge.

Merchan and Engoron are a disgrace to US Justice and should both be disbarred. Their personal hatred for Trump is obvious and undeniable to even the most casual observer.

I long ago went on record stating a guilty conviction is not demanded. It's enough that the disgusting degenerate has been held to not be above the law. He's been prosecuted.

I remember Mafia bosses receiving not guilty verdicts. Didn't make them reputable citizens.
Yeah, 92 indictments, 2 impeachments, Russian collusion ... blah blah blah. Most of America doesn't give a rats ass.

My mind immediately went to the judge in the Trump criminal trial in Florida - U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon. A judge appointed by Trump himself. Do commentators on FOX and other rightwing media raise the connections between Trump and the judge? Former President Donald Trump nominated and appointed Cannon to the federal bench after confirmation by the U.S. Senate in November 2020. --

Conservative media has been preoccupied for weeks with Justice Juan M. Merchan, the New York judge presiding over the Manhattan criminal trial against former President Donald J. Trump.

Mr. Trump has long attacked Justice Merchan and his family in social media posts and on his campaign website. But Justice Merchan did not earn a starring role in conservative media until after he issued a formal gag order against the former president, forbidding attacks against various people involved in the trial, including jurors and witnesses.

Since then, right-wing commentators, most prominently on Fox News, have condemned the judge nearly daily in their coverage of the trial. They have painted Justice Merchan’s rulings as biased, decried small donations he made to Democrats in 2020 and suggested that his connection to his daughter, a Democratic political consultant, made him unfit to oversee the case

take your troll shit and stick it where the sun actually does shine --shine, because after having your head up there for long, your prolapsed anal cavity is Yuge.
I notice that the dainty ^ once again is engaged solely in trolling and remains determined to post off topic.

Back on Topic:

As Levin correctly noted, “Judge” Merchan and his “rulings” are utterly biased.

He is a disgrace to the bench.

Attack the Judge. Try and make it that Cohen is on trial rather than Trump. Desperation on steroids. Setting up the narrative for when and if Trump is found guilty. It's the MAGA playbook of Trump's campaigns, culminating in Jan 6 2021.

Once more innocent dupes will pay the price for Trump's bs. More people getting arrested, indicted, sent away -- reputations and lives ruined -- all while Trump will fund-raise on the backs of the dupes.

Attack the Judge. Try and make it that Cohen is on trial rather than Trump. Desperation on steroids. Setting up the narrative for when and if Trump is found guilty. It's the MAGA playbook of Trump's campaigns, culminating in Jan 6 2021.

Once more innocent dupes will pay the price for Trump's bs. More people getting arrested, indicted, sent away -- reputations and lives ruined -- all while Trump will fund-raise on the backs of the dupes.
It’s ok to criticize the judge when he has demonstrated appealing bias and made rulings which are legally indefensible.

The dainty cannot argue on the merits, however.

U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon has been accused of favoring Trump, and the suspicions carry some weight seeing that it is Mr. Trump who raised her from oblivion in some backwater onto the federal bench. She also lacks any real experience in cases like the one before her.

The hypocrisy of those attacking Judge Merchan is as obvious as can be. One thing Trump has made acceptable to his cult following, is that shame carries no consequences. Shame having no negative value. Welcome to MAGA.

Yeah, 92 indictments, 2 impeachments, Russian collusion ... blah blah blah. Most of America doesn't give a rats ass.

Yep, proof the left has been out to get Trump for years. Thanks for proving our point.

If Trump is so guilty, why wait until the election campaign season to drag him through the courts?

Forum List

Back