Bucs-Cowboys opener begins with Black national anthem

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
The Black national anthem was played ahead of the NFL’s first game of the season between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday night.

The NBC broadcast played a video of Alicia Keys singing "Lift Every Voice and Sing" while the Florida A&M University Concert Choir joined in from Raymond James Stadium. Players from both teams stood in their respective end zones and locked arms to show unity ahead of the game.

Lift Every Voice and Sing" was played before the start of Week 1 games during the 2020 NFL season, and Front Office Sports reported in July the NFL planned to make the song a "prominent part of big league events."

The national anthem is usually only heard before early-season games or some primetime games, the Super Bowl and the NFL Draft. "Lift Every Voice and Sing" was played before Super Bowl LV and the draft in April.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

That is one of the reasons I stopped watching professional football and basketball. When they go political, go “woke”; I go away.

The Black national anthem was played ahead of the NFL’s first game of the season between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday night.

The NBC broadcast played a video of Alicia Keys singing "Lift Every Voice and Sing" while the Florida A&M University Concert Choir joined in from Raymond James Stadium. Players from both teams stood in their respective end zones and locked arms to show unity ahead of the game.

Lift Every Voice and Sing" was played before the start of Week 1 games during the 2020 NFL season, and Front Office Sports reported in July the NFL planned to make the song a "prominent part of big league events."

The national anthem is usually only heard before early-season games or some primetime games, the Super Bowl and the NFL Draft. "Lift Every Voice and Sing" was played before Super Bowl LV and the draft in April.

That is one of the reasons I stopped watching professional football and basketball. When they go political, go “woke”; I go away.

Are you nuts? I have never attended a single NFL game where the National Anthem was not played!

You won't be the only one. The people in the stands should turn their backs or yell and stamp their feet.

Are the tv ratings out yet?

I skip the front of NFL games now if I have to watch them. And I have to watch some Steeler games and the opener at least. All I can say is, fuck Tom Brady. That fucker.

Forgive me is this is a dumb question, but what exactly is the Black National Anthem? Is it a whole other song or does it just mean that our nation's song is being done by an African American person?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Are the tv ratings out yet?

The Sports channels keep losing subscribers every year, mostly. It's mostly feral hood rats now, most of whom aren't paying their bills half the time anyway.

The big money in sports is going away these days. These billionaire team owners will just have to bribe all the state and local governments to pay for some other scam soon.

What's the big deal?

NFL TV partners typically only air the national anthem ahead of special events, such as the season’s kickoff game or the Super Bowl. Fans watching the telecasts can expect to hear Lift Every Voice and Sing in addition to The Star-Spangled Banner for those major events.

Trumpaciles are looking to be outraged about nothing.........................AGAIN.

Alicia Keys would be never have got a job in 60's and 70's as a vocalist. But in this day and age of idiocy, she is considered like that idiot Prince who could barely play minor pentatonic in E as a genius. LOL
I agree she's no major talent, but she made a hit record and sold it to a lot of 12-14 year old girls, which is what pop and rock has always been about, separating teenage girls from their allowance money, not talent or professionalism; it's all marketing and hype, like enormously grotesque butts on black women being the rage now.

I agree she's no major talent, but she made a hit record and sold it to a lot of 12-14 year old girls, which is what pop and rock has always been about, separating teenage girls from their allowance money, not talent or professionalism; it's all marketing and hype, like enormously grotesque butts on black women being the rage now.
It's a tribal thing.

I don't watch any pro sports at all now because of shit like this. At first it was because this all pissed me off, I just wanted to watch a game. Now I'm starting to not really care if I ever watch them again or not.

I can play games, read, watch a movie, go for a walk, or do any of 10,000 other things. I don't have to watch sports.

I hope NFL teams go bankrupt. I watch sports to get away from reality, not have it shoved down my throat. I get way too much reality as it is, I don't want more. And certainly don't want a social agenda shoved in my face.

I turned it off. But I did turn back on the catch some of the game since my fantasy team had a few players going. I won't take part in a useless gesture that perpetuates a false narrative. That's the beauty of TV, I can turn it off when I want to.

The white owners need the black guys to play well so they can line their pockets with $$$$. Hence, the pointless gesture that will not help blacks in the inner cities. In fact, the white owners are so concerned with the players safety that they went ahead and added a 17th game.

Forum List

Back